QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  547  548  549  550  551  552  553  554  555  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I might be down for something like that at some point if it can be arranged. And if anybody wants to add me on Skype, just ask. I think anyone who has my old email address can also find me that way, since I still use the same one.

08.09.2014, 08:00 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
You can't do group video chat in Skype unless you have the paid version I think what Saddles was suggesting was sync watching a movie, which is quite fun. Never tried it with more than one other person though. It would be interesting to see how well it works.

HL: weekend trip~

Ohhhh I didn't know you had to pay for that. D: I think most of my friends have the paid version because they wanted to do a three-way call but... waa now I'm sad I can't do that. lol

No no, you can do group voice chat for free, just not group video chat.

08.09.2014, 08:55 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
quote:
You can't do group video chat in Skype unless you have the paid version I think what Saddles was suggesting was sync watching a movie, which is quite fun. Never tried it with more than one other person though. It would be interesting to see how well it works.

HL: weekend trip~

Ohhhh I didn't know you had to pay for that. D: I think most of my friends have the paid version because they wanted to do a three-way call but... waa now I'm sad I can't do that. lol

No no, you can do group voice chat for free, just not group video chat.

Ohhh, okay. Good, I'm supposed to do a three way Canada-America-Japan with my friends sometime.

HL: Essays done~.

LL: I'm going to kill my laptop.

08.10.2014, 10:43 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hl: Home, home, home! I love the cozy home.
Ll: School starts in maybe two weeks. Well, at least it's an education.

08.10.2014, 02:52 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh my god, I start school in about three weeks too. Oh god.

Wait, I'm still taking classes right now and have exams on a Saturday on a holiday weekend. Fun.

HL: Looking up different careers I'd be interested in and the types of diploma programs I should take.

08.10.2014, 08:03 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: It's my Birthday. I had dinner booked for myself and 6 friends. I gave my work notice last Wednesday, while also looking for someone to cover my shift myself. Today I still haven't found anyone, and neither had they. Though I get the feeling they haven't actually tried. So basically they are forcing me to come in, I have had to cancel my plans, and they're also being assholes about it.

I'll post a highlight when I get one

08.10.2014, 11:12 PM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that, Hata Failed plans are the worst. And on your birthday. I hope you figure something out and salvage it. If not, you're just going to have to have a two day birthday.

Week long even!

HL: Awesome weekend in the mountains. So banged up by rapids and hiking. Going to sleep like a baby~

08.11.2014, 12:56 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Tuition kid was 17. Much ease in teaching.

LL: Other tuition kid was 11 and hyperactive and hateful of studies. Much pain in teaching.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.11.2014, 05:24 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: I bought various things for myself and it was fun! I didn't get everything I wanted, but I'm not made of money

Lowlight: the reason I was on such a shopping spree is because today was my last full day in Japan...

08.11.2014, 09:49 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cherish your memories, arren... they are priceless...

HL:
For some reason, after an hour, my computer started working long enough to come in... YAY!

@Hata, sorry to hear that...

Happy Birthday, anyway...

08.11.2014, 04:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Major, major Lowlight:

Desolate at the news of Robin Williams' apparent suicide. His films meant a great deal to me as a child and continued to do so as a I grew into an adult. He was a beautiful, generous man who made millions of people happy. I've never felt so affected by a celebrity death before, something about this feels a lot more personal. Like the loss of a beloved family friend. Memories of watching Jumanji or Hook with my big brothers and sisters, or tearing up the first time I watched Good Will Hunting, are dear to me.

Nobody should have to die the way he did. I'm honestly heartbroken.

RIP.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 08.11.2014, 08:14 PM.

08.11.2014, 08:13 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry, genie. You will be missed.
Ll: I went to cross-country practice yesterday, and afterwards I started throwing up. And it isn't just water, appearently, I'm sick just three days before school.

Hl: which means I get to stay home, in bed, doing nothing and eating Popsicles. Ah, this is the life! I haven't been sick in over a year.

08.12.2014, 04:10 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I agree. I think it can be said that some comedians are so brilliant with their humour because their demons are so dark.

HL: Not sure there is one. I have cake but cake doesn't seem to cut it this afternoon.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.12.2014, 09:58 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

His death really affected me and my sister. My sister was crying all night.

LL: Speaking of which, I tried bringing up my own possible mental illness with my parent, and they told me that I didn't have anything happen to me to cause it and I just need to grow up..

08.12.2014, 04:59 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

RIP, Robin Williams AKA Mork from Ork, et al ad infinitum...

You are and will be missed..

08.12.2014, 05:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF, if its a genuine concern to you, you should speak to a professional. My mother, if she were alive, would no doubt say the same thing, but I am quite certain that the way my parents treated me in my early childhood has largely made me the person I am. I have memories of things from as early as 4 and 5 years old that reflected later in me as a teenager and an adult.

They would have said I had a happy childhood - quite normal. But a person does not need abnormal or unpleasant things to happen to them that makes them like they are.

In any event, some issues are caused not 'bad' things or influences, so you should take your worries to a professional. Just because they are your parents does not mean they know and understand you.

HL: Watched "Good Morning Vietnam". Brilliant. I laughed so much.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.12.2014, 07:17 PM.

08.12.2014, 07:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, I know. I just don't happen to live near any professionals (and the ones around here only come once a month). But then I was told I'd always had anxiety... since I was little.

Well, thanks for telling me now. lol So now I'm confused.

HL: I'm getting schoolwork done and it's killing my brain.

I'm going to kill my laptop.

08.12.2014, 10:38 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: So this light novel series seem to like to reference tons of anime titles, with quite a few from Ghibli. It's like watching Nourin all over again

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.12.2014, 10:45 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

I've seen "Good Morning, Vietnam", three or more times and having been over there, I can relate to this a bit. I remember hearing the GI radio broadcasts...

Nothing like Williams portrayal, tho. It was based on a true story, but I missed it in RL.

Movie was hilarious... And I loved Louis Armstrong's tune about a "Wonderful World". It fit right in, y'know...

==================================

LL:
getting out of my van at the Sizzler restaurant, I ripped the back of my hand from the spike-laden branches of a dead tree next to my van. Blood flowed.... sigh

HL:
Went in to restaurant and got cleaning stuff for hand and bandaged it up. Got a free meal...

08.12.2014, 11:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Hey I have a restaurant HL too! Such amazing, wholesome food

http://imgur.com/a/epwFc#3

And the lettuce and herbs and stuff are from that garden you can see in the background.

08.13.2014, 02:55 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  547  548  549  550  551  552  553  554  555  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks