QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...    »  ]
Rossdude
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.13.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Porco Rosso last night. Beautiful.

03.10.2011, 05:43 PM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't watched anything for a while, probably going to watch saxondale or the mighty boosh.

03.11.2011, 07:23 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

- The Swan Princess II and III, yesterday and today
- Elizabeth R, episode 4 "Horrible Conspiracies"
- The Other Boleyn Girl (2008 )

And a few episodes of The Tudors and also 'Wie is de Mol' (which is a Dutch game on the tv, it's very exhiting. One man or woman in the group is the 'mole' and is trying to let all the exercises of the group fail, so that the group doesn't get money. Each week one is going home and eventually, we and them, have to guess who secretly is the 'mole', but he is sly, clever and above all, VERY inconspicuous. It's always exhiting, they are sooo secret )

Post last edited by Kemi on 03.11.2011, 11:55 AM.

03.11.2011, 11:54 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

With my family I've watched a bit of 'Kingdom of Heaven', it was on the tv. But since I have already seen it at least once I wasn't into seeing it again the whole time, it's such a long movie, it is beautifully made but the story is a bit weak I think. Well, it was fun for an hour or so

03.13.2011, 12:14 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

The Pillars of the Earth, episode 1...beautiful series, but I never realized since it showed after the Tudors, and 3 hours of concentrating tv-watching is too much for me

03.15.2011, 04:28 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For those of you talking about Tales From Earthsea, I saw it for the first time yesterday. As an average movie it is decent entertainment, but could never approach the quality of the other Ghibli films. I wouldn't call it a bad movie (a bad adaption, maybe) but it doesn't rise above the standard to become a GREAT movie like we're used to.

P.S. Kemi, I love that signature quote xD

Post last edited by Takuto on 03.15.2011, 06:23 PM.

03.15.2011, 06:22 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sword of the Stranger...........

A bit (lol) more gory than I usually watch...

03.16.2011, 12:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Takuto
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm watching Kiki's Delivery Service right now, not in very good quality (I still need to buy the DVD...), but I find that when I start the days with these movies the rest of the day goes better because I have something to think about.

03.16.2011, 04:27 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"The Whale Rider"

I had seen parts of this before, but never in it entirety. The acting itself, IMO, was very stilted

BUT

even so, it was a very good story and yes, I cried, oh did I cry... But I did enjoy it...

03.17.2011, 01:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tangled. It was very good IMO.

03.20.2011, 06:48 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

^Ooh, I loved Tangled! Was it your first time seeing it?

03.20.2011, 09:29 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kmovie - Cyrano Agency

03.23.2011, 01:02 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

I saw Porco Rosso for the first time today with my brother. That has got to be one of my favorites. The characterization, silent moments and action are just perfect.

03.23.2011, 04:08 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Laputa! I tried watching it once but ended up being distracted. I'd thought that since I could get distracted, maybe it just wasn't to my taste, but I was completely wrong about that. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I can say it's already one of my favourite Ghibli films.

03.26.2011, 05:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Billy Elliot for the first time yesterday and really liked it.

And earlier tonight I saw Shrek 4, which was... meh. It wasn't good. I didn't find it funny. ._.

My Anime List

03.26.2011, 08:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shrek stopped being funny after the first one. Maybe the second one tops.

I watched Limitless. It was okay, dragged a little but meh. Not something I'd watch again but a fun time.

I can't wait till May when all the cool stuff starts coming out!

03.26.2011, 08:49 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally got around to watching Queen of the Damned. I thought Stuart Townsend and Aaliyah both gave great performances there... It wasn't as entertaining a film as Interview with the Vampire, but I guess it was sexier. Though, jeez, same complaint as with the first film... I wish they just stick to the books as far as the appearance of the characters go. B| Lestat has bright blue eyes, not dark brown. Marius was a platinum blonde, not friggin' black. Rrr. But yeah, I enjoyed it. They did Akasha's look brilliantly, I'll give them that.

My Anime List

03.27.2011, 11:54 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Takuto
^Ooh, I loved Tangled! Was it your first time seeing it?

Yeah it was my first time seeing it. But I already look forward seeing it on blu-ray.

Just finished Chocolate. I enjoyed it. Not the greatest story but good enough and great fight scenes.

03.28.2011, 07:37 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just watched The Green Butchers, a very morbid Danish comedy-drama. I thought it was pretty good!

03.29.2011, 09:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jusomekid
Kmovie - Cyrano Agency

Is Cyrano Agency good? I've been meaning to watch it~

I watched The Big Lebowski the other day, that was super fun. Jeff Bridges is the best.

03.29.2011, 01:01 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks