QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  611  612  613  614  615  616  617  618  619  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep... a southern girl... lol

01.28.2016, 05:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saaame, to be honest, Azumanga was one of my first anime.

01.28.2016, 07:05 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL:
Having probs with laptop... received notice that it wouldn't receive any more connections or something (remember me, old guy, lol) so may be on here hit or miss for a bit. unlss my buddy tomorrow can straighten it out. Lost ALL my bookmarks... Which was a disaster for me because of all my historical links and me being a historian... sigh

01.31.2016, 12:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, Husky, sometimes technology sucks

HL: My grandma is spending the week with me while my mom and stepdad are in Mexico, which is great because she likes Ghibli and is just fun to be around

01.31.2016, 01:51 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HHL:
Yay! I found my Contacts and Bookmarks!!! And I did it all on my own

02.01.2016, 02:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

You go, Husky!

LL: My best friend got a boyfriend. I'm incredibly happy for him and all, I think It's a great thing to be open with your sexuality, but for some reason, all his boyfriend does is remind me that I'm all alone.
It's also just kind of creepy, because his boyfriend and I hace the same name.

02.02.2016, 07:05 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Flare, maybe his boyfriend is jealous 'cause he knows you're best friends? Idk how those things work.

02.02.2016, 10:29 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

That is one thing about the Tavern, Flare, we don't discriminate about race, gender, sexuality, or religion because we are all friends... We are all the same, but different... lol

We all speak English (somewhat) and all love Ghibli Studios (absolutely)...

Sorry to hear about your best friend...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.02.2016, 02:21 PM.

02.02.2016, 02:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's a pity, Flare. When you say he reminds you you're alone, do you mean in things that he says, or is it just because he... well, exists?

Eh, being alone isn't so bad anyway. Well, it depends on your personality I suppose. Some enjoy a high level of interaction with others, some less. Personally I enjoy and value my alone time and find it draining to talk and be around other people all the time, even the people I like the most.

HL: got the ball rolling with my passport application. Stressing about it a bit in case there's problems and it gets delayed or something but hopefully it'll all go smoothly once I send it away. I'm not travelling for another six months or so so I should have it in good time... hopefully...

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 02.02.2016, 07:27 PM.

02.02.2016, 07:27 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Kaz, that's great!

Thanks, guys. And it isn't like he did anything wrong, either, it's his right to have a loved one; it just makes me feel bad that I don't have someone, but it isn't his fault.
Whatever. I'm in 8th grade, getting a girlfriend can wait.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 02.03.2016, 07:02 AM.

02.03.2016, 07:00 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@flare

yeah, you're still young. I didn't have my first gf until i was an adult. Relationships at young ages usually aren't serious anyways.

HL: Getting things done... and yay tax returns...

LL: always tired and so much to do this year! >.<

02.03.2016, 09:34 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@Flare...
Only had two girlfriends while in school.
Patsy Truelove... (No, really, that was her name!) in 6th grade...
Susan Spratt in 10th grade... Again, that is really what her name was. We'd go to class ahead of time and talk and make out a little. She wore dresses to school that most women could wear on a date, every day. We had really good talks and the relationship might have gone further if I hadn't moved across the country. By relationship, I am not referring to just sex, I really liked her a lot... I won't lie, as a teenager, that would have been great, but somehow I didn't feel that way with her. She was just a good person to be with. Sometimes I wonder, y'know, what if???
OOps, three gf's
Evangaline (forgotten)... I really think she was under pressure to get married by her parents. She was a couple of years older than me. Met on the bus home one day.

--------------------------------------
haha. about the Truelove name, I know a lady today who manages a chain restaurant and her husband who works in produce at a local grocery whose name is Truelove...
Both good people...
hahaha, I had dinner at the restaurant the other day with a friend and she came over to the register and comp'd our meals!!! I'm standing there with my card out wondering why the cashier isn't taking my card??? lol

Between her and four of the waitresses, I got a lot of hugs that night, lol...

=====================================

@Juso
Try not to think of ALL of the tasks ahead of you at one time. Just try to deal with one or two as they come along and usually IMO they'll be a lot easier to handle. If I have a major problrm, I would think of the worst case scenerio and try to prepare for it to happen. If it did happen that way, I was somewhat prepared for it. If it happened in a lesser way, it was all to the good and I felt ahead of the game, so to speak.

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.03.2016, 02:22 PM.

02.03.2016, 02:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was told to report I'm still alive.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.04.2016, 06:45 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahahaha!

What! you got a GF bossing you around now???

(snicker)

Jus' joking with ya, lol

02.04.2016, 03:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to see you Roar. I was wondering where you'd got to.

02.04.2016, 08:35 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

AHHH My interview is next week!! And also a ton of papers are due.

I have to pay to get a picture done for an interview? ;o; Goodbye, money. Bus ticket is already expensive. Lucky my friend has her interview the same day. Also almost forgot to confirm my interview because I've been particularly devastated by stuff going on on campus this week. =A=; I wound up replying informally.

Feeling a tad overwhelmed.

LL: University cut my program. I am safe but I'm extremely upset over how this was handled and what it means. It's been in the news but I don't want to read the articles due to negativity from the public..

HL: My last language partner of my university career arrives this weekend! Hopefully I can meet her before my interview. She seems really nice and sent me photos of her in kimono.

Also, currently speed writing an essay. Super upset stomach today because of stress and being really upset. It's due in like an hour. Help me.

02.04.2016, 10:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Not much I can do there, FFF, hopefully this catches you when you've finished your speed-writing and that it's a wonderful essay...

Good luck and best wishes with everything...

02.05.2016, 12:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nothing really....which sucks...............I duno wearing sweatpants??

02.05.2016, 09:45 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, husky. I'm really nervous for this interview but everyone has been so super supportive of me and helpful. It's really great. But I worry since everyone tells me I will get in for sure. I don't really feel totally prepared for it or if I even have the time to. ^^; My friend doing the interview feels the same. Hers is an hour before mine.

02.06.2016, 01:18 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Lynnie
Nothing really....which sucks...............I duno wearing sweatpants??

hahaha, I don't know whether 'wearing sweatpants' is considered an LL or an HL???

Shorts or sweatpants and a tee-shirt is what I usually wear around the house, depending on the time of year... You don't have to mess with belts or buttons. You don't have to iron them, just a nice folding after washing them. You can answer the door if someone comes to visit. You can run to the store or McDonald's. And they are comfortable to sleep in...

I'm glad that sweat's and tee's were invented...

02.06.2016, 02:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  611  612  613  614  615  616  617  618  619  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks