QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by GhibStuFan
lol, husk. So funny to see you saying "fan service" just because of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series.
Omg, I love YGO!TAS. xD Funniest thing evers... 8D

Bandit Keith fanservice!

In America!

05.31.2010, 10:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
quote:
lol, husk. So funny to see you saying "fan service" just because of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series.

Bandit Keith fanservice!

In America!

It's super-special-awesome... believe it! O:

My Anime List

05.31.2010, 10:29 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
quote:

Bandit Keith fanservice!

In America!

It's super-special-awesome... believe it! O:

Card games on motorcycles!

05.31.2010, 10:32 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

card games on motorcycles!!!! that would be hard, lol..

@Ghib... I apparently missed the connection or reference here???? in other words... HUH? lol

anyway, in the Battle Club books text notes even say things like, "need a some fan service here" or things like that... I got tired of the lack of storyline....

as for Time Guardian, roughly, it is about a group that can sell time on an individual basis that will allow you to accomplish things that you want. The story revolves around a girl (what else, lol) that is enlisted to try and keep people out of trouble, more or less. I'll say no more about it...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.31.2010, 10:48 AM.

05.31.2010, 10:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, buggers, speaking of super-special-awesome. Anyone up for a Le Super Special Awesome Burger ... In America!

Oh geez what did I start

@Husk- You might not like it, but just go to youtube and just type in "yugioh" and one of the first things that'll pop up is yugioh the abridged series. Then just watch the first episode and tell us what you think. Each ep is only about six minutes long and all the voices are done by the same guy, littlekuriboh

I'll try out Time Guardian I guess. It sounds good.

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.

06.01.2010, 10:03 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

It helps if you've seen Yu-Gi-Oh to begin with.

06.02.2010, 06:13 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True. A lot of the jokes wouldn't make much sense if you didn't watch the original series.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.

06.02.2010, 02:02 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Vampire Kniiiiight. SO GOOD. 8D

06.02.2010, 11:56 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I finally finished Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. I don't know what it was, but I was seriously, like... bored. Just seemed like the same thing repeating over and over and dragging on... Not to mention it was thirty chapters where my foremost thought was "Do CLAMP even know what's going on?", along with "Wait, didn't he/she die?". Well done TRC, you just took top spot as the most confusing thing I've ever read. ._.

Am reading Pandora Hearts now...

My Anime List

06.03.2010, 02:59 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

finishing reading "Hinadori Girl" and going to start on some eps of "Love Hina"

06.12.2010, 05:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A friend of mine just introduced me to onemanga.com, so I've been exploring that site the past few days. I've never read any manga at all before now, so it's all pretty new to me. The plan was to tentatively dip my toes into a few different series and see which ones I liked best, but that didn't quite work out because the first series I tried was 20th Century Boys. I am now 70 chapters in and hopelessly addicted. There is no way I will be able to read anything else until I'm finished.

I haven't been so completely absorbed in a story since I was a kid, when books were the greatest thing in the world to me. This guy, Naoki Urasawa, he knows how to write. He knows how to create vivid characters, how to weave an intricate mystery around them, how to reveal just enough but never quite as much as you want. The plot is so engrossing you don't even realize how attached to the characters you've become. Why hasn't there been an anime adaptation of this?

I'm reading Monster as soon as I finish.

06.20.2010, 11:34 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm reading... a lot of manga.

Chobits: I can't decide whether I'm going to continue with the series. On one hand it's kind of adorable and on the other it's a little bit fanservice-y.
What a Wonderful World!: Acccch, so fantastic. It's different than a lot of manga and the art style is original. I think that there's only one volume out right now, but the volume that is out is super-fantastic-amazing.
Sand Chronicles: Sand Chronicles is really really sweet. I am enjoying it. (:
.hack//legend of the twilight: I... dunno. In some ways .hack is really cool and in other ways it kind of isn't.
I've also got Planetes, which I haven't quite started on...

Yeahhhhh. Mannnnga. XD

06.27.2010, 10:05 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

try to continue with the Chobits, Kiki... I loved the ending. I am going thru the Chobits anime now and I'm about 2/3s thru with it. After I watched it the first time, I was able to get the manga series and read it and it actually cleared up some of the confusion that I had from the DVDs...

06.28.2010, 05:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I picked up Yokohama Monogatari again. Such a lovely manga. I love the art and the story...going to finish it this time!

@Kiki: I think I tried reading Sand Chronicles but it had a wee bit too much drama for me. Just, it got exhausting. If you end up finishing it, let me know what happens!

07.01.2010, 01:36 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

@Fen
Really? I'd only read the first volume when I posted earlier, so I guess it stays all dramatic? Haha, dunno if I'll stick with it then. But if I do, I'll tell what happens, haha. XD

Recently I've picked up D. Gray-man too. XD I'm really liking it.

07.02.2010, 06:41 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Has anybody else noticed the sheer quantity of shoujo manga the korean mangaka Hwang Mi Ri comes out with? I felt the need to mention it, simply because there is such a startling amount! How does she (I THINK it's a she. I'm not entirely sure) find the time to draw and create so many?

They aren't bad either. I mean, I find the drawing style and similarities of the plots a bit too grating but i've come across worse! Has anybody else noticed this? :')

07.08.2010, 12:48 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Kobato by Clamp...

kinda meh, but if I find more eps, I'll read them...

07.25.2010, 02:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Liaam :)
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.16.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Liaam :) Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

finaly decided to start reading Rosario+Vampire, only read the first volume, but its actually really funny. I'll be sure to buy volume 2, great manga

08.02.2010, 01:31 PM Liaam :) is offline   Profile for Liaam :) Add Liaam :) to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Sorry, not telling.
husky51
The Old Guy

reading some vols of "Tuxedo Gin"....

08.02.2010, 10:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Liaam :)
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.16.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Liaam :) Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Neko Ramen. Its just amazing. Thats it. So funny. Cats+ Ramen. So. Cool.

08.23.2010, 05:54 AM Liaam :) is offline   Profile for Liaam :) Add Liaam :) to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Sorry, not telling.
[  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks