QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...    »  ]
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Adding up all the anime I have seen, not including movies, it comes to 86, shocking isn't it.

And seeing as no-one here has anything bad to say about Mushishi I guess I should be able to drag myself out of my biased pit and get around to watching it.

Anyone care to let me know where I could either DWL it or stream it off a video site. I'd prefer not to have to watch it on Youtube. (Ofc this runs off the assumtion that getting it online is actually possible, if not I might have to buy it off amazon).

Where abouts are you with Bleach then #1sanfan??

01.12.2008, 02:42 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got the first 'season' done, so that is like 25 eps in. Ive heard from roar that once it hits a certain point , the series just goes down hill. But the thing seems to go on forever, so i can use it as a nice filler anime while i get around to other stuff.

and holy heck, 86? jees, well someone had a lot of free time on his hands lol. I think i get a series done a week, so i can get alot of exposure to many more series. Not like there is anything else to watch.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.12.2008, 02:45 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius Anyone care to let me know where I could either DWL it or stream it off a video site. I'd prefer not to have to watch it on Youtube.
http://www.veoh.com/search.html?numResul...search=Mushishi

You have to download their download manager and player if you want to save to your HDD.

BTW, if I see a series I like I always buy the DVD boxed set when it comes out, I'm not a supporter of watching fansubs and not paying for the product I'm enjoying.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.12.2008, 03:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Atradius
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmmmm, I wouldn't say I was moral enough to be against fansubs. I do actively support them (in fact I have done editing work for a few). I do however draw the line at fansubbing films or feature length productions, if only because they are far more likely to get lisenced. Weather you use fansubs or not though is a matter of personal choice. The main reason that I like them then is because all too often the subtitling of a "reputable" fansubber is better quality than the subtitling on the Dvd. I'm very much in favour of Sub over Dub*.

I already use Veoh and have been doing for well over a year, but I think their Download system is still fairly buggy, so other than using the veohTV player to watch things I have only ever used it to download once. Besides, as veoh grows in popularity they are co ming down harder on the anime it's able to show. Quite a few series have been removed in recent months.

*note that my sub over dub preference only usually applies to anime series. Often film dubs are pretty good. An example of bad choice of actors for dubbing is Naruto, I can't believe how annoying the american Naruto is. Negima is also an awful dub.

But thanks for the link. I'll check it out shortly

{edit} Sorry if the first para of this post doesn't read to easily. My grammar unit is malfunctioning.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.12.2008, 03:38 PM.

01.12.2008, 03:37 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well, I don't have an operational grammar unit, this leading to crappy syntax.

I download just about all my anime, it is a economic decision more often than not. downloading something has lower sunk costs so it is easier to download a series and dislike and delete it than it is to buy a series dislike and then have to resell it to try to recover lost currency units.

subbing vs dubbing is really personal preference, i watch a mishmash of the two, sometimes it is a sub, sometimes a dub, regardless it is still the same show, with the same storyline.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.12.2008, 03:42 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

I've just come back from watching the 1st episode of Mushishi on Veoh and what can I say,well, the people who gave bad reviews were talking crap. I'd heard it was slow and boring but it's neither really. To tell the truth I rather enjoyed what I saw, It was a little surreal, but good nonetheless. I'll probably watch another few episodes shortly, I think it wouldn't be good of me to give my final opinion on it after just one episode....

And one more thing to add. The voice of the Mushi at the banquet, I can't help feeling I've heard it somewhere before, I think possibly the voice of Shangri'la from Noein. Hmmmm. That'll annoy me now..

Atra

01.12.2008, 04:12 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Atradius
Ohmu

quote:
I got the first 'season' done, so that is like 25 eps in. Ive heard from roar that once it hits a certain point , the series just goes down hill. But the thing seems to go on forever, so i can use it as a nice filler anime while i get around to other stuff.

Sorry I missed your post. Bleach is great up until the end of the Soul Society arc (ep 60/70ish), at which point it begins to go downhill slightly. I've been ticking to the manga and that still has me hooked, but as someone else on the forums said "whats not to like about kenpachi"

I wasn't a huge fan of the Bountu arc and I'm not really enjoying the episodes that are being released at the moment either. This is particualrly annoying seeing as the current storyline is really good, theres just something that seems to be sucking the drama out of it, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.12.2008, 04:17 PM.

01.12.2008, 04:16 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Atradius, another new face! Do please stick around, we get a lot of people arrive, say hello, post a while then vanish again

You sound like a big anime fan so it'll be good to have another take on things.

The most recent thing I watched apart from Paprika, whoa! amazing! was Kino's Journey which was so beautiful, I liked everything about it, the artwork, the pacing, the characters. Great stuff.

01.12.2008, 04:24 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

well, the show just seems like it was meant of an uneducated or uninitiated anime audience. It is pretty simple, standard affair, or so i think so far. Guy goes and gets powers and has to rescue his main squeeze as he gets stronger, Bleach so far to me in a nut shell. It is nice cause it doesn't require alot of thinking. i like it as a filler anime, something to keep me interested in anime while i wait for another series to finish downloading.

Click for Gallery^^

01.12.2008, 04:26 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

Once again I'll admit to not having watched Paprika because I'd heard someone say it was rubbish, so once again I'll go and prove myself wrong by watching it later on this week. I'll t ry to avoid the Paprika thread so as to minimise spoiler damage.

quote:
Hi Atradius, another new face! Do please stick around, we get a lot of people arrive, say hello, post a while then vanish again

Well technically thats what I did .I registered in oohhhh Novemberish? And then didn't post anything until yesterday, you'll be bored of me soon enough.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.12.2008, 04:34 PM.

01.12.2008, 04:32 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
I'd heard someone say it was rubbish.
Wow, they must be watching a different film to the one I did, it is just wonderful in every way. I won't go on about it here, go see it then comment in the Paprika thread.

01.12.2008, 04:37 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:

Well technically thats what I did .I registered in oohhhh Novemberish? And then didn't post anything until yesterday, you'll be bored of me soon enough.

Yes, I recognised your avatar, which I see you've changed now. Before, you had that one that said: "Haha... it's a lemon... strapped to wheels." Heehee, i liked that one. But your new one's cool too. And yeah like Maho said, I hope you'll stick around.

My Anime List

01.12.2008, 04:57 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Aye don't worry about the avatar thing. It'll change a few more times before I get one that I like. I'd been using this one (Osaka) for at least a year on some other forums. I've left those now so I can have this one back, as It's a piece of my own work heh heh.

I've uploaded it to several avatar sites in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's been seen elsewhere. I copied someone elses work in the first place, lol.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.12.2008, 05:06 PM.

01.12.2008, 05:03 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

making avatars is more efficient, even then i go through 1 a month at best.

Click for Gallery^^

01.12.2008, 05:05 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I've just come back from watching the 1st episode of Mushishi on Veoh and what can I say,well, the people who gave bad reviews were talking crap. I'd heard it was slow and boring but it's neither really. To tell the truth I rather enjoyed what I saw, It was a little surreal, but good nonetheless. I'll probably watch another few episodes shortly, I think it wouldn't be good of me to give my final opinion on it after just one episode....

And one more thing to add. The voice of the Mushi at the banquet, I can't help feeling I've heard it somewhere before, I think possibly the voice of Shangri'la from Noein. Hmmmm. That'll annoy me now..

Atra

Ooh new person! Welcome ^_^ Actually, I remember your name from a while back as well.

Anyways, Mushishi is great. Very surreal and I guess that makes it hard for some people to take. Glad you decided to pick up though.

And Noein...is it any good? I remember meaning to watch it but then, like most other things in life, never getting around to it.

01.12.2008, 05:45 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Heya ;D

quote:
And Noein...is it any good?

Well, yes and no.

When I first starting watching it earlier this year I enjoyed it alot, there was something about the way it threw an alternate perception of reality at you that made it very appealing. The whole anime is based around the idea that there are multiple timelines and universes, and that certain people have the power to change and bend them at will, while others can travel between them (draw a comparrison to "The Girl who leapt Through Time". Unfortunately such a complicated setting requires quite a large amount of exposition, but the first couple of episodes handle it very well. It's just as the whole series continues just more and more things (I'm trying to avoid spoilers) come into the limelight and the main story arcs start to overlap rather than merge. It resultingly becomes quite hard to follow and a lot of the good stuff in the story is lost as a result. As the series came to it's conclusion I'd lost too much interest in it and become frustrated.

I still wouldn't go as far as to say it's bad, but something was missing. I'd love to be less vague but I really can't, it increasingly lost it's impact as it set out to achieve too much in it's closing episodes. I did like the style of fight scene in Noein though, it flowed very well and was balanced with the rest of the story, which is good because it isn't a hugely action-based story.

Anyways, sorry if I can't be more helpful on that one
Atra

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.12.2008, 05:59 PM.

01.12.2008, 05:55 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, it sounds good and the kind of thing that would appeal to me. After good old fashioned romance I do like a puzzle to unpick.

I recently and after a long break finished watching Boogiepop Phantom. Its rare that an anime will leave me with a WTF? moment at the end but that one did. I thought it was just too clever and mixed up for it's own good and while I think I understood it, the way the story was presented was infuriatingly and unnecessarily complex. It felt like Serial Experiments Lain meets Paranoia Agent and then someone switched the lights off and furred the focus just to keep you guessing a bit more.

I got well and truly sick of a dark screen and furry focus by the end of that series!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.12.2008, 08:08 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Anyone care to let me know where I could either DWL it or stream it off a video site. I'd prefer not to have to watch it on Youtube. (Ofc this runs off the assumtion that getting it online is actually possible, if not I might have to buy it off amazon).

Also try this; http://www.anitube.net/seyret/anime-epis...ushishi-02.html
it's not the best qaulity but it gets the job done.
Otherwise try hunting it down on Stage6.com, that is where i watch most of my anime series before buying. unfortunately i still havent purchased Mushishi but its first on the list, then i have to get Beck for my little brother aswell... $$$

01.13.2008, 02:45 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
fizzy
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.04.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fizzy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

And seeing as no-one here has anything bad to say about Mushishi I guess I should be able to drag myself out of my biased pit and get around to watching it.

I personally love Mushi-shi, and have not read many negative reviews for it. That being said, it is very niche, you'll either love it or loathe it.

It's unique. Give it a try, but not on Youtube, the video quality does not do the series any justice. If anything try Veoh or better yet buy the DVD which is available now in R1,2(UK) and 4 (i.e. if you want an English dub).

01.13.2008, 06:10 AM fizzy is offline   Profile for fizzy Add fizzy to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

I watched the first 4/5 episodes last night on Veoh, or early this morning depending on what timezone you live in. Currently I'm rather enjoying the dose of surreal, I don't tend to watch a lot of this sort of anime and it makes a nice change. I just hope the storyline progresses a little faster, currently the episodes are all "stand-alone stories" and don't link together very well. I'd like to see it become more structured and an ongoing storyline develop, I'm sure it will, after all it's a 24 episode series.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.13.2008, 06:28 AM.

01.13.2008, 06:26 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
[  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks