QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The big plus of Veoh is that almost all the content is hi-res avi files. Some users upload grotty little flvs that they presumably got from YouTube but generally the clarity is better on Veoh. I've also found their downlaod manager and so on completely stable, never had a glitch with it and very efficient it is too at getting a whole series while you sleep!

01.13.2008, 06:34 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I personally think the best thing about Veoh is it isnt getting any of the animes cut due to the producers or whatever realising that their shows are being given out freely on the web. For eg.

FUNimation has removed some of their shows from YouTube.

Which since i remember being in the middle of a series when they did it (Which series i cant remember) i found extremely annoying.

Currently watching DB & DBZ ;] Mainly due to my brothers enthusiasm with it.

Plus you really cant go far wrong with a bit of the ol' DB can you?

01.13.2008, 06:48 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im not afraid to admit i love yugioh gx and im currently watching the 2nd season.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.13.2008, 07:19 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I used to like yu gi oh, but than in the new one (GX right?) there was this thing with them being trapped in the school and everyone was acting like zombies or something and it went on FORVER. So i got bored However i do really like that chrachter in the new one with the Crystal cards? He is indeed VERY cool.

01.13.2008, 07:26 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I quite liked the first series of Yu-Gi-Oh, I don't think I'd like GX that much, they changed all the characters didn't they?

Overall, Yu-Gi-Oh wasn't much of a series IMO, there wasn't really any substance to it, it was just pure action. Not to mention the ten-episode-long duels could get an eensy bit boring. Especially when it was obvious from the start who was going to win, which it always was. But Seto Kaiba was great. *gets geared up for fangirl rant* The rest of them could go prattling on about true friendship and believing in yourself and all that cheesy mush, and there's Kaiba with some sarcastic remark to bring them back down to Earth. And his coats... wow those coats were great. So actually I guess I only like Yu-Gi-Oh 'cause Kaiba was in it.

My Anime List

01.13.2008, 07:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with kazegami, although I can see why people like yugiho I don't feel it has much substance to it. But then thats what you get when you have an anime designed to market a game. Dragging out battle does get tedious as well, but it's tolerable as long as the episode is building tension, and I don't feel yugioh does it very well.

One more coment on Veoh though, it is higher rez and quality fwhen compared to Youtube but it still barely comes close to owning it yourself, the main advantage of it though is that you get the episode IN FULL, and theres none of the stupid 3 part nonsense you get on YT. Iirc the .avi files that get uploaded to veoh are reduced in quality by around 30% which is still a significant loss.

I have my niggles about the download system too, but I think thats more a problem with my Pc set up rather than the program

01.13.2008, 08:08 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
I have my niggles about the download system too, but I think thats more a problem with my Pc set up rather than the program

I've had problems with downloading too, but I don't know what the problem is. I downloaded the first 5 eps of OHSHC but for some reason I couldn't download anything after that.

My Anime List

01.13.2008, 08:20 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The problems I had were accessing the files without using the Veoh player. I had been searching my program files to find them but when I did they were no longer .avi format, veoh had converted them. This annoyed me because downloading through Veoh limits you to only using their software for playback, so if theres ever a problem with the player, such as them recalling it, then you'll loose your ability to view your downloads. Theres not enough flexibility with it for my liking.

What is OHSHC an abbreviation of btw, it's not one I recognise?

01.13.2008, 08:35 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius One more coment on Veoh though, it is higher rez and quality fwhen compared to Youtube but it still barely comes close to owning it yourself.
Agreed. When my bank manager lets me I buy boxed sets of the things I've enjoyed off Veoh. When the boxed sets become available that is (still isn't one for Haruhi). I also actually dislike sitting at my desk watching anime or any movie come to that on my PC, I'd much rather slide a DVD in the player and watch it from the comfort of the sofa.

It's what sofas were made for. Well, the second thing they were made for.

Sadly, despite my DVD player being new and expensive it can't play avi or mpeg files off a burned DVD. Which in a way is good because I might then not buy the retail DVDs and that bothers me.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.13.2008, 08:39 AM.

01.13.2008, 08:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Atradius
Ohmu

quote:
still isn't one for Haruhi

ARRRG Tell me about it!
There isn't even an english translations of the novels yet, although I've heard Del rey are working on changing that, so I think it will be a while before we get a dubbed version of anime available over here.
quote:
I also actually dislike sitting at my desk watching anime or any movie come to that on my PC, I'd much rather slide a DVD in the player and watch it from the comfort of the sofa.

And I'm fortunate enough to have a laptop, so no problem there.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.13.2008, 08:43 AM.

01.13.2008, 08:42 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

OHSHC stands for Ouran High School Host Club
- Aah im in love with that cheesy but entertaining show.

Ahh i get confused with Yu Gi Oh tbh because it takes too long to do anything, and as previously mentioned you can guess whats going to happen. PLUS in the new one theres all these really really random new charachters. Like some tribal looking guy? its very strange.

Though that guy i mentioned before? The Crystal card owner? His names Jesse and im excluding him from all negative comments since i like him so much

01.13.2008, 09:03 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

quote:
OHSHC stands for Ouran High School Host Club

Thanks, I knew I'd heard it somewhere before, but I chose not to watch it because I generally dislike reverse-hareem anime. Fruits basket being the only exception.

01.13.2008, 09:11 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Oh i'd recommend it, you should certainly give it a try at least. Hopefully it will suprise you. Its generally funny, but also has some of those necessary dark moments. Plus each episode has something exciting and humorous happening in it you never get a bad episode where ouran's concerned if you ask me. Plus i think the animation is good, a lot of the time the girls are allowed to vastly outshine the guys in animes due to superior animation and time spent on drawing them whilst in this the guys are probably more entertaining to look at than the girls.

01.13.2008, 09:16 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Hmm, I suppose I should, but I've already got sooo much on my "to watch" list. I guess my list of watched anime could use a few more Bishonen titles.

01.13.2008, 09:39 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Go On. WATCH IT

Im pretty sure i also recommended it to someone else on here and now they really like it...Was it Kaze?

To Kaze:

Oi, Did i recommend OHSHC to you? Or was it someone else

p.s Excuse my rude Oi, it just had to be said.

01.13.2008, 09:42 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah it was you NC, I'm on ep 19 I think. Since I found Tsubasa Chronicle I kinda lost interest in it, but I WILL finish it, sooner or later. Harmony-of-mar is watching OHSHC right now and loving it.

Hey, Atra, you're in Leicester (sp?) right? My sister + her husband + her daughter + my gran live there!

My Anime List

01.13.2008, 09:48 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Leicester, the centre of the Tavern universe (when it's not Canada).

01.13.2008, 10:15 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Atradius
Ohmu

Yeah, there do seem to be a fair few Leiceterites on these forums. But I've only lived here a few months. I've met Saddletank in person (albeit for like an hour, and before I knew who he was) and I've met his daughter, Megan, too. I don't know what her Forum alias is yet, so I haven't had chance to say hello

01.13.2008, 10:37 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It's Ayami.

There's a guy called J L Jones who's in Leicester too but he doesn't post so much at the moment - a close relative of his is very unwell sadly and J L is obviously distracted by that.

Frigid I think is at uni in the midlands somewhere - could be Staffs.

Kazegami and Arren18 are in Scotland, CDB is in London and that might be it for the UK'ers who've revealed themselves.

Currently watching Lovely Complex. It's funny, I need a laugh once in a while and this works for me.

01.13.2008, 11:15 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think you can add Nausicaa Cat to the UKers list Saddles. Although I don't know what country or county she's in.

My Anime List

01.13.2008, 11:21 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks