QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...    »  ]
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Arkadian
Hurrah!!! That's the one (well, except the "pig" bit... it is actually some kind of giant boar )

Oh, sorry, haha. My english can sometimes be a little... but yeah, boar would be the correct word xD

I'm kind of stressed right now and can't come up with a good one so.. Could someone post a quote for me? (:

07.02.2012, 01:59 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly
I'm kind of stressed right now and can't come up with a good one so.. Could someone post a quote for me? (:

OK, here goes...

"Believe me, sometimes I wish I couldn't.."

(pun intended)

07.02.2012, 05:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whaaat, so it wasn't from Kiki? My mind is blown

Spirited Away? i know i remember the quote.... But i can't think of what its from :/

07.02.2012, 09:52 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nope, not Spirited Away...

07.03.2012, 01:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hhhmmm it does ring a bell somehow, but no idea so far.

07.03.2012, 04:33 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

Good luck!!!

07.04.2012, 01:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

would it help if I said that it has a lot of airship activity???

--------------------------------------------------------

gasbag airships???

----------------------------------------------------------

tremondously big and other itty-bitty airships?

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.06.2012, 05:28 AM.

07.04.2012, 08:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hhhmmmm

I was thinking of Porco Rosso, but given our "clues" I guess not...

So it must be Laputa...

07.06.2012, 05:43 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

ya got the movie, now who said it???

07.06.2012, 06:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

the statement is made in a middle size craft... by a man...

last clue...

OK, if this hasn't been guessed by tomorrow afternoon then I will give it up. This would be the second time in ten pages that i will have stumped you all...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.08.2012, 03:46 AM.

07.07.2012, 09:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

I haven't had the chance to have a look at the film yet. Yesterday we had the end of Kiki to watch (for the n-th time )

07.08.2012, 04:24 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

I will give it another day, then...

Have you read all the clues?????

07.08.2012, 02:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

probably the girl said it. the main girl.

07.09.2012, 08:04 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
the statement is made in a middle size craft... by a man...

last clue...

OK, if this hasn't been guessed by tomorrow afternoon then I will give it up. This would be the second time in ten pages that i will have stumped you all...

The last clue could have given it away. The one refering to the "second time in ten pages"...

The phrase was said by Dola's husband after he had said "Stop yelling at me" that I gave as a Ghibli quote on 5/16/2012 (page 32)

Little seen character with few lines... I didn't set out to stump you all because I think it is more fun when you get the answer, I just don't want to make it too easy...

07.09.2012, 11:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

"Come out, come out, whereever you are!"

This one should be easier...

07.09.2012, 11:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Easy, it is from My Neighbour Totoro, when Mei and Satsuki are stood at the bottom of the stairs yelling into darkness, cant remember if it is just before or after the acorn bounces down the stairs.

07.10.2012, 06:01 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Done and done... right on the money...

your turn, but I may disagree about that...

lol

07.10.2012, 01:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by husky51

The phrase was said by Dola's husband after he had said "Stop yelling at me" that I gave as a Ghibli quote on 5/16/2012 (page 32)

Little seen character with few lines... I didn't set out to stump you all because I think it is more fun when you get the answer, I just don't want to make it too easy...

Actually I don't think they are husband and wife... After all the boys call him "uncle".
I didn't think it was THAT difficult, once the movie had been identified. I thought it was him who said it, but I just didn't have the time to check it. As I said, we are going through a Kiki phase

07.10.2012, 06:12 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

I will have to check that out, but I do believe that he is their Papa...

can't right now, gotta go to Bingo... lol

07.10.2012, 07:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Arkadian

Actually I don't think they are husband and wife... After all the boys call him "uncle".

They are. Because at the room where they were playing chess the man told dola that sheta reminded him about dola of that age. Now you do not tell someone something like that if there is no relationship.

I do not know if this movie has been dubbed too much modified.I do not have the disney dub version. But when i gave a Quote from there

"there it is ! right on schedule."

though it was the first line of the movie.no one could identify it.

another thing the boys do not call the man uncle. they call him dad in the movie.

Maybe arkedian forgot the movie or the english sub(you cant believe fansubs) that he saw was wrong or the english dub was heavily modified (still this kind of mistake is likely not to happen).

i have check precisely to know what happened.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.12.2012, 12:56 PM.

07.12.2012, 12:55 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
[  «    ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks