QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  543  544  545  546  547  548  549  550  551  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's great, FFF. It's a great feeling when you find something that really drives you and you can be really motivated to work at. Hope it works out for you.

But yes, it's been way, waaay too hot here these last few days. Like...

My Anime List

07.25.2014, 05:16 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: went to Osaka for a festival, which was cool and a lot of fun.

Lowlight: there was quite a bit of hassle and irritation getting there and back, and I'm really exhausted now.

07.25.2014, 10:16 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Susuwatarii
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.20.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Susuwatarii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A friend of mine told me that she likes having me in her life, made me really happy to hear that.

07.25.2014, 01:59 PM Susuwatarii is offline   Profile for Susuwatarii Add Susuwatarii to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
Yeah, Fen, I'm new. I joined earlier this month. I've been waiting to meet you for so long! Sorry if that sounds cheesy.

Aww not at all! That's very sweet ^^ I'm glad we got to meet eventually.

A little late, but welcome~ *confetti*

LL: so sleepy. And I have a bit of a headache
HL: Friday! Potluck tonight~

07.25.2014, 03:35 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hl: I've been reading Isakaya, and I have a new favorite character..... Maho Fushida! She's freaking hilarious.

07.25.2014, 04:44 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, Maho was a very cool lady. It was a shame she got married and quit the Tavern...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.25.2014, 04:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh well, she's moved on. But we still have Husky and saddles and arren and kaz and NC and Fen(sometimes) and me and now Susu!

07.25.2014, 04:50 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

...and don't forget Roar, what would the Tavern be without The Strange Man Who Is Roar?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.25.2014, 04:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

... What about me?

LL: I'm having issues getting financial aid this year for school and it's stressing me out..

I feel like a deadweight because I can't work full time or even more than five hours a week during the school year due to my school's location and inability to handle a full course load and work. I can barely handle a full time job on top of two online courses.. I'm just really really not looking forward to graduating with a huge amount of debt (and I couldn't live at home if I wanted to, I'm lucky I found a school where apartments are very close to it. Housing is cheap here).

I would transfer but it's too late for that and I went to my school to receive a quality education. I might go to a name brand school and that's partially why it costs more than any other undergrad university, but it was that education I wanted. It's put me through hell and I will never have a great GPA or even close to good, but I'm trying my hardest to do what I can with my situation. It's not just me. My boyfriend seems to have went to a very well known college prep school and has a full scholarship but struggles to keep his grades up here. We're both not really designed for university education, but I wouldn't give up my experience for the world.

07.25.2014, 05:20 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
Hl: I've been reading Isakaya, and I have a new favorite character..... Maho Fushida! She's freaking hilarious.

Maho's character was brilliant! I've done a little re-reading also and she honestly added a huge amount to the RPG, sometimes you need a character whose willing to be a bit cutting and acerbic. Very good.

Chi I have now noticed was forever winking, clearly an action that I as a writer seemed to take to with great enthusiasm. It's a wonder the other characters didn't start assuming she had some sort of facial tic. She was also a giant flirt.

@FFF, of course you too! <3 I'm sorry to hear about your uni troubles, a lot of friends of mine have similarly struggled. A guy I'm really close to had a really awful year in particular, he even got a 5% in one exam! And this is a smart dude, who always did really well in school. Sometimes a person's mind just can't neatly fit into a certain type of academic regime. There is really not anything wrong with that. And you're definitely right about the experience thing! Even if I knew in advance that somebody would only come out with a low result in terms of grades, I would still recommend it to them, since it is all about so much more than that. Also don't freak too much about debt - I will be in the same position also, as will pretty much everybody, you just have to view it like another kind of tax. Nothing scary, just a part of adult life.

I hope things ease up for you soon! <3

07.25.2014, 05:30 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, NC. Luckily my boyfriend has no debt and we'll both be paying towards it together once I'm done school, which makes the burden a little easier to bear.

As I don't have many Canadian friends, it's a bit harder for me to find someone to identify with as far as financial difficulties go. Most of my friends have their education and living costs paid by their parents but work extremely hard at school and work for professors or the university as a result. My friends really taught me to value my education, as they come from all walks of life. But most don't know about my financial situation and how hard it is on me.

But the degree is worth it for me in the end, even though I will be going back to school for something unrelated.

HL: My boyfriend sent me a bunch of Japanese candies and letters.

07.25.2014, 05:46 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Susuwatarii
A friend of mine told me that she likes having me in her life, made me really happy to hear that.

Aww, thats so nice. Congrats!

07.25.2014, 06:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat She was also a giant flirt.
hahah, maybe the character fits the player?

She was adorable as well, despite being a teen girl with exploding hormones.

07.25.2014, 06:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat She was also a giant flirt.
hahah, maybe the character fits the player?

No comment...

07.25.2014, 06:19 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Almost done remodelling my room. Biggest change would be the lack of a mattress. Go figure Also, I can see more floor area than previously. I'll post some pics when I'm done. If I ever get it done. Maybe. lol

LL: Days without going online much made me miss quite a bit. I feel like a newcomer.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.26.2014, 05:47 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
LL: Days without going online much made me miss quite a bit. I feel like a newcomer.

But when was the last time you were able to say that? Its a good thing!

HL: Off for a picnic in a wee bit with my oldest childhood friend who I haven't seen in forever.

07.26.2014, 06:21 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Fated to Love You, Korean version. I loved the Taiwanese one, so wasn't sure how I would feel about the Korean one after so.. many.. horrible remakes... ahaha.. ha... But I love it!! The Taiwanese version was a lot more comedic and whatnot, but the Korean version seems to try to make the characters deeper. And the leads are great.

07.26.2014, 08:22 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Hl: FFF's new avatar! It's artsy and very beautiful.
Ll: I forgot to mention Roar....ooops.

07.26.2014, 09:26 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Roar! Long time no see... Where ya been....

07.26.2014, 02:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Whats that? Another new member?

07.26.2014, 03:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  543  544  545  546  547  548  549  550  551  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks