QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  573  574  575  576  577  578  579  580  581  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
It has been 7 years since I became a member of the Tavern... Hard to believe so much time has passed...

And a happy St Patrick's Day to you all!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.18.2015, 12:08 AM.

03.18.2015, 12:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I got another job offer!! And next week I have two interviews in one. This one is the one I most want but am nervous for. I don't know if I will get it or not..

Also one of my interviews was postponed to tomorrow. But that one seems more assured.

I feel good about it all. It will be really good for me to do these jobs. I'm always such a nervous and quiet person. The jobs working with exchange students will be very rewarding, but hopefully help me get over my fear of talking in front of people and get me to adapt to leadership roles.

03.18.2015, 10:25 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just putting it here for FFF: walking certainly constitutes as exercising, but when experts talk about walking, they usually mean brisk walking. Also, some thing a lot of people don't know about, is that sitting for long periods can negate all the work you have done. And, I'll bet it's hard to sweat over in Canada.

If you want to tone the abs, try turning your upper body more deliberately at a larger angle. Or just run.

Alternatively, I hear the atkin's diet is somewhat effective since protein doesn't turn to fat.

LL: Two bird droppings. In one day. Well sh-

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.19.2015, 07:02 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I have no choice but to sit around because of studying and whatnot. :/ It'd be nice if I could walk around more. This summer I can though. And actually I'm someone who sweats fairly easily.

03.19.2015, 09:30 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm extremely inactive, especially at university. When I don't have classes I'm just sat at my desk for entire days (or nights more usually). And yet, yesterday I discovered I've lost weight and finally got under 10 stone.

HL: double chocolate hot cross buns. Oh my god. Oh my god.

It's probably a good thing they only make these at Easter time else these would be my diet. Lightly toasted and buttered they're even better. @_@ *drools a little*

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 03.19.2015, 10:41 AM.

03.19.2015, 10:40 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Met the owner of one place for a short interview. She just wanted to meet me and make sure she had my contact info and whether I'd be around this summer in case she plans on hiring someone. So far so good. She has two students leaving because they're graduating. She knows I'll be here at least. I do really hope she'll contact me. >.< Depending on if I get the other job during the school year working with students, I'll be applying to a lot more if I'm staying the summer since I'll be able to stop in.

Just really hoping to get at least part time work for the summer on top of the other position I was offered. I haven't accepted it yet because I'm afraid if I do I can't have the other position I have an interview for this summer. :s I want to ask the woman in charge since I know her but I'm afraid of flubbing up my chances. I have until next Friday to accept the job I was given, which I really really want but am also afraid I won't find work to do with it because the pay is so little. I wish on campus jobs at least gave enough hours to really be minimum wage.. most jobs offer 5 hours, no more than 10 a week, and sometimes fewer than five.

Should I ask her if accepting it will affect my chances if I hypothetically get the other job I've applied for? I'm trying not to get my hopes up over it.

03.19.2015, 05:01 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy birthday FFF

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.22.2015, 03:16 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thank you!!!

Had the best cake I've had in awhile. ^^ My friends made sushi and drank sake while playing music. It was fun. Today though it's snowing and can't do much..

LL: I feel kinda crappy today though..

03.22.2015, 11:15 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, a very happy birthday to you! That cake looked wonderful. P:

My Anime List

03.22.2015, 12:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy Birthday to you, FFF Sushi and sake, eh...

hmm, just what IS the drinking age in Canada???

lol

Gee... all that cake AND exercise, too...

I've heard of cake-walking, an old style of dancing, but this is weird...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.22.2015, 01:54 PM.

03.22.2015, 01:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy Birthday FFF! I saw the photos of your cake, it looked super delicious.

I'm really busy lately but I just wanted to check in!

03.22.2015, 02:34 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cake photos? Where~

Happy birthday FFF *confetti*

03.22.2015, 05:09 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

On Facebook, fen. haha It was chocolate cake with a mocha butter cream frosting~.

Kinda weird knowing I'm 21 now though. o:

03.22.2015, 06:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy birthday 3F!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.22.2015, 08:32 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy birthday, FFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HL: I saw a friend I hadn't seen in awhile today and we ordered pizza.

LL: I had to ride my boyfriend's bike to go see her and it was awful. Slow and rickety. Plus I'm waaaayyyyy out of shape.

03.23.2015, 12:37 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. ^_^

03.23.2015, 02:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Mocha butter?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.23.2015, 07:10 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Mocha butter?

Butter cream. The dense yet soft, melt in your mouth frosting. The only kind of frosting I like. haha It was mocha flavoured.

LL: I need to find a roommate for the fall stat.

EDIT: My big interview is tomorrow and I'm having a semi-freak out session over if it will go alright.

I also applied for a volunteer position as a secretary for a group I'm a part of for next school year. Ahahaha. What am I doing?

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 03.23.2015, 11:10 PM.

03.23.2015, 08:28 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF, I hope your interview went well!

HL: It was super nice out and I looked cute. New shoes! I went for a walk! I petted like three new cats!

LL: I also went to the doctor for the first time in maybe ten years and she was not incredibly nice.

03.26.2015, 01:02 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I hope it wasn't the same doctor from 10 yrs ago... I think you're past the pediatrician stage, lol...

Hope it wasn't too bad...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.26.2015, 04:01 AM.

03.26.2015, 03:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  573  574  575  576  577  578  579  580  581  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks