QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  418  419  420  421  422  423  424  425  426  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
Day os good so far...
LL:
computer connection os messing up from my neighbors wifi and since she just had a knee operation, I don't feel right complaining about it right now. I am at my local library right now and won't be on as frequently as I usually am for a bit. At least until I get this resolved.

LL:
got a stif neck from falling asleep in the recliner while reading... rats...

02.11.2012, 06:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry, I don't speak southern hemisphere...

'Parma' ???

OOPS! I doubled and I didn't mean to... See what happens when you get an old guy away from the 'net' for a couple of days... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.11.2012, 06:53 PM.

02.11.2012, 06:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only Parma I know is in Italy. Where Parma ham comes from.

LL: Out of my mind with boredom at work today. Ugh. Back again tomorrow. Or later today rather, since it's after midnight now. And I'm really hungry. Better go to bed.

My Anime List

02.11.2012, 08:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Parmagiama is a big breast of crumbed chicken topped with; ham, cheese and a tomatoe sause like a mild salsa
served with chips! on the side.

HL: getting ready to move, all this talk of parma's is making me a bit peckished. might pop down to a takeaways and grab an extremely nourishing guilt free BURGER!!!

02.11.2012, 09:46 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Parma received the highest ever transfer for a goalkeeper in 2001 when Gianluigi Buffon moved to Juventus for 32.6 million pounds.

Just felt like i should be contributing

02.11.2012, 10:08 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Getting steadily excited about this graduation ceremony thing. I don't know exactly what it is. But I'm excited to wear a kimono. It's starting to seem so much more fun than wearing an expensive ball gown. Plus I get to dress it up however I like~.

Kind of wishing I had bought a fukuro obi, but I like my pretied bow one a lot. I just don't know how to wear the kimono slip I bought. :B It's handmade, I can tell. Also wish I had taller geta, but I don't want to be taller than my boyfriend also. The hair is the fun but most difficult part, and I'm looking into easy makeup styles that me or one of my friends can do. My hair dresser might do my hair if we can settle on a style I like. Grr shoulder length hair.. grow longer!!

I haven't found much on how to dress up my obi though. I know what to name every other part but the stuff you can add to the obi. I also can't afford a plethora of mini series belts, as I call them. XD

One of my classmates really likes it, but not many of them know kimono. But that makes it cool because then I can show them one and talk about it.

02.12.2012, 11:58 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I CAN JOIN NINJA WARRIOR!!!!!

http://www.sasukemalaysia.com/

Not my home country, but there's nothing saying foreigners aren't allowed. So I'm ditching my stamina training for power training as of this week.

Oh and I need ideas for a cool video so I get accepted XD

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.12.2012, 10:35 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ roar
really ninja warrior!! ha ha thats epic
in your video meditate by a waterfall, eat a full tin of baked beans(cold) and then start doing press ups!!!
finish with some kind of flourish/flip

02.13.2012, 04:03 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Yay... My stiffness/pain is managable enough to go to the library to go online... hence, my presence...

02.13.2012, 07:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it true in the Disney dub of Arrietty they don't use the original OST? Aw and that was one of the things I was most excited about..

HL: Well, will likely be seeing Arrietty in theatres with my boyfriend. Kinda wish though it sounded like the UK version. o.O My Korean friend watched it online and really liked it.

02.15.2012, 05:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Is it true in the Disney dub of Arrietty they don't use the original OST? Aw and that was one of the things I was most excited about..

That would be funny, considering how the songs are in English anyhow

LL: The weather. First it rains, then it's streaking hot. I mean being in Singapore ought to have me used to the humidity, but it's starting to get uncomfortable.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.17.2012, 02:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Winning two of the three games of Bowling played with friends plus a game of pool and then a walk along the seafront up the town centre to nosh on the ultimate food produced at Nandos.

Haven't been out with friends for ages because of school work... made a nice change and it felt good to get out and do something fun and have a laugh.

I will hopefully be repeating this during the easter holiday!!

02.17.2012, 03:23 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I discovered a few days ago that i have tinea cruris (jock itch) on the tops of both my legs near my genitals.

HL: despite the above. I am generally ok.

02.17.2012, 03:47 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Believe it or not but I managed to break the key to the cash register at my job... OTL
My boss wasn't happy with me..

02.17.2012, 07:14 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

That would be funny, considering how the songs are in English anyhow

Well, I'll get to check that out tomorrow then and report back my findings if they changed it. :B That's what I found weird too.

Ah, nice weather pattern there. XD Reminds me when it comes time to visit my boyfriend's country, I'll have to experience something similar. Yay.

HL: Realizing today that one of my life goals is truly to adopt a child from another country. I could in my own, but I don't think there are orphanages where I've grown up (most who have been adopted already had arranged parents beforehand and I'd like a slightly older child). I know it's expensive. But I'm sure there's a way to someday. I'll look into it. I'm too young now to ever consider it for a long time, but it's nice to be informed of everything I'll need to know. That's how I am.

I think it's funny how I want to spend most of my life with children. haha Never saw that coming.

02.17.2012, 08:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
LL: I discovered a few days ago that i have tinea cruris (jock itch) on the tops of both my legs near my genitals.

HL: despite the above. I am generally ok.

There is a brand name here in the States called "LAMISIL" that works great on that problem... Hope they have it there... Good Luck

HL:
I'm back online again. Signed up with cable TV/Internet...

02.17.2012, 09:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: yaay no school monday!

LL: Heartbroken : (
*sigh*

02.18.2012, 05:51 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jusomekid
HL: yaay no school monday!

LL: Heartbroken : (
*sigh*

Its great to see someone so disapointed about not having school

On a serious note, i hope your ok

02.18.2012, 11:20 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: A few railfans and I hung out at Fullerton. Andross51 and XtremePadreFan were a couple of them. Really nice folks!

LL: I think my camcorder's falling apart...

02.19.2012, 01:05 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Saw Arrietty yesterday. I think my boyfriend was bored and his phone went off during the movie. XD They did use the original music except for the last song in the film... o.e That girl's voice.. I like her, but I cannot stand her singing.. it's.. awful. (the girl who plays on a TV show from Disney)

One of the little kids yelled at the beginning, "Hey, mommy, it's Totoro!! Yay Totoro!". XD He wasn't the only little kid yelling it either. Interesting. It seems quite a few parents around me watch Ghibli films with their kids. Two couples at the movie also were eating at the same restaurant as us.

LL: Stuff happened that caused my boyfriend to kind of ignore me. It made me cry and he didn't notice for awhile until we went into the mall. Everything got better after. He was upset since he had to choose between going out with me or going swimming the next day. Not that he wouldn't choose me.. he just wanted to go swimming. Anyhow, his mom permitted him to go with them now, but I can't go because his sister invited mine and another friend so there's no room.

Sigh, I wish I could go... I'd like to. Now he doesn't even want to go.

02.19.2012, 11:57 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  418  419  420  421  422  423  424  425  426  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks