QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  414  415  416  417  418  419  420  421  422  ...    »  ]
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just got back from falls festival!!! (music festival, based on southern coast of Tasmania)
The highlights were Metronomy, Arctic Monkeys, The Kooks, Group Love, Pnau and heaps of others that blew my mind!!
The Kooks brought in the new year!!

Happy new year GHIBLETS!!!!!

01.01.2012, 12:43 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
Had a fun time playing high stakes bingo from 7pm to almost 3am... fun, but tedious...

LL:
didn't win anything... almost did a number of times, but no luck for the mutt... lol

Hope everybody had a great New Years festivity and got home safely...

Love ya all,
Husky

01.01.2012, 07:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i won at bingo once.... it was only a few friends messing around so all i got was a bingo dabber.... joy....

HL: Waking up in a new year

LL: Being tired all day despite sleeping for more than 8 hours yawn

Pretty trivial day by all acounts

01.01.2012, 08:57 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
A warm, sunny, relaxing day...
=======================================
Yeah, each regular game had a winner of $1000 (or split amongst multiple winners) There were 75 regular games in all and one game for $5000 (split between two winners) and one game of $10,000 with one winner. We started at 7PM and didn't finish until almost 3AM with a short break at midnight and small gifts handed out. We had a couple of other breaks as well. There was also a raffle drawing of 10 tickets for $500 each... Plus we all had a free buffet (well stocked, i might add) dinner with all sorts of ethnic foods.

I was able to trade seats with someone and was able to sit with a friend of mine so we enjoyed ourselves and anguished over our near misses.. There were quite a few of them, I will admit... darn it, lol... A lady seated next to me won twice. Split one prize and sole winner of another.

It was fun oveall...

Happy New Year all...

01.01.2012, 09:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats some pretty harcore bingo husky

LL: Having to defrost myself after getting stuck outside during horrible wind/rain in shorts and a t-shirt... Only got myself to blame though :/

HL: Realizing how similar this smiley --> is to Shizuku's face after she drinks some ice tea, turns and say's 'Its even cornier than the original version' in Whisper of the Heart

Edit: wrong smiley

Double edit: The smiley doesnt work, im ashamed, but its the, the one at the bottom left of the smiley list

Post last edited by captain george on 01.05.2012, 03:31 PM.

01.03.2012, 01:20 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Recently learned that I got into a Japanese course at the university! It will start in two weeks :D (Maybe I'll finally learn the language properly).

LL: Besides this I'm being a bit cranky because I'm doing a detox... It sucks and I get tired and headaches and have to eat and drink disgusting things >_> (I'm not even allowed to have some cheese with that whine.. lol, sorry) But it's all my own choice so I shouldn't complain :(
27 more days to go...

01.05.2012, 01:27 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

@captain george:

Yeah, it was a special New Years Eve thing...

---------------------------------

@Jelly...
Good luck, man... I know that I am speaking for all of us here when I say that. We all wish you the best. hang in there...

01.05.2012, 01:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Husky
Thanks.. If I don't come back to tavern it's beacause I died T^T

01.05.2012, 01:48 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

[oops, I doubled by accident...]

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.05.2012, 05:55 PM.

01.05.2012, 05:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly
@Husky
Thanks.. If I don't come back to tavern it's beacause I died T^T

Hey, that's my line!!! I'm the 'old guy' around here, lol...

Just hang in there and ride it out, Jelly. Detox doesn't kill many people from what I hear, just makes you feel like it sometimes... You got all of us rooting for you, ok..

I think you've made a good start.....

And don't think of it as 27 more days to go... just think of it as a day at a time or even hour by hour. The shorter time periods make it somewhat easier to handle than a long stretch... You may feel like crap, but try and do something to take your mind off of the pain...

have you thought of taking up ocean swimming? (joking)

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.05.2012, 05:58 PM.

01.05.2012, 05:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Thanks for the support x) But seriously, it's not really that bad... yet. Just complaining a bit.
I keep myself occupied. Another highlight (or maybe lowlight) is that I finished playing "Sequence". It was a good game (although I have one last achievment on Steam that I can't find...)

01.05.2012, 06:46 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was reading on the BBC website the other day that detoxes really... aren't effective at all. What does actual good is being moderate throughout the year. But then, that's the case with all health-related things. Like it's much better to lose weight slowly over a longer period than starve yourself for a few weeks. Doing anything extreme just ends being a short-term fix that might do more harm than good.

My Anime List

01.05.2012, 08:44 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

@Kazegami
Yeah I heard that too. It's just that, normally, I live a pretty healthy life. I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat sweets and stuff. But that was before Christmas, when everything got messed up and I started to eat a lot of sweets... So now while trying to get rid of my addiction to sugar, I'm also doing a detox because I do think it's cleansing some of the poisons in the body. Also it's quite an experience... xD

01.06.2012, 05:59 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
captain george
Ohmu

i saw about 60 Arriety dvds in hmv, right at the front door for the whole world to see Unfortunatly, it cost many moneys and i didnt have much moneys at all

01.06.2012, 11:32 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Trying to work out my university timetable.

Then, having done that, discovering I have to go in for five days in the week, with three classes that start at 9AM. That entails catching a bus 7:50Am, which entails getting up at 6AM. Nobody should be awake at 6AM. Nobody.

I know you're reading this and thinking "spoiled brat". Well... these things are a matter of perspective.

My Anime List

01.07.2012, 04:48 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am so nervous for university. >.<; Especially moving so far away (but it was the closest!). At least I'll have a friend and possibly an apartment. I'd be OK with living on campus, but everyone seems worried something might happen to me if I do and I won't like it. Mostly the drinking. I hate being around anyone who drinks. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Then again, being around males and many girls makes me feel uncomfortable. ._. Apartment seems a better option, but then there's just the question of where..

I don't feel prepared to move out at all, and at minimum, I have seven months left... Enough to make me tear my hair out! At least I won't have to be too worried about loans now.. so happy about that.

HL: I went to see a movie today.

LL: Plans with my boyfriend got canceled. Hopefully I can see him tomorrow or it'll be back to waiting every two weeks to see him.

01.07.2012, 09:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Neck hurts. Feel giddy. No idea why.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.07.2012, 11:29 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Last things first...
Roar, SEE A DOCTOR, NOW!!! Don't mess around, it could be serious, ok...

=========================
@Kaze:
Now this one is not calling you a 'spoiled brat' because I agree with you. However, for almost 14 yrs I had to get up at 4am to open the plant at 5am and I hated it!!! I am just now getting to the point of being able to sleep in to 8 or so if I want to, lol...

Life makes us have to do things that we ordinarily would not...

@FFF:
Hang in there, girl... You can do it!
===============================
topic:
LL:
drove the dragon lady to Palm Desert and spent 3 hrs in a large thrift shop.... AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH! She spent over $250 in small useless items!!! including a golf club. (note: she has over 10 bags of clubs already and I don't know how many loose clubs in a large barrel...

HL:
The rest of the day was good...

Thank goodness that's over with.

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.08.2012, 12:59 AM.

01.08.2012, 12:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Well, i shouldn't be mean or rub it in, but kaz, husky, iv been in bed until at least 2 o clock every day for the past two weeks i get very lazy when theres no school to get up for so i rarely get out of bed before noon during the holidays

LL: Getting sick of the media's recent smear campaign against Liverpool....

HL: Feeling the relief after getting a giant pile of homework done

01.08.2012, 02:16 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's the same with me, George. I've been getting up at about 11AM for the last... month. So this will be a bit of a shock to the system.

My Anime List

01.08.2012, 02:51 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  414  415  416  417  418  419  420  421  422  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks