QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  557  558  559  560  561  562  563  564  565  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

White chocolate Reeses? Surely the pinnacle of achievement of western civilization

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.19.2014, 09:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol Reese is spelt differently in Canada than elsewhere I think. My American friend pointed this out to me. I know that they have Reese ice cream, but white chocolate ones?? Ew. lol

HL: I really love Korean hip hop. I think it's how Korean flows. Wish a lot of the time I knew other languages because some things in music are lost on me in their original language (Japanese isn't so bad).

Skyped a friend in Japan I haven't talked to in forever. <3 Was happy to see him.

There's also an exchange student I want to make friends with before he leaves. My friend told me he's usually pretty shy but he seemed to want to talk to me. But he wouldn't say anything, he just came and sat beside me or stood next to me so I started talking to him. lol Apparently he's good at cooking so I'm gonna invite him over for cooking. I think he's friends with my partner.

10.19.2014, 09:45 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

??? so how is it spelled differently?

10.19.2014, 02:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm... FFF's wild assertion ( ) confuses me too. Since its a company registered name I highly doubt it has different spellings in other countries... Toyota is Toyota everywhere for example.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.19.2014, 05:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Look it up on Wikipedia. In Canada, we call it Reese. Everywhere else it's Reese's.

10.20.2014, 12:15 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Look it up on Wikipedia. In Canada, we call it Reese. Everywhere else it's Reese's.

sigh, of course, it's a Canadian thing.... Those darn Canadians......

uh, wait a minute... I are one.....

lol

10.20.2014, 12:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:

Ah, I see. A local name thing. I expect it's still "Reese's" on the packaging though.

10.20.2014, 04:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They're... those chocolate things with the peanut butter inside, right? I think I tried them once and didn't like them. Not a fan of peanut butter.

HL: Aldi and its wonderful cheapness. I just bought like a week's worth of shopping for less than ten pounds.

My Anime List

10.20.2014, 05:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:

Ah, I see. A local name thing. I expect it's still "Reese's" on the packaging though.

No, not unless it's Reese's pieces. I'll take a photo of some sometime when I go to the store. It was when I was shopping with my American friend that she pointed out the difference.

10.20.2014, 05:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its actually rather common, several other products go by different names in different countries due to copyright or cultural or insert-random reasons. Kinda funny really.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.21.2014, 12:48 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: I'm just having a really hard time again lately. Luckily, my profs seem understanding.

The prof I was hoping to become closer with had to leave due to cancer abruptly. I don't know how to get close with my professors like other students do. I don't normally have a lot of questions and I'm a crybaby.

HL: The ESL teachers at my university told me I can drop by and ask them questions about their jobs. I can also do job shadowing with them if I want to. Which is great. They teach intensive English to the Japanese exchange students at my school.

10.21.2014, 03:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: got an annoying group presentation out of the way at last

Lowlight: we suffered from some technical difficulties...

10.23.2014, 06:21 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Audit at the workshop. I'm not issued safety boots yet, so for "convenience" I am now on a x-hour coffee break until auditor goes off.

Best TGIF so far

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.23.2014, 10:54 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
My San Diego Chargers lost to the Denver Broncos...

10.24.2014, 01:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Lol, someone told me on another forum my question I'd asked was "retarded", so I called him a dick. I guess others felt the same way about his response and told him he was insensitive.

HL: Yay, finally got the other textbook for the online course I'm taking~. So can start working on my crappy essays. lol

LL: Feeling insanely nervous to check any of my marks...

10.24.2014, 07:57 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

HL: Happy New Year!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.25.2014, 05:00 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol. Roar.

HL: Went to my Cross-Country banquet, and was one of about 15 people to get an academic achievment award! Out of 80 people! Yay me!

LL: Haven't been on here in a while, been managing my youtube channel. Go check it out!

FlareNetworkC

10.25.2014, 07:56 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

It's the New Year in the Islamic calendar. There's no big celebration though, just prayers.

HHHHHL: Old classmate's wedding. Met up with a whole bunch of old friends I haven't seen for so, so long, some I couldn't recognize until I was standing literally in front of their face. Good times, good times.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.25.2014, 06:49 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy new year, Roar~ and sounds like fun ^^

10.25.2014, 07:08 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

WL: Holy crap, some people on other forums can be complete ducks. I just asked a question to see what others' experiences have been, and someone made a derogatory comment at me and also said that there's more important issues around to be discussing and that I'm just a whiny girl basically asking for too much liberalism and not to expect people to accept it. ._. W h a t.

This was all because I just asked for anyone's experiences with interracial dating.

I'm just feeling sort of miffed over their responses, but I guess they proved my point. lol

EDIT: Happy New Year, Roar!!

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 10.26.2014, 06:17 PM.

10.26.2014, 06:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  557  558  559  560  561  562  563  564  565  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks