QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What's new for movies from Ghibli
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions What's new for movies from Ghibli Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Robert
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.29.06
What's new for movies from GhibliPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Robert Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Havn't been here a while,lots of new faces I see , Hi there from Sydney Australia.
Just wondering if there is a new movie on the horizon or to be coming up soon.
I couldn't see any one talking about new movies so there's the need to ask.

04.19.2011, 06:15 AM Robert is offline   Profile for Robert Add Robert to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi, Robert...

WB

The only one that I am aware of at the moment is "Arriety's Song"

EDIT:

I was in error, the actual title is "The Borrower Arriety".

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.19.2011, 11:40 PM.

04.19.2011, 07:21 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
O-Jay88
Warawara

Registration Date: 11.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by O-Jay88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Studio Ghibli is now in the middle of a 5-year plan in which they intend to produce at least two more films. The most recent was "Arriety the Borrower", which has been released in Japan, but not many places else. Their next film will be "Kokurikozaka kara", an adaption of a shojo-manga from the 80s. It is directed by Goro Miyazaki and will be released in Japan in the summer. Afterwards, I believe Hayao Miyazaki will direct another film.

A new film by Isao Takahata has also been announced, "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter", but there hasn't been any news regarding the project for a long time. Miyazaki has also directed a few new short films for the Ghibli museum.

04.19.2011, 07:49 AM O-Jay88 is offline   Profile for O-Jay88 Add O-Jay88 to your buddy list
supertrf
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by supertrf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's a piece of news from a most famous Miyazaki website in China which is authoritative said:
"【简讯】吉卜力将开“昭和三部曲”计划"
What is the new plan of Ghibli this year.
Three movies called 昭和(しょうわ/Shōwa)trilgy series.
The first one is "コクリコ坂から(Kokurikozaka kara/From Kokuriko Hill)"which will be on at 7.16(Sat.)

Official website:

http://kokurikozaka.jp/
Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokurikozaka_kara

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!
I love Chinese culture, Japanese culture and USA culture!
And I think animation is my best enjoyment in which Miyazaki Hayao's movie is the best!

Post last edited by supertrf on 04.19.2011, 09:50 AM.

04.19.2011, 09:48 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kokuriko Zaka-Kara is the second movie directed by Hayao's son Goro, adapted from an 80's shojou manga. If it flops, they're not going to let him direct at the studio anymore, I'm told. Kinda harsh, but it's important to Ghibli's track record I think.

And yes, The Borrower Arrietty has been out in Japan, France and maybe a few other countries for a while, based on Mary Norton's children's novel from the 50's. US release is planned sometime in early 2012.

04.19.2011, 09:58 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh no. Goro Miyazaki is going to be directing one of their movies?

Probably not good. If Earthsea is any indication, this next movie won't be too good.

04.19.2011, 10:02 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen some concept work and reports from it, and it sounds like it's going to be a huge improvement. But that doesn't remove the fact that I'm anxious for it

04.19.2011, 10:04 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
supertrf
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by supertrf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
Oh no. Goro Miyazaki is going to be directing one of their movies?

Probably not good. If Earthsea is any indication, this next movie won't be too good.

Well, this time it's Miyazaki and his son's cooperation.
Though Goro is the directer but Hayao will also direct his son,,hahaha

So I think it's worth expecting...

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!
And I think animation is my best enjoyment in which Miyazaki Hayao's movie is the best!

04.20.2011, 02:34 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I look forward to it!

And I liked Earthsea...

04.20.2011, 11:46 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
supertrf
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
I look forward to it!

And I liked Earthsea...

So do I!!!
You like whisper of heart??

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!

04.21.2011, 12:27 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
Takuto
Calcifer

Do we know how much Hayao was involved with Earthsea? It's not a horrible movie, but if it had his guiding hand I imagine it would've turned out much, much better.

04.22.2011, 06:02 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by supertrf
So do I!!!
You like whisper of heart??

It's my favourite

04.22.2011, 09:14 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, Whisper is my favorite as well...

=======================

The thing to remember about Goro is that it has been many years since he did Earthsea (which I liked, btw) and I am sure that he has improved his skills since then...

04.23.2011, 01:35 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
The thing to remember about Goro is that it has been many years since he did Earthsea (which I liked, btw) and I am sure that he has improved his skills since then...

I agree. Ok, Earthsea wasn't near as good as Hayao's or Isao Takahata's movies, but for a first try, it was pretty decent. Was Hayao's first own movie, Lupin 3, a masterpiece? (I really don't know, only Miyazaki movie I haven't seen). Goro has probably improved from Earthsea.

04.23.2011, 11:03 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
supertrf
Tanuki

TO Mushka & husky51:
Though wisper of heart is not my favourite but I love it.
What I like most is the love between Seiji and Shizuku!
Also Seiji's private field...I just want to find one for myself in my city...

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!

04.23.2011, 11:29 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good news, I am looking forward to the new movie by Goro. I also liked Earthsea, yes it was disheveled and confusing, but it also was a beautiful story with good characters and a gorgeous soundtrack.

04.24.2011, 10:01 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay another Australian!

Madman says they will release Borowers in cinemas this year.

04.28.2011, 01:36 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
MarkMaddon11
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.05.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MarkMaddon11 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
I look forward to it!

And I liked Earthsea...

Earthsea was good.

06.05.2011, 01:23 AM MarkMaddon11 is offline   Profile for MarkMaddon11 Add MarkMaddon11 to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Its okay, not full of the same artistic feeling or strong leading characters like Hayao's movies though. I didnt even like it as much as Takahata's movies, Whisper of the heart or Cat returns.

06.07.2011, 06:44 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Heidi80
quote:
Originally posted by husky51

Was Hayao's first own movie, Lupin 3, a masterpiece?

Yeah, pretty much. Future Boy Conan is awesome, too. I'd definately rate them both above Earthsea, but it's still pretty good.

Check out my music:

06.07.2011, 09:52 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks