QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  539  540  541  542  543  544  545  546  547  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah, I heard about that. Supposedly it should be here on Wednesday or Thursday this week. If it's anything like the last typhoon I experienced, it shouldn't be worth worrying about though.

07.07.2014, 09:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Er, but reports are saying it's a "super typhoon", so I doubt it would be anything like before, though...?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.08.2014, 04:45 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've since heard that it's likely to be far less severe by the time it gets here. It's around Okinawa just now I think, and it might be kinda bad in Kyushu, but here is supposes to be fairly okay.

07.08.2014, 06:08 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, just read a news report about the storm and found this part to be funny... The typhoons name is Neoguri...

"Neoguri is a Korean word meaning "raccoon dog," a knee-high animal that looks like a cross between a dog and a raccoon but is a separate species common in East Asia."

a Tanuki!!!

Someone find out where Benten in...

07.08.2014, 02:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She's been waving her magic fan I think.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.08.2014, 02:37 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Stirring the pot, for sure...

07.08.2014, 04:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol my friends in Japan are laughing meekly to themselves. One of my friends heads back to Japan at the end of the week from India, where they're being hit by a monsoon. XD

HL: Finally got power restored after four days!! Had it knocked out by a killer tropical storm on Saturday. It was brutal. Trees down everywhere, wires hanging in places they shouldn't. We're actually one of the later ones to have power restored since we live in a rural area. Not much damage to our property. One tree fell on my dad's car and the cable wires were dangling off the house, but all's good. Neighbours had a huge tree come down though and had to cut it down during the storm before it tore all the poles on their property plus their garage.

LL: However, it caused me to break down too often and until ten minutes ago I was feeling super unwell and crying. lol

07.08.2014, 05:06 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
hahaha, just read a news report about the storm and found this part to be funny... The typhoons name is Neoguri...

"Neoguri is a Korean word meaning "raccoon dog," a knee-high animal that looks like a cross between a dog and a raccoon but is a separate species common in East Asia."

a Tanuki!!!

Someone find out where Benten in...

Haha, I didn't actually know what that name meant, but now that I think about it, I seem to remember the naming pattern for typhoons or something similar being various animals, I think in China. I think they get numbers rather than names in Japan.

07.08.2014, 09:38 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Over the last several nights I have had some very vivid and quite strange but enjoyable dreams. I usually never recall my dreams, or only rarely but this recent string has been distinct, colourful and lots of fun.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.09.2014, 06:16 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Earlier today somebody talked about a dream, and it reminded me that I had a really weird one last night! There was an enormous (like dog-sized) moth, and it landed on my head and I couldn't do anything about it. Then, it was like it was dangerous and infectious or something, because afterwards my ear was hurting (in the dream). It felt like there was a big lump inside, and when I washed it I managed to remove whatever it was. It was weird as hell.

07.09.2014, 07:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
I have an offer on my motorcycle!!!

LL:

07.09.2014, 02:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HL:

LL:

I believe this here to be an example of a love-hate relationship that cannot be understood?

HL: Job interview.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.10.2014, 02:12 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Roars interview. Good luck!

LL: I'm out of work right now and feeling pretty low. Been jobhunting since April but no joy.

07.10.2014, 08:16 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

goodluck roar.

@saddle

is it because economic crisis in Europe

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.10.2014, 12:28 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: went out for food, drinks and karaoke. It was a little shorter than I'd have liked, but I still had fun.

Lowlight: there won't be many more opportunities to do that...

07.10.2014, 01:11 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Good Luck to both Roar and Saddles.

@arren
Yeah, but think of the memories....

@Roar
Not a love-hate thing, but a love of riding my motorcycle that it is too unsafe for me to do any longer because of the tremors in my hands. Not safe at highway speeds as it comes and goes. So... Happy that a buyer has come forward and sad because another fun thing in my life has come to an end...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.10.2014, 01:35 PM.

07.10.2014, 01:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wooo!! Good luck, Roar. And Saddles too~.

HL: I'm getting super excited for my trip to Toronto. I GET TO SEE PENGUINS. Yesss.

LL: At the same time, I'll probably be yelled at for spending money during my trip, but it's not something I'll likely get to do again for a very, very long time.

I'm just kind of hoping my mom doesn't quit her job.. but I can't tell her not to. I understand her reasons. It just makes things twice as hard for me and going to school and fearing I'll have to drop out if my family doesn't have enough money...

EDIT: Hey, to those of you in Japan, are CDs cheaper there than they are online?? I'm wondering since I wanted to order a few Sakanaction albums and one Korean album (which costs the same as a typical Japanese album since it comes with two discs). I'm just wondering since I'm kind of cringing at having to pay over a hundred dollars for four CDs and would ask one of my friends to purchase an album or two for me when they're there if it's cheaper.

Also, what's the average price of magazines in yen? I want to ask my friend to pick me up at least one when she's back in Japan (music related). At least they're definitely cheaper than CDs but it's hard to find the ones I like online without them costing an arm and a leg in shipping.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 07.10.2014, 04:55 PM.

07.10.2014, 04:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

New CDs are very expensive here. I don't know how much gets added on when you import, but for a while after release, they're normally between 2000 and 3000 yen, so unless they're older, I don't know if it would be much cheaper.

I don't actually know about magazines... I've never looked at the prices.

07.10.2014, 09:23 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Visiting the site after being gone for a few days! I've missed all you lovely people!

LL: My stepdad and I had a fight. Not a big one, but a small quarrel. We are already over it, but I had a good day, so that was the only bad thing.

07.10.2014, 10:03 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Doing some software coding work as a favour for a friend yesterday. I spent all day on it and it was strangely satisfying. The fact it was for a computer game made it easier (testing!)

HL2: Welcome back Flare!

07.11.2014, 06:41 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  539  540  541  542  543  544  545  546  547  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks