QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
Is Lovely Complex the anime about the really tall girl? I remember it vaguely.

Yes, and very funny it is too.

Omg i went and watched this after you said that (Well not the entire series but a couple of episodes) and i agree it is very funny And of course great two main charachters.

01.17.2008, 04:47 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well, now i have to go see lovely complex thanks to you lot, but im about to watch naruto.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.17.2008, 04:51 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol i think its as far as you could possibly get from naruto. But still good Very romance concentrated though so hopefully you like that genre?

01.17.2008, 05:08 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im afraid im into violent stuff, and it doesnt sound like a kung-fu blood bath so unless its super funny i wont like it much.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.17.2008, 05:12 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
Is Lovely Complex the anime about the really tall girl? I remember it vaguely.

Yes, and very funny it is too.

Omg i went and watched this after you said that (Well not the entire series but a couple of episodes) and i agree it is very funny And of course great two main charachters.

Thank you! Do watch it through it's really nice, a light hearted easy to watch series that makes you feel good.

It's odd, I watch lots of school / romance anime these days and sit there thinking - hm, how would this scene work in our RPG - how could you possibly get two characters to write interlinked posts to produce such a conversation? Its funny, but quite inspiring too. But Koizumi and Otani are very well written and very very funny, both are great characters some of the nicest I've ever seen. Its not like a dumb harem series where the guy is totally clueless, you KNOW that Otani understands exactly what is going on but he has his own reasons and agenda here and seeing that slowly revealed is so nice.

I don't know how far you've got but the end 5 minutes of ep.18 was wonderful! So lovely!

And the animation is great, Koizumi's facial expressions are brilliant.

01.17.2008, 05:13 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dude! Harmony that is one awesome sig. I waste two minutes staring at it in every thread.

And yeah, you should watch LovCom. Very amusing ^_^

01.17.2008, 05:15 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently watching Saikano again. I'm trying to give it a fair chance but it's failing miserably again, it's just the sillyness of the situation that turns me off, I need some sort of realistic or well held together premise behind a plot for it to satisfy me.

I'm not a fan of the faces either, they look like hamsters.

And all the crying... nah, it's not working.

It might be the action side of things, I don't really enjoy action. I think I'm the exact opposite of Harmony.

01.17.2008, 05:16 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Haha saddles Koizumi's facial expressions are my favourite bit - EASY. Espescially when she looks like a old man.

01.17.2008, 05:26 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Someday's Dreamers, I have an obsession with how much of a realistic feel it gives me. x.X My sis said Yume looked like me. I wonder what the res tof its series will be like..

01.17.2008, 09:33 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Haha saddles Koizumi's facial expressions are my favourite bit - EASY. Espescially when she looks like a old man.

Hehe, when she's trying to be cute for Otani...hilarious.

I watched Somedays Dreamers some time ago. I don't think I ever finished though...must finish some time xD

01.17.2008, 09:35 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finished Lovely Complex a long time ago. Actually, really liked it. But its ending wasn't all too great. Then again, I watched it without subs and little understanding.. lol

It's 12 episodes long and I own the DVD set. ^.^ I've only seen bout two episodes, but just the outlook and personal look and music give me the thought that I'll like it.

01.17.2008, 09:38 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Lol i like it when they get all excited about stuff and their eyes are really big and starry! So cute. Plus you can totally imagine doing it in real life, even if it doesnt actually look like you are.

If that makes sense...?

01.17.2008, 09:38 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Yeah, totally. They're so adorable together ^_^ The ending was kinda meh but it is an adaptation from a manga that runs for a quite a few more volumes so that's to be expected.

I do remember liking Somedays Dreamers...I wonder why I didn't finish it...hmm.

01.17.2008, 09:40 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I havent finished LovCom yet

I kind of want her to end up with Haruka lol, he'd treat her right. Not that shorty Otani who keeps
breaking her heart! >;]

01.17.2008, 09:47 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Ah I won't say anything to ruin the ending for you then. But yeah, when Haruka was first introduced, I was like, Forget about Otani Risa! ^_^

Where are you right now?

01.17.2008, 09:50 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

** SPOILERS **

Thought the above would only be polite! WELL im on the episode after Otani and Koizumi first kiss but because of his fever he forgot about it, and the new McDreamy teachers assistant has arrived.

And oh dear me that episode when you found out seisashu (male name can't remember females) was actually a boy! I laughed so much.

01.17.2008, 09:56 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I finished it on the train ride into work and LOVED the ending, just a nice believable ending, it worked for me and was the right people together at the end.

There were a few odd episodes and less than interesting characters introduced late to the story but on the whole it was very good. Its a nice easy thing to watch and it cheers you up which is always a good thing.

****** SPOILERS *******

Ah, yeah - the first kiss which in fact is just Otani passing out with a fever and falling against Koizumi. Perfect. And next day she's skipping and dancing about the place going "la la la I'm in love" and he's like "what? What's up with you, I was ill last night don't you remember?"

@ NC - ha, if you liked that kiss scene just you wait until the end of ep.18 - whoa, super awesomeness.

01.17.2008, 10:27 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

** SPOLIER-NESS **

I am SHOCKED! I cant believe how he reacted when she kissed him (2nd time)! But lol at him going on about her stealing a kiss. I like Maity now Even if he seems like he might have an evil side...Still he's nice. Im seriously against Otani atm though, he better sort his act out and start treating Koizumi properly.

01.17.2008, 10:30 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Currently watching Saikano again. I'm trying to give it a fair chance but it's failing miserably again, it's just the sillyness of the situation that turns me off, I need some sort of realistic or well held together premise behind a plot for it to satisfy me.

I'm not a fan of the faces either, they look like hamsters.

And all the crying... nah, it's not working.

It might be the action side of things, I don't really enjoy action. I think I'm the exact opposite of Harmony.

I still liked Saikano, yeah it was a little silly, but no more than any other anime I have ever watched. Haruhi is probably the dumbest plot ive seen so far, I can think of at least 3 more series that I have seen that have dumber plots than Saikano. I just liked the atmosphere. it created to me a real sense of decay. But that is just me, you can liek or dislike whatever you want.

Still currently watching Code Geass, I like it, certain parts are kinda wtf and certain parts are really well done. Best mecha ive seen, mostly because it isnt the main focus of the show. Note to gundam writers, heed above.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.17.2008, 11:15 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Saddles i got to the end of the 18th episode! I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN Aw how cute - SuperSuperCute.

01.17.2008, 01:59 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks