QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...    »  ]
BlueRain
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.25.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BlueRain Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought Millions was a really good film when I watched it, but then again I was about 9 at the time and I suppose I haven't got anything to compare it to as I haven't seen any other films by the director. It was very similar to the book and I thought the boy in it was exactly how I'd imagined he'd look like.
I saw an Education a little while back with my parents. For some reason I didn't expect it to be very good. But I loved it. I'd reccomend it to anyone. Now the guy in it freaks my out a bit :/, Carey Mulligan is a really good actress though, I think thats where her career really started.
Today I watched Blades of Glory. It was very stupid but I have to admit quite funny. It reminded me of Zoolander in some ways but there wasn't as much of a storyline.

Check out my drawings/blog
http://artapparently.blogspot.com/

08.30.2010, 02:52 PM BlueRain is offline   Profile for BlueRain Add BlueRain to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally watched Black Hawk Down. I'm a total sucker for war movies and I really liked this one.

Made me want to watch Saving Private Ryan, so I did that too.

Watched Salt a little while ago...I thought it was okay. Not as bad as I'd thought it would be.

08.31.2010, 08:25 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BlueRain
I thought Millions was a really good film when I watched it, but then again I was about 9 at the time and I suppose I haven't got anything to compare it to as I haven't seen any other films by the director. It was very similar to the book and I thought the boy in it was exactly how I'd imagined he'd look like.

You should try to see some of his other films. Great director IMO.

08.31.2010, 09:00 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

What a great, fantasy movie! I totally loved everything out of it And they succeeded in making an ode to Heath Ledger. Johnny Depp is the best actor to replace him I think, but all acting was wonderful!

09.01.2010, 09:21 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
BlueRain
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.25.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BlueRain Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

* Johnny Depp is the best actor.
Lol

09.01.2010, 12:55 PM BlueRain is offline   Profile for BlueRain Add BlueRain to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Kemi - I didn't like that film at all! It just... made little sense to me, the plot was... so confusing, weird, kind of all over the place. Meh. :\

My Anime List

09.01.2010, 01:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kemi

What a great, fantasy movie! I totally loved everything out of it And they succeeded in making an ode to Heath Ledger. Johnny Depp is the best actor to replace him I think, but all acting was wonderful!

I loved it as well, except for the very ending.

09.01.2010, 02:18 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Rebel Without a Cause" with James Dean a 1955 classic

hashaha, I remember seeing in the drive-in way back then although at the time I wasn't really interested in that type of film... after all, I was only about 9 at the time.

09.01.2010, 11:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

King Kong (2005)

Cool movie but too stretched out in my opinion, it was over 3,5 hours and the fights against the giant insects and dinosaurs were too much. But it was a nice movie to see once, though I prefer the one of 1976, which indeed looked more fake due to technic lacks, but still liked the movie in general more.

And jack black in a serious role? No way XD

@Kazegami: The weird, crazy plot worked on me actually

Post last edited by Kemi on 09.02.2010, 07:45 AM.

09.02.2010, 07:45 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

personally, I liked the 1933 original veersion of "King Kong". Kinda hokey by todays standards, but still the best IMHO...

09.02.2010, 08:16 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

@ Husky 51: I don't think I have seen that one, but I can believe it is the best one. Most of the times I prefer the originals.

09.02.2010, 10:09 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Inception.

In one word: AMAZING!!
I was stunned, one of the best movies I've seen..

09.04.2010, 07:26 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kemi

I liked that movie. :3 Sure, it was weird (really weird) but it made us think a lot. XD And I wanted to own it but I don't know if they've released it on DVD. Q-Q

I like strange movies. Besides that, there is nothing more strange than the Japanese movie "Soundtrack". Actually, I don't think anything can get "sketchier" than Japanese movies made with musicians...

Those are the most fun. And weird.

09.04.2010, 08:27 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Kemi
Ah, Parnassus was fantastic!!! Although the ending was lame. D:

I watched Stranger than Fiction again last night. Ahhhh that movie is great.

09.04.2010, 08:39 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Seems like there are many Parnassus fans out there! That's great But I agree, the ending wasn't the best but then again not that worse as the ending of 'Remember Me'..

And yeah it's already released on DVD in Holland at least, so I believe in the rest of the world as well.
Yay I want to own it as well

09.05.2010, 03:56 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I managed to catch it in theatres the day before it was going to end, so I feel fortunate enough (I wanted to watch it for a long time before then).

I'm hoping they make that Poe movie. o.o It would be interesting but I have no idea how they'll execute it or who is behind it. Or even if it's set for like... a NA date or a UK date. And why am I suddenly so engrossed in British films and musicians? XD My teachers say I seem very European, at least fashion wise.

I dunno.

Anyhow, I wonder what movie to watch next. Might rewatch The Crow with my friend tomorrow. :3 She would probably really love it.

09.05.2010, 08:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Duchess. Pretty much the most upsetting movie I have seen in awhile. Aggghhhhh urggggghhhh. D:

09.06.2010, 03:17 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kick-Ass. I felt it lived up to its title.

09.12.2010, 06:55 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!

So awesome. The remake has nothing on it.

09.18.2010, 12:49 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

@Fenkashi: I actually like both very much.

Just watched Pathfinder. Beautiful costumes and landscapes. I am very interested in the history of the Norse cultures and Vikings in particular. But this movie was somehow TOO bloody, there wasn't a real storyline it it. The only plot it has in a way, was too cliche.

The movie portrays the Vikings as heartless, very bad monsters only looking for as many blood as possible. I know they wanted to own the world and killed many people in battles, but this was too unbelievable, not realistic.

I missed a touchy story They could have make more out of the heavy emotions the main character has because of the war between his biological family (the Vikings from up north) and his emotional family who raised him (the Indians in America)
This is, together with the fascinating stories of the Vikings and it's time in history, a interesting fact..

Well, it wasn't what I expected from it unfortunately, but because of the STUNNING scenes and great looking Vikings it was okay

Post last edited by Kemi on 09.22.2010, 01:19 PM.

09.22.2010, 01:17 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks