QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  574  575  576  577  578  579  580  581  582  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
FFF, I hope your interview went well!

Thank you! I hope so too. >~< They gave me three tasks by email to complete afterwards, which I had no idea about. haha I don't know anyone who applied for the positions I did. Most people I know were interviewed for the other positions they have open. I'll find out likely today or tomorrow if I got the jobs or not.

Actually, this was one of the better interviews I've had. Which was surprising. Maybe since I already knew them and we wound up laughing about stuff I said. Somehow I've gotten better at hitting the nail on the head on what to say. Sometimes I worry I'm too honest though. This was also the first time my menial work experiences actually factored into the job, although it's mostly unrelated.

03.26.2015, 08:50 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
Received my "Marnie" DVD in the mail to day about 3 weeks ahead of its scheduled arrival... Now to find a quiet time to watch it...

I'll tell you all everything that happens.....NOT!!!

I don't know what to do first... Read the book or watch the movie??? Probably the movie as it seems to me from experience that the books usually go into a lot more detail than the movies...

EDIT:

LL:
This is the first time that I've tried to play an other region DVD in my laptop and it didn't play. It tells me that it is a "Region 2" disc and that I'm set up for "Region 1". It then tells me that I need to re-set my device to Region 2, but doesn't tell me how to re-set...

Anybody ever had this prob?

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.26.2015, 11:39 PM.

03.26.2015, 10:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aren't there only a specific amount of times you're allowed to switch regions and then it stops and you're stuck on whatever the last one was? I'm not sure since I don't trust my laptop with my life to try a DVD in it. haha Although I remember getting that message on other devices..

HL: Found a potential new roommate, just waiting on hearing back from him. ^^ He's also totally cool with having a cat around if I decide to foster.

LL: I'm so tired/drained lately. I just want spring to come. I want sunshine. It's been a really bleak, snowy winter and it's taken its toll. I just want to see grass again and be able to walk outside without slipping on ice constantly.

03.26.2015, 11:46 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
What you said, FFF, about a limited number of times helped me find the way. I used another laptop and was able to change the region, so I'll leave this one at region 2, the other at region 1 and keep the third handy for whatever...

So I was able to watch "Marnie" after all... thank you...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.27.2015, 02:48 AM.

03.27.2015, 02:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

VLC alllows a dvd to be played without worrying about regions. I'm not sure if other players can do the same but it's always been vlc for me and dvds.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.27.2015, 10:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would have thought that as this is a problem with the computer settings it would affect everything, even if you use VLC. That is, while VLC itself doesn't care what region your DVD is, the computer still might not allow it to work. But I guess I don't really know! It might be worth a try.

03.27.2015, 10:57 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

VLC?

read my title "the OLD guy"...lol

03.27.2015, 11:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My computer has never bothered to argue about DVD regions; I can play anything on it thru VLC and Windows Media Player so I suspect the region limitations are only programmed into actual DVD players.

That being said a good quality DVD player will allow you to choose a settings option of "region free" from the manufacturers manual. I bought an NAD DVD receiver L 53 about 12 years ago and its been a fantastic piece of gear, with the ability to switch off region settings.

If some people have to choose settings in their computer software as Arren suggests, that is probably a limitation of the DVD player installed in that particular PC, but all DVD players are governed by their software so as Roar says, you may be able to play a different region DVD using free player software like VLC (which is simply fantastic and worth having anyway!)

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.27.2015, 11:31 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, I'll have to look into that. haha I just was switching through three different regions on my computer before and eventually got it stuck on one after it counted down. What is VLC though?

03.27.2015, 12:54 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you can click any of these links to download the player and then install it in your pc. then from the software you can play the file.[easy but not bulletproof]

1.Daum Pot PLayer

https://potplayer.daum.net/

2.vlc player

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

3.The KM player

http://www.kmplayer.com/

the number are according to their quality

if you still cant watch [i know you are, its for historical purpose] it then you can do the following

rip the dvd [ it means convert the dvd into some other format and save it to PC, it is 100% legal if you own a dvd][this is the best way but requires time and a powerful pc]

1.Handbrake

https://handbrake.fr/ [normal but better]

2.MediaCoder

http://www.mediacoderhq.com [very good, easy]

then there is another option that lets you reset the counter of your dvd you need to get the exact model number of your dvd and flash the firmware, that way the region counter will be reset.[ its hmm complicated but fun]

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.27.2015, 01:23 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Hey, even the old lady (of 21) doesn't know what VLC is...lol

03.27.2015, 09:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Hey, even the old lady (of 21) doesn't know what VLC is...lol

it is no surprise these players[ those i mentioned] is actually used by tech savvy people

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

03.28.2015, 08:30 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

VLC is an acronym, it's actual name is videolan player. It's basically a player that was designed for video streaming and, consequently, is able to play almost any type of video or sound files. It's also why region codings don't give it any trouble.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.28.2015, 11:22 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

thank you, Roar, on behalf of myself and FFF.

03.28.2015, 03:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Roar has birthday today.

Happy birthday [ i dont know if its happy news for him though, LOL]

03.28.2015, 11:17 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Happy Birthday, old man...

03.29.2015, 01:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy birthday, Roar!!!

HL: My mom took me out to eat! Free food! I'm a fan of free food. AND it was tasty.

LL: I live in an apartment that is separated from a house by a thin plywood wall. The other side of the house is having a party. I was at it, I got done with it, went home, and now it's STILL HAPPENING. I can't escape.

03.29.2015, 02:52 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Free food is always nice, especially id it tastes great... YAYness...!!!

03.29.2015, 03:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Happy Birthday, Roar!!

Free food is amazing. I've always appreciated it but now I do more than ever. haha Before when my mom bought me food I'd just be like cool, thanks. Now it's like almost crying and thanking her so much.

LL: If I make it through this week with hopefully a job offer then I'll be fine. But there's so much work and stress this week.

I feel bad taking any time to myself and like I should be up before 7am doing work and not sleeping until 2am. It's the only way to get it done, but I've been so tired lately.. Not to mention giving up on the idea of cooking. What is food? What is sleep?

03.29.2015, 01:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HBR!

HL: Relationship I mentioned briefly a while ago is... developing. Not sure still where it will go but it's fun. Makes me realise I haven't done this stuff for simply years.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.30.2015, 04:08 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  574  575  576  577  578  579  580  581  582  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks