QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  577  578  579  580  581  582  583  584  585  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I have to do First Aid training... it costs so much money. x_x I'm not even being reimbursed half the cost..

It's also offered only at inconvenient times. How do I go about asking my new employer if I can have Sunday off next weekend so I can go for a two day training session? That's the only convenient time I have. I was offered a ride to one next week that's closest to me but I have an exam during that time. My one exam. Ugh.

04.14.2015, 05:46 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I did a lot of writing today for the first time in awhile!

LL: My eyes are WEAK. I went for a walk with a friend and it was both windy and sunny, and my eyes could nooooooot handle it. I was like. Openly weeping. It was awful.

04.15.2015, 11:58 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Kiki

Is there any way you can get your eyes checked? This is not good...

04.16.2015, 12:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've had watery eyes all my life. They weep when its windy and when there's a sudden temperature change (coming into a warm room from the cold in winter). I also shed gallons of tears when chopping onions and even sometimes chillis. Don't worry about it at all - your eyes are certainly not "weak" just sensitive in different ways to others.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.16.2015, 11:45 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have watery eyes too when it's windy. They water most of the time. I have eczema which makes it a bit worse. lol

LL: My power bill date changes. Oops.

04.16.2015, 12:28 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I mean I never really worried about my eyes, especially since my vision is 20/20. They're just ANNOYING. Thanks for the advice and the concern though!

HL: It's beautiful out! Also I'm going to get to work on editing a real BOOK!

LL: I keep eating too much junk food, which is making my throat super sore all the time. I wish I'd stop! I also wish I had the kitchen space and the energy to make myself a real damn meal.

04.16.2015, 05:19 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh wow, Kiki! How are you going to edit a real book?

WL: Hey, if I don't get into teaching next year I'm planning on moving to a big city in Canada (or even the USA, but that really depends). What sort of jobs should I look into as someone with an English degree with a minor in women's studies? I keep forgetting my minor makes me more eligible for some jobs. I know there's a lot of volunteer opportunities I'd be very excited for in a big city and being able to practice/access more languages and activities. But I'm just wondering what sort of work I could look into. I might be able to get a TESL qualification over that summer if I don't get in.

I'm pretty much okay with doing anything but I'd like to find something that could potentially build up my resume a little bit. That may mostly be volunteer work. In the end, I might look for a housekeeping job or try and find something as a janitor, but I know it'd be a far better idea for me to do something working directly with the public. I'd love to work in a bookstore but most only hire part-time. That's alright too as long as I find something on the side.

Hopefully I will get in, but who knows. Although it's exciting to think of moving out of the small town life in any case. Whether that means being placed in the countryside in another country or a big city in Canada.

04.16.2015, 08:31 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All of you, possibly, like I do, try some eye drops... I have what they call 'dry eye' which is weird as my eyes water a lot, but the OTC eye drops seem to help...

04.17.2015, 02:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My eyes haven't been bad since my mystery allergy symptoms last year.. although they still water become it's so darn windy where I live. I use copious amounts of eye drops when that happens though.

HL: I made the random decision to possibly become a florist.

04.17.2015, 09:19 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's actually really interesting, FFF.

I'ver never had super watery eyes.

04.17.2015, 10:37 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

FFF—a florist! Nice! As for the book editing thing, it's not like I'm going to be editing for a big publishing house or anything, but my boss at the magazine I work for offered the opportunity to work on the book and I took it!

HL: My boyfriend did a bunch of housecleaning! Very nice!

LL: I had jury duty today. Awful. I was there for six hours doing literally nothing, so that eventually the judge could finally show up and tell us we could all go home because the defendant had decided at the very last minute to plead guilty. Awful!

04.17.2015, 11:07 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's cool you work for a magazine!

Yeah, I was just looking up random jobs and then realized you can go to school to become a florist. So I thought hmm, that might be interesting.

04.18.2015, 07:58 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki

HL: My boyfriend did a bunch of housecleaning! Very nice!

LL: I had jury duty today. Awful. I was there for six hours doing literally nothing, so that eventually the judge could finally show up and tell us we could all go home because the defendant had decided at the very last minute to plead guilty. Awful!

Good B/F, keep him, lol

Jury duty, been there, done that. a number of times...

hahaha, I was called one time and when I realized what the situation was, I started grinning. The judge commented about what I found so funny and I told him that he would understand in a few moments. I went thru the questions about myself, education, age, etc and then I said I work at ********, I know and work with the arresting officer, know and work with the two witnesses, and I am familiar with the case under discussion. When I was finished, I got grins and laughter from the gallery, the judge, the witnesses, the defendent, everybody!!! The judge called the attorneys to the bench and had a short conference. When he was done, he turned to me and said, "Well, Mr. ******, I guess it comes as no surprise to you, but you are dismissed!" Upon hearing that, the gallery started clapping and cheering and everyone, including the judge was grinning and smiling... Best jury duty ever, lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.19.2015, 03:46 AM.

04.19.2015, 03:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: My other high school best friend is pregnant.

This is legit a really horrible moment.

04.19.2015, 09:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pregnancy is a wonderful, beautiful thing but a child will alter someone's life completely. Young people need to be so very very careful and use protection when enjoying their youth. Your friend now faces very serious decisions. I never judge anyone who terminates a pregnancy for reasons of academic needs/studies or if they feel they are not ready to be a parent. Your entire life and the life of the unborn child are in the balance, I hope she chooses wisely and very carefully. Its a horribly unenviable situation to be in.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.20.2015, 05:07 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Pregnancy is a wonderful, beautiful thing but a child will alter someone's life completely. Young people need to be so very very careful and use protection when enjoying their youth. Your friend now faces very serious decisions. I never judge anyone who terminates a pregnancy for reasons of academic needs/studies or if they feel they are not ready to be a parent. Your entire life and the life of the unborn child are in the balance, I hope she chooses wisely and very carefully. Its a horribly unenviable situation to be in.

The context of my unhappiness over this situation isn't because she doesn't want a kid. She didn't plan on having one yet. It's just we saw it as inevitable.

I really... really do not like the guy she is with. She's changed completely since they started dating and became incredibly rude and condescending towards me. We all hoped (her family and everyone who knows the guy) that they'd separate. But they didn't. Now she's going to have a baby with him. I feel more awful for the child than anyone knowing what I do about the father. I'm worried about her but she sees no faults in him and I'm just very sad this happened.

I've known a lot of young mothers but none of their pregnancies have made me sad. I told my sister and she freaked out. Where I'm from, if you find out you are pregnant, most of the time that means you'll have the baby. There's too much judgment and I doubt it's crossed her mind or the father's if they actually want a child. Which is way more distressing.. If she decided she did not, I would totally go with her to a clinic. I'm honestly not sure where one is now. My region is a hot spot for discussing women's reproductive rights in Canada because of our differing laws on the subject. I think the Liberal government got rid of the old laws and might have allowed the clinic to reopen eventually, which might have been the only good thing they've done so far. lol There's a really great documentary which explores this topic in my region.

My mom seemed kind of sad about it. If my friend keeps the baby, which she likely will, after the pregnancy I'll see if she wants to go on BC and I'll help out with the baby if I can. I just worry about her and the baby...

04.20.2015, 10:05 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, FFF. That sucks, no one should have to deal with pregnancy that early.

04.20.2015, 10:11 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
Aww, FFF. That sucks, no one should have to deal with pregnancy that early.

Pretty sure they're in their twenties but anyhow.

Well sorry for being absent because yeah stuff. I've had a whirlwind of a weekend because I somehow ended up making quarterfinals in a pokemon tournament, which meant I probably won't have time to repair my bicycle I use for work. And I just remembered that the next day, during the eliminations, I also have a bike lesson in the morning, during which, wouldn't you know it, I skidded again on the same bike, and the instructor refused to listen to anything I have to say about the bad rear brakes and said it was my technique and that I have an attitude and stuff, and so now I have a new bruise and scar. So I made my way to the tournament place with my bike gear in tow and of course I somehow made it all the way to finals which meant I couldn't repair my bike on Sunday either because by the time it finished, it was evening. Which also means I had to find a way to make space in my tiny net bag of bike gear to fit in the pile of prizes AND a box I accidentally left behind the day before. And to top it off, this morning, I found out that everyone went back to the main office instead of the usual meeting spot to collect our new phones, which meant a cab and wasted cash. Oh, and my new bicycle pedals didn't fit. Screw too big.

My status update in a nutshell. All the highs and lows like low-fat milk.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.20.2015, 11:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Well sorry for being absent because yeah stuff. I've had a whirlwind of a weekend because I somehow ended up making quarterfinals in a pokemon tournament, which meant I probably won't have time to repair my bicycle I use for work. And I just remembered that the next day, during the eliminations, I also have a bike lesson in the morning, during which, wouldn't you know it, I skidded again on the same bike, and the instructor refused to listen to anything I have to say about the bad rear brakes and said it was my technique and that I have an attitude and stuff, and so now I have a new bruise and scar. So I made my way to the tournament place with my bike gear in tow and of course I somehow made it all the way to finals which meant I couldn't repair my bike on Sunday either because by the time it finished, it was evening. Which also means I had to find a way to make space in my tiny net bag of bike gear to fit in the pile of prizes AND a box I accidentally left behind the day before. And to top it off, this morning, I found out that everyone went back to the main office instead of the usual meeting spot to collect our new phones, which meant a cab and wasted cash. Oh, and my new bicycle pedals didn't fit. Screw too big.

My status update in a nutshell. All the highs and lows like low-fat milk.

thats tiring i think.

hope you recover to your fresh roar mood.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

04.20.2015, 11:29 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Busy, busy, busy... Good thing you didn't have 'Spiderman' training on top of all that...

Or did you???

how you felt Sunday night

04.20.2015, 01:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  577  578  579  580  581  582  583  584  585  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks