QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  570  571  572  573  574  575  576  577  578  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah yeah, he's definitely into guys. It's something we've talked about, briefly, and we met at an LGBT event in the first place.

My Anime List

02.26.2015, 10:03 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh wow, that is good news. I'm wishing you every success!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.27.2015, 05:58 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So happy for you...

I always wondered how I would feel about it if one of my own kids went that path and now I think that I have my answer...

Side note:

While at the Veterans Admin yesterday, saw announcements about LGBT there, as I mentioned before, but noticed something else about the signs. It had the phrase: We Serve Those Who Served! Then went on to say something about transgender...

Can't remember it all, but quite interesting that the VA is so supportive.

02.27.2015, 12:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
As most of you know, I am an amateur historian for the area in which I live and last night I saw an offering on eBay of a race track program for July 1927 and a ticker/pass for the same day and another ticker/pass for November. The seller wanted 39.99 for each item and I was able to get them all for $50!!! As the archivist at my local library said, I got a steal... YAY

02.28.2015, 07:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, nice find, Husky!

HL: Spent the entirety of last night on Skype with aforementioned guy. And I mean the entirety. He called me at about half past ten last night and didn't leave until he had to go and babysit his niece at about nine this morning. :')

Found the setlist for the gig Kamijo played in Moscow earlier tonight, so now I know the songs to expect~ He's playing my favourite. <3

My Anime List

02.28.2015, 08:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
HL: Spent the entirety of last night on Skype with aforementioned guy. And I mean the entirety. He called me at about half past ten last night and didn't leave until he had to go and babysit his niece at about nine this morning. :')
Awww... young romance. So sweet

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.28.2015, 09:45 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

i saw you on skype this morning and was going to call you, but figured you might be busy... Boy, was I right... lol

03.01.2015, 03:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Saw a really nice property to rent yesterday. Perfect location, 5 mins drive from where Ayami lives, extremely quiet village, good price, superb decorative order, very quirky (the upstairs 2 floors of a converted stable block). Only downside was it was so small! I am seriously thinking of putting in an application. I'd have to sell a lot of my furniture and probably go Japanese with a futon on the floor, but I'm so tempted.

03.01.2015, 06:21 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh, that place sounds lovely, Saddle. I would go for it! You might be able to save a lot that way, as long as you don't mind the loss of space.

After graduation, I plan on living with only whatever I need in my suitcase, minus essential furniture and cooking wear. My apartment is a really cute place built in the 1940s. It's possibly one of the oldest apartments in town I think. It's cheap as a result but has a lot of charm. The hallways and downstairs are kind of crap looking, but the apartments themselves are very well kept. I'm a rare case because I'll have lived here for three years. Most students move around multiple times, but my place is cheap and I like the size and location.

HL: Shoes. I got a lovely pair of docs that are just shoes! They were on sale and exactly what I wanted for when I finish school. ^^ I love them so much. My boyfriend freaked at the price tag because they were a birthday gift. ^^;; But these will last me forever. lol I just have to take care of them. I love them though.

LL: Feeling down that classes start back up tomorrow. I think I'm mostly nervous about seeing test marks again. I know I'm doing a lot better than I was before, but I'm dreading seeing them. As long as I passed. lol

I feel a bit off too. I wanted to enjoy this week off, but after my boyfriend nearly broke up with me I felt really weird. We're fine, we talked things over and talk more to one another, but I feel like my trust or something has been broken by him. He's back to being loving and supportive and understanding, but I think it was his reason that bothers me so much. It wasn't a reason to really end things with someone he was so serious about before, and I keep questioning if he's actually happy with me. I've asked him and he seems fine. It's nothing, but I feel hurt that he'd try to break up with me over something like that. If he's willing to break up with me over that, then what else would he break up with me over? That just keeps running through my head.

03.01.2015, 05:12 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Here's the apartment. All three of these links are the same place. Outside is nothing to shout about. Amazing views of the village and countryside from the windows though. Place is sooo peaceful, just how I like it. About 1 car every 30 mins goes through the village

Okey Dokey, stuff now removed for privacy!

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.02.2015, 05:47 PM.

03.01.2015, 07:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Is that it on top next to the tower? Hard to determine...

03.02.2015, 01:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Entry is the lower left stable door, apartment is the right half of the top floor, stairs inside at rear of building.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.02.2015, 05:46 PM.

03.02.2015, 02:53 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, OK, so I have to ask... Does the right door lead to the upper left apt???

03.02.2015, 03:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Today's the day. Today's the day I meet Kamijo.

/distant unmanly screeching

My Anime List

03.03.2015, 04:36 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
HL: Today's the day. Today's the day I meet Kamijo.

/distant unmanly screeching

hahaha, go ahead, guy....

Kamijo

runs from the wrath of Kaz...

03.03.2015, 10:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Kamijo:

He's also my avatar.

HL: KAMIJOOO. <333 Ugh, he was so beautiful. The concert was amazing.

LL: I need to rant... London. Train stations. Being frozen to the bone for six hours while waiting for my train home. Like, how hard is it to heat one little waiting room? Also, if you're going to close at 01:30 and open again at 04:30, what the *AHEM* is the point in closing at all? We all got kicked out and told to walk fifteen minutes in the freezing wind to wait at St Pancras instead, which was somehow even more arctic. How on earth homeless people survive the winter, I don't know. I'm just glad I'm young and healthy, I can't imagine being elderly and having to do something like that. Probably be dangerous.

Who thought it was a good idea ever to make seats of out nothing but cold, hard steel? Probably the same person who designed most bus shelters.

Oyster cards. Just... what. Why are London buses so special that they can't just take actual money like everywhere else in the country does...?

Why do concert venues not have indoor queueing areas? All of them should. It took about half an hour just to stop shaking from the cold after we got inside.

I'm so tired. Haven't slept in two days; no chance yesterday and too excited the night before. I can't even go to bed because the staff are coming to inspect the flat some time in the next three hours.

Am also stiff and sore all over.

Okay, I'm done.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 03.04.2015, 11:15 AM.

03.04.2015, 11:15 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Oh, THAT Kamijo... never heard of him (Husky starts running like hell)

I'm glad you had such an enjoyable time, Kaz... Now write to Kamijo's staff to program his next visit in the damn summertime!!!

lol

Glad you had fun...

ps:
I hear that shivering is a great weight loss exercise...

03.04.2015, 12:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Oyster cards. Just... what. Why are London buses so special that they can't just take actual money like everywhere else in the country does...?

SERIOUSLY. I now own an oyster card because it's impossible to do anything there without them. It's fine for trains but it's so ridiculous you can't just pay like a normal human on a bus.

03.04.2015, 04:36 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Entry is the lower left stable door, apartment is the right half of the top floor, stairs inside at rear of building.

i missed saddle

i guess there were pictures i want to see them.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.04.2015, 04:37 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Not to worry Saviour I won't be living there now, the place has been taken.

HL: Saw an even nicer place today; the downstairs half of an 1890 cottage in a nice village near me. Only £10 a month rent more and has about 4x the floor space as well as tons of storage room! And an open fire. I love log fires!

*does log fire squee thing*

I am viewing one more place tomorrow but unless that one is exceptional, I'll put in an application for the Victorian cottage I saw today.

03.04.2015, 05:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  570  571  572  573  574  575  576  577  578  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks