QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

theyre just trying to make the characters seem cooler.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.05.2008, 05:47 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nyah, I was right, I was right. Ahem, sorry. Hey FFF, you ain't keepin' him all to yourself. See season 2 of Tsubasa, is a kind of like an add-on, or is it a real continuation of the story from season 1?

01.05.2008, 07:11 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Nyah, I was right, I was right. Ahem, sorry. Hey FFF, you ain't keepin' him all to yourself. See season 2 of Tsubasa, is a kind of like an add-on, or is it a real continuation of the story from season 1?

It's sorta a bunch of extras. My friend has all the manga that's out in English. I'm watching the OVA because I dropped second season.

lol, sorry, I just have this mass obsession of his character. ^^'

01.05.2008, 11:34 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
quote:

It's sorta a bunch of extras.

So it has no relevance to the story? At all?

01.05.2008, 11:41 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gundam is bad for that. Really bad for that. Yzak is kinda whatever you feel like that day for the phonetics, but Waldfeld is really badly blundered.

Still missing Fate/stay Night, but i am going to watch Shakugan no Shana and the first Bleach season. Nothing else on my radar. Where the hell is that Haruhi 2nd season?

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.05.2008, 12:16 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan Nothing else on my radar.
Have you tried Haibane? There is no action at all and it's slow paced and all about the characters, very touching, sad in may ways too. I recommend it unless you like fun, cute girls and action (all of which it lacks). In some ways it felt like a "community of Kiki's" story.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.05.2008, 01:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ive been into the more action oriented series, i really dont want anything that is sad in that kinda way. I found parts of fate/stay night sad, but then when Saber starts knocking heads, its all good. Ill stick with some upbeat series for the time being and take it from there.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.05.2008, 01:43 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's wise, stick with the action then, I found myself crying for most of the whole of the last two episodes of Haibane and intermittently before that.

Now that I've finished it, I get a lump in my throat just hearing the opening theme.

Have you tried Read or Die?

01.05.2008, 01:46 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

I have not, but i have heard of it. Kinda unfamiliar with it. I think ill take down the two series that i have going now, and then see what else there is, i still have a few fate/stay night similar series that i got suggested by on animesuki, but i have free time, might as well do something with it

Click for Gallery^^

01.05.2008, 01:56 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sure, do a quick Wiki for Read or Die, it certainly isn't lacking in action. Or girls. It has the style of a 60s Bond movie, and great music. And it has a low FS level from what I've seen of the OVA and the first few eps.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.05.2008, 02:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

60s bond movie, ugh. I never really was a bond fan ever. The 60s vintage is kinda weird, i dont really have a defined view on that. ill wiki it and see if it tickle my fancy, but I'll probably pass on it.

Click for Gallery^^

01.05.2008, 02:03 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
quote:

It's sorta a bunch of extras.

So it has no relevance to the story? At all?

Very few.. I personally liked the chibi episode. *36 I believe, the number*

I only know the beginning of it, and have to ask my friend. I'm living in the newer chapters and trying to shut up before I spoil something. x.X

I'm gonna buy Shana for my sister for her birthday. I'm supposed to go a convention in March break which might involve not being home for my sister, Ryan, Lexi, and Paige's birthdays. X.X I hope they forgive me. I'm still making plans with my friend, and I haven't been able to talk to her since before Christmas break about it because she's been in Florida and the Bahamas. Shoot..

I'm into comedic series and realistic ones right now. I'm sticking with Sugar Sugar Rune manga though, even if it's mahou shoujo. I personally like the manga more.

I'm watching D.Gray-man and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. The latter is hard for me to find. x.X I might download it if I can, but there's that opening too.. God, I wanted to finish it before the first episode of the second season got out in sub. *it just premiered in Japan today apparently* Waa.. ;_; It's so cool...

01.05.2008, 02:25 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Currently just got 3 eps into Shakugan no Shana. It's good so far, but a little confusing, lots of stuff happening at the same time.

Click for Gallery^^

01.10.2008, 06:46 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

2 ep of ohshc, hilarious.

01.10.2008, 07:06 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei episode 7

I'm looking through the winter anime season. Ooh, the second season and the enxt two OVAs of xXxHOLiC and Tsubasa come out. Thank god. *loves HOLiC* I noticed there are very few series that interest me because they don't have what I want. -.-

Tokyo Marble Chocolate OVA. I was reading up about it in the NewType USA magazine my sister bought. It has a few other series mentioned I've never heard of before so I'll keep looking through. I wanna buy the DVD set with the two Tsubasa and HOLiC movies when they come out in Enlgish. And apparently VIZ is putting out five Japanese movies from Shojo Beat, and one is Love*Com. *Lovely Complex* If I can find it here or over the border in February or something I might buy it just to see what it's like. ^^ *needs to read the magazine again*

01.10.2008, 08:28 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

still watching shakugan no shana. i am disappointed to find it slightly fanserviced. It isn't really that bad, or that annoying so far, but i hope it doesn't get worse. The show is pretty good and i would hate to have that ruin it.

Click for Gallery^^

01.11.2008, 12:56 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
slightly fanserviced.
Seems about par for the course these days. Looks like we just have to get used to it and concentrate on teh good bits.

01.11.2008, 01:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yeah, at the start is was more like it was in haruhi, it had a meaning to the character, now it is a bit more liberal, but it isn't in a way that it is annoying, it still is probably unnecessary, but in no means distracting away from the plot. At least, not to me so far.

Click for Gallery^^

01.11.2008, 01:20 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

KimiKiss
Its a cute series...kinda plain though.

Banccano! Its a really good action series...Probably the most blood you'll ever see in a anime

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

01.11.2008, 01:39 PM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
harmony-of-mar
Baron

cool.
ill check it out.
im watching naruto shippundun on you tube.
still waiting for hinata to show up, shes my fave charactr.

01.11.2008, 06:38 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks