QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  556  557  558  559  560  561  562  563  564  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I'm sorry FFF, I've never experienced anything like that before. I guess it's a case of 'hope for the best, prepare for the worst'. *hugs*

I can only agree with Kaz... Sorry that I can't be more helpful

10.08.2014, 12:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My friend's boyfriend returned. He was attacked when walking home from work and was knocked out for two days. He woke up on the day my friend reported him missing but his memory was fuzzy and he was in a stranger's house. He got back to their place during the night. She took him to the hospital. What's important is he's alive, but I imagine they'll be worried about him when he heads back to work again.

I've known quite a few people who've gone missing. Although most cases end quite sadly (a guy from my school went missing during my first year and was never found. But people feel is was partly due to discrimination that not enough coverage was done on his case because he was aboriginal. It's pretty true, we all noticed how little was done besides by the guy's family and the townspeople who all searched for about a year). So fortunately this was not one of those cases.

HL: Getting work done.

LL: Upcoming midterm in an hour... I hate tests.

10.09.2014, 12:38 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Cousins day out at the beach. Three of my cousins work for the local post company and they were having a family day. I find it funny that there's a pool right next to the beach but hey.

LL: Sunburn, but not yet medium rare

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.12.2014, 08:10 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pleased to hear your friend's boyfriend has been found, FFF. He should get checked out at a hospital though, concussion can be an odd thing.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 10.13.2014, 04:56 PM.

10.13.2014, 04:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She has! He's alright though, but they decided to move in to his parents for the time being. They were supposed to wait until later in the year to move but his parents came for them last week after the incident. My friend's just thankful he's okay. He was stabbed too, but the guy missed hitting him somewhere vital so luckily he lived. Can't imagine the trauma this sort of incident will give him.

LL: I'm having awful allergies and having so much work due isn't helping.

10.14.2014, 12:22 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay, got to yak with Roar for a half-hour this AM... Til his battery ran out.... (is he really an engineer?) lol

10.14.2014, 08:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Speaking of batteries running out, pretty sure my phone is about to die.

WL: Sketchiest dream ever just now.

HL: Prof gave me an essay extension after I spent most of last night crying and lamenting over my skin condition (it ain't fun). She told me to take as much time as needed.

LL: Said prof has to undergo treatment soon for an illness. Hope that she will be fine.

My meds are starting to work or I'm just over tired. In any case, my skin is not hurting nearly as much as it was last night. But luckily, the extension puts me at peace.

10.15.2014, 09:06 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What are you allergic to?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.15.2014, 09:48 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

LL: Well I just found out that electric scooters can't be used even on the pavements here. Enforcement is lax, sure, but it's still ridiculous. The law pretty much makes owning any sort of vehicle illegal unless otherwise stated. And "vehicle" is defined as any sort of transportation, even kiddy tricycles.

It's basically a "you can't unless I say you can" kind of law.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.16.2014, 11:43 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
LL: Well I just found out that electric scooters can't be used even on the pavements here. Enforcement is lax, sure, but it's still ridiculous. The law pretty much makes owning any sort of vehicle illegal unless otherwise stated. And "vehicle" is defined as any sort of transportation, even kiddy tricycles.

It's basically a "you can't unless I say you can" kind of law.

Sorry to hear that, Roar... Where you cited? Or just warned?

10.16.2014, 12:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why drive on the pavement? Shouldn't motor scooters be kept in the road like all other internal combustion vehicles?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.16.2014, 01:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Here in the states, the road can be called the pavement but the sidewalk is the sidewalk...

maybe another one of those trunk=boot things

A motor scooter is something that you sit on, similar to a motorcycle, except you don't straddle the seat. An electric scooter is one of those standup devices with a small electric motor, like the ones we played on as kids, except then, no motors usually... At least when I was a kid.

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.16.2014, 03:55 PM.

10.16.2014, 03:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hl: Early release today in school.
Ll: my backpack was stolen. Working to identify the thief.

10.16.2014, 05:55 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hope you find the scum sucker that took it...

10.16.2014, 09:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

No, I was planning to buy one but a lot of people told me it's illegal even though it's as common as jaywalking. It's just that I finally found the actual laws that say so.

Fun fact: It's illegal to keep a cat in the apartments here. Obviously one of the few laws nobody cares to enforce.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.17.2014, 10:48 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
What are you allergic to?

I have no known allergy, just all the symptoms of severe allergies. Maybe the world? I'm going for further testing because nothing has come back telling me what on earth is causing all of this and for all the histamines in my body.

10.17.2014, 01:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

HL: Reese cups. But small. So so small.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.18.2014, 10:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You need the giant ones, 50mm diameter. I can only eat about 3 before I feel ill.

10.18.2014, 12:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

REESES.....nom nom nom

10.19.2014, 08:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
You need the giant ones, 50mm diameter. I can only eat about 3 before I feel ill.

They weren't selling those at the shop I passed by (impulse buy, lol). They had the rectangular ones but after I calculated out the weight/price ratio, I went for the small cups instead.

Also, they had those in white chocolate

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.19.2014, 08:56 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  556  557  558  559  560  561  562  563  564  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks