QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thread is called "What are you watching" (purpose is to let people see what others are viewing and so give them potential new anime to watch) not "who is my favourite anime character" for which we already have a thread.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.16.2007, 06:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mushi Shi episode 2

School Rumble episode 1 (although I've watched up to 3 in Japanese, I'm watching it in dub.)

Someday's Dreamers episode 2 (has all the episodes on her DVDs. Seen up to three or so in English. Watching still in English.)

I think I have a dvd with the preview of The Wallflower dubbed first episode on it. Sweet. I wanna hear their English voices. (loves the manga, seen all the anime)

Some of Tsubasa. And I'm dying for second season of HOLiC.

12.27.2007, 10:11 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Someday's Dreamers manga is better than the anime, me have found; it's far sweeter.

Anyway, started to catch School Rumble, lol it's a riot. Pretty good watch if you're looking for something light. It's kinda similar to the style of Azumanga Daioh (probably even by the same author).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.27.2007, 10:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World. I'm only a couple of episodes in and haven't decided what to make of it yet. It's by Gainax and there is already a few nods in homage of Evangelion - one character reminds me so much of a meld of Ritsuko and Misato that it can't possibly be co-incidence.

It's an alien comes to earth and falls in love story (so far) and one little joke towards Onegai Teacher was nicely done.

A little ecchi too, but nothing too bad so far.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.27.2007, 11:47 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

watching nothing at the moment, fallen behind on gundam 00 due to time constraints.

Going to watch Last Exile, Place promised in our early days, and any other series that tickle my fancy, i have 500 gigs in hard drive space and i need to get that filled up.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

12.27.2007, 12:54 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

while i type this i am waiting for fruits basket ep 1 to load.current enough for ya?

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

Post last edited by harmony-of-mar on 12.27.2007, 05:38 PM.

12.27.2007, 05:38 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Someday's Dreamers manga is better than the anime, me have found; it's far sweeter.

Anyway, started to catch School Rumble, lol it's a riot. Pretty good watch if you're looking for something light. It's kinda similar to the style of Azumanga Daioh (probably even by the same author).

Not by the same author, I promise.

Still currently watching everything I listed on the last page of this thread, though I'm almost all the way through Haruhi, which has taken a lot of surprising turns.

12.27.2007, 06:12 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im watchin school rumble!
its awsmly funny!
hanai is my fave character.
is karasuma voiced by the dude who does yuki on fruits basket?

12.27.2007, 06:14 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji I'm almost all the way through Haruhi, which has taken a lot of surprising turns.
Are you enjoying it? And are you watching it in the broadcast (i.e. episode number) order. I'd like to hear what you think when you're done.

12.27.2007, 06:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my viewing of Elfen Lied was cut short at episode 6 due to computer problems again.. but the good news is now i have an excuse to watch my Bebop dvds from the start again.
Unfortunately i did not get Azu Dai, which ive been in the mood for lately, for christmas though..

Post last edited by T.C. on 12.27.2007, 07:01 PM.

12.27.2007, 07:00 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm eight episodes into Saikano just now. So far, I really like it.

12.28.2007, 05:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm 8 episodes into Last Exile and have been enjoying it so far. Not good enough to warrant my usual new series enthusiasm, but it has been solid so far.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

12.28.2007, 06:43 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Um, the broken character weirdness comes later IIRC.

Finished "This Ugly Yet Beautiful World" today and I can definitely recommend it. I was put off in the early episodes by a LOT of fanservice, the most nudity I've seen outside of Elfen Leid including a 13 year old girl but towards the end it got very entertaining indeed. In fact 12 episodes was too short, it should have been 26.

Lots of it reminded me of themes from Evangelion which might be why I enjoyed it: there was a girl very meek but who held the world's destruction in her power, a boy struggling with shyness and a dysfunctional family and a beer drinking half-crazed but vulnerable older woman.

It was a good ending, part-happy, part sad. My only complaints are the fact that its too short and the short bit had too many bare chests and bums in, but on the whole pretty good.

12.28.2007, 07:41 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

just finished the black cat series (god bless foxtel iq and adult swim) and im moving on to air gear.
what was with that scene at the end where train sees saya?

12.28.2007, 07:50 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
tariss-of-mar
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tariss-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Metaphorical, I reckon. It shows how he won´t keep mourning over her death and he´s happy.

I´m a supporter and user of Ubuntu (Linux)
Open source rules!

12.28.2007, 11:41 PM tariss-of-mar is offline   Profile for tariss-of-mar Add tariss-of-mar to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

i dont care,im still gonna write fanfictions where she comes to life.
i am watching......the last few eps of fb.omg,im gonna cry.

12.29.2007, 12:19 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Now watching Haibane Renmei. All I can say after one episode is its a very appealing style and a lovely slow pace, very meek, very pleasant. I'm looking forward to the meat of the story now.

12.29.2007, 06:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

ooh!
i saw an ep of that!!
but i just cant get into a non-violent anime.
but what i saw was nice.

12.29.2007, 06:14 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finished Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge.

It's pretty much a bishonen anime, even though the story is SUPPOSED to be about the four boys trying to turn a gore-loving thinks-she-ugly girl into a proper lady. Well, it's funny, I give it that.

School Rumble is looking good too. But the highlight for me is the ending song, which is surprisingly refreshing, and reminds me of Tsuji Ayano's lyrics style.

Trying to finish Saiunkoku Monogatari, one heck of political drama anime series. Fans of Twelve Kingdoms should love this.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.29.2007, 11:09 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I spent the last few days watching Samurai Champloo. It's actually really disappointing, and after 8 episodes it's really gone nowhere. Meh. Aside from that the intro is pretty cool.

12.30.2007, 08:22 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks