QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...    »  ]
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is Lovely Complex the anime about the really tall girl? I remember it vaguely.

01.13.2008, 11:54 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes Im From England!! I mentioned that in the weather thread i believe? I live umm in the Home Counties, in Hertfordshire. Its rather posh and very country-side-y But its quite near London so thats good.

So Yes ;]

01.13.2008, 11:55 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
ts rather posh and very country-side-y

I used to live in Shrewsbury (pronounce as "Shrows-burry" for added posh effect), and thats about as upper-middle class as you can get. Not quite "cup of tea at 4 in the afternoon with cream scones and jam" levels but still pretty high.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.13.2008, 12:08 PM.

01.13.2008, 12:08 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mm No we dont have scones much tbh. And yet, even though its like a quite posh area theres STILL bunches of chavs. Urghh. >;[

01.13.2008, 12:11 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Going back on to the original topic I've just watched the first 2 episodes of OHSHC (don't worry Mushishi, I'll be back) and I'm surprised to say that I enjoyed it, and that it is my intent to watch the rest later on this week.

I think more than anything else the main turn-off from this amine for me had been my preconception that it was "Yaori*". I perhaps had succummed to the fear that my masculinity would be draining away while I watched. But to my relief there is very little of that in there, it parodied my notion of Bishonen material very well. In fact i would go as far as to praise OHSHC for is comedy genius, the tremendous amount of snobbery is laughable, and the male-male undertone isn't as uncomfortable and in your face as animes like Gravitation. I loved the end to the 1st episode especially. I won't reveal the spoiler to those who've not seen it but I honestly didn't see it coming, I loved it.

*possibly miss-spelled
Atra

[edit] I'd miss-spelled the word miss-spelled, lol.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.13.2008, 02:17 PM.

01.13.2008, 02:15 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I hate to say i told you so, so i wont Ill just think it. Though its not unusual most people are suprised by how good OHSHC turns out to be AND it only improves throughout the episodes.

Haha the twins have their little male>male love dont they? Of course they dont mean it. In fact im not sure. You can never tell with the twins really

01.13.2008, 02:27 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
Is Lovely Complex the anime about the really tall girl? I remember it vaguely.

Yes, and very funny it is too.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.13.2008, 02:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

3 eps into Code Geass. So far it is pretty good, a little weird, and it has just started, but it is interesting for a mecha.

EDIT: i like the show, not in my usual crazy way, but so far it has a good story. Biggest thing that bugs me in it though is the logo creep. Where in the hell did pizza hut get the idea to get into the anime business?

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

Post last edited by Miyrru on 01.15.2008, 09:11 PM.

01.15.2008, 08:06 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

Yeah I liked Code Geass, it must have been something to do with Rebelling against the British Empire I can't help comparing it to a fantasy novel though, theres something about it that reminds me of the sort of thing I used to read when i was little. It wouldn't surprise me if it was based on a light novel of some sort, rather than a manga.

I'm probably just talking out my rear as usual.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.15.2008, 09:31 PM.

01.15.2008, 09:31 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

maybe, it seems like a familiar plot line, but so far it has had its twists and turns. It is good enough for me to watch the whole thing. I like it so far better than the gundams ive seen, this show actually has a story .

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.15.2008, 09:35 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

Hmm, I prefered CG to Gundam too. But you've gotta understand that Gundam is just a crazily huge story. To absorb it you'd have to start at the beginning, and thats just way to daunting, even for me. At a rough guess I'd estimate 350+ episodes and 4 movies. So no-one except the most die-hard of addicts are meant to know whats going on

I might go find out in a few mins, I have an Anime encyclopedia in one my desk drawers I think.

01.15.2008, 09:40 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

oh it is 350 at LEAST, ive seen both seeds and wing, going to watch G gundam, and have kinda watched 00. I cant even watch the original gundam series, the animation burns my eyes, i just gave up on anything they made pre-90s,

Click for Gallery^^

01.15.2008, 09:45 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

tried gundam once, was almost as bad as transformers.
it felt cold.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.15.2008, 09:50 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

hey, i liked transforers, the G1 was solid. Fond childhood memories there.

Click for Gallery^^

01.15.2008, 09:54 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

for me it was half an hour of nothing to do.
sorry but i just couldnt catch it.

01.15.2008, 09:57 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Atradius
Ohmu

Well,
First Gundam: 43 eps.
Gundam Zeta: 50 eps
Double Zeta: 47 eps
Film, Counterattack.
Gundam SD: 10 eps
Gundam SD ii-iv: 4 eps
Gundam SD "side story": 6 eps
War in the Pocket: 12 eps
Film, Stardust Memory
Gundam Victory: 51 eps
Gundam wing: 49 eps
Gundam Endless waltz: 3 eps.
Gundam X: 39 eps.
Gundam Turn-A: 50 eps.
Gundam Seed: 50 eps.
Gundam Seed Destiny: 50 eps + 2 specials
Film, Neo Experience
Film, Turn-A M1
Film, Turn-A M2
Gundam Evolve: 12 eps
Film, Gundam Seed Destiny
Film, Zeta M1
Film, Zeta M2
Film, Gundam Seed Stargazer

In total there are 478 episodes and 9 movies, crikey.
This list doesn't count special edition versions of the films either.

01.15.2008, 10:00 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
harmony-of-mar
Baron

hm... i just counted about 4 different series of gundam you missed.

01.15.2008, 10:03 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

k, not sure if you mean gundam or transformers. but for each of them, Transformers got serialized so it didnt have a plot and was simply stand alone episodes, show went downhill from there, but when i am 5 and 6 watching the reruns and buying the figures(still have all the ones that i bought oh so long ago) it is great stuff. Now? not so much.

On gundam, it is either a like it or hate it sorta deal, guess you would be in the hate it category.

@Atra, yeah, it is way to much for anyone to possibly watch. i bet there are people who have seen it all, but you know they are hard core

Click for Gallery^^

01.15.2008, 10:04 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

quote:
hm... i just counted about 4 different series of gundam you missed.

Yeah, theres more than 4 missing there. But quite a few are unofficial, many are only one or two episodes long and some have been merged under the title of a different series. The list I have is just a preference on the part of the author.

It's the same sort of situation with other long runners like Sailor moon for example, Crazy amounts of material and organising it into any understandable list is an impossibility.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.15.2008, 10:22 PM.

01.15.2008, 10:21 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
harmony-of-mar
Baron

yeah, what ever happened to sailor moon.
its a straight forward plot about the girls battling evil, i turn my back and WHAM! new sailors popping up up, villians that dont make sense, i dont even know who mini moon was, and what the heck was that knight guy?
*sniff* it used to be good....stupid serialisation.

01.15.2008, 10:25 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
[  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks