QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^

Ahhh, I love the Swan Princess! That song at the beginning when they are growing up is embarassingly cute. Thumbelina still reigns champion over all of those types though I think, my love for Cornelius trumps pretty much any Disney prince.

11.28.2010, 08:24 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh, don't tempt me. I love Thumbelina. ^^

A Disney prince with some substance is always welcome...maybe it's because none of them ever get airtime - they all seem really shallow and bland.

It's why I like Beauty and the Beast so much. The Beast! I still wish he hadn't been changed back, though. And Belle, she's so sweet and awesome.

11.28.2010, 08:29 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So agreed! Beauty and the Beast was always my favourite I liked that Belle wasn't the usual Disney-sap - she was intelligent and courageous, a nice change I must say. Plus the Beast was adorable. I always loved that scene where she's trying to teach him to eat porridge? And they have a snowball fight? Ahh, lovely.

11.28.2010, 10:43 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OMG, fen!!!
That was 10 full movies and part of an 11th...

WOW! I think I'd go nuts if I tried to sit thru that many at once, lol

But, hey, you enjoy Girl... lol

11.28.2010, 01:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, at last! It was really good apart from a few niggles (but that's pretty much inevitable), though I agree with the people who say it felt like the first half of something.

11.28.2010, 06:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, at last! It was really good apart from a few niggles (but that's pretty much inevitable), though I agree with the people who say it felt like the first half of something.

was that niggles or muggles??? lol

11.28.2010, 07:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
OMG, fen!!!
That was 10 full movies and part of an 11th...

WOW! I think I'd go nuts if I tried to sit thru that many at once, lol

But, hey, you enjoy Girl... lol

Uh yeah. It was not intentional. At all. And I won't let it happen again. xP

Although, we already sort of planned a science fiction marathon for once we get out of classes.

11.28.2010, 08:58 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Saw 'Tangled' today and it was awesome, IMO... Good artwork, pretty good storyline, and fun and sad at times... all in all, I enjoyed it, as did the audience of adults and children...

11.30.2010, 12:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This was a couple days ago... but I went and saw HP7 Part One.
I thought it was pretty good. The one scene with the animated story was pretty cool, I think. Harry and Ron need to shave though, lol. All in all the movie seemed kind of anti-climatic. I guess that's what happens when you cut a story in half though.

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 11.30.2010, 12:41 AM.

11.30.2010, 12:38 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
^^^

Ahhh, I love the Swan Princess! That song at the beginning when they are growing up is embarassingly cute. Thumbelina still reigns champion over all of those types though I think, my love for Cornelius trumps pretty much any Disney prince.

Brilliant movies, we own all three of them on VHS But the first one stays the best. I used to watch it like every month when I was little and still love it. The song is indeed so very cute, love it. I always sang along with it, wonderful

Yesterday watched 'Komt een vrouw bij de dokter' (for the English-speaking people here, you could translate it as; there is coming a woman to the doctor). It's about the relationship between a constantly cheating man and his wife who gets cancer. The acting was very well, but the dialogues were shallow and I think they tried to create sympathicy for the man, but I cannot have sympathicy for a man who is having sex with a woman while his wife is going to die and feeling sick all day long.
So that was the weakest point of this movie. It also didn't contain enough humour which makes it a kind of depressing movie and I can only watch it when Im in the mood for those stories. Though it is realistic and the acting was fantastic, I respect this movie made in my own country

11.30.2010, 01:59 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been watching a lot of series since there's not much to do at school lately.

Currently watching the old BBC Series of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
It is outdated and the special effects are hilarious because they look so fake, but then again..it's over 20 years old and it is still well made and fun to watch now.
I only think Sophie Wilcox is too annoying, she is overacting..

12.02.2010, 12:43 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I watched Taken (seen it before, but I love it) and Toy Story 3 (for the first time) last night.

Oh my god Toy Story desolated me. Desolated me. After it ended I just sat there between my mum and friend crying my eyes out, with proper heaving sobs and a running nose and everything. I couldn't stop! Even writing this is making me well up. I've never cried like that to a film before, ever. I think it's because I really grew up with the Toy Story films, I even had Woody and Buzz Lightyear dolls and everything - so this, crikey, this was hard for me.

Phew. Such a good film though!

12.04.2010, 04:10 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw "About a Boy." It was hilarious and extremely clever, especially considering the fact that it was a romantic comedy. I thought it was good. (:

12.04.2010, 07:54 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
I saw "About a Boy." It was hilarious and extremely clever, especially considering the fact that it was a romantic comedy. I thought it was good. (:

I love About a Boy! It's such a charming movie. ^^

I have seen no movies since my binge.

12.04.2010, 09:13 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

NC:
When I saw Toy Story 3 a short while ago, I had tears rolling down my cheeks so I know how you must have felt... Yes, a good movie...

Saw "Densha Otoko" today and it was pretty good... I especially liked the one scene in the train station about half-way thru the movie... A good scene... moving...

AND I loved the last scenes of the film, more or less... lol funny!!!!!

12.05.2010, 07:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
laazd,
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.27.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by laazd, Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

whisper of the heart , i felt it was time to watch that movie again... definitely one of my favorites <3

12.06.2010, 10:44 PM laazd, is offline   Profile for laazd, Add laazd, to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

-Narnia: Prince Caspian (Old BBC series) part 1 & 2
-Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Old BBC series) part 1 & 2

After watching this I am curious to see the latest version of VOTDT. I like the story so far I've seen it from the BBC version of the 80's.

-Six Wives of Henry VIII (also BBC series of 1970), part 1 & 2: Catherine and Anne

and the Tudors episode 6 of season 4

12.09.2010, 12:35 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Also watched the third part of Narnia Last part to go and then to the cinema to watch the new movie

12.10.2010, 12:41 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Legend Of The Guardians. It was all right.

12.10.2010, 01:00 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

71 Into the Fire
Korean war drama movie... it is one of the best ones i've seen.

12.12.2010, 02:10 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
[  «    ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks