QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chatroom. I don't recommend it I'm afraid...It had a really good premise but the whole thing just felt a bit dodgy and heavy handed.

12.28.2010, 05:15 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Flight of the Phoenix today, overall not a great movie, but it had its moments.

12.30.2010, 03:25 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rapunzel which was hilarious, beautifully animated and fun to watch Disney made a good story out of such a small fairytale.

Also watched Elizabeth the Golden Age, which I thought was far better than the first Elizabeth movie. I liked the ending, very epic.

12.30.2010, 06:07 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Last Exorcism. All right low budget horror.

12.30.2010, 03:13 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Town, directed by Ben Affleck. It was really surprisingly good! A very gritty look at inner-city crime in the US, and the acting was excellent.

01.02.2011, 03:37 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally watched the Ghost Writer...apparently everyone else has seen it. But it made me very upset.

SPOILER (sort of):

Things should go right in the movies, at least for this protagonist.

01.02.2011, 01:46 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yesterday I've watched the Blue Lagoon and also the sequel Return to the Blue Lagoon, because we were bored and I never saw it. xD It was a very bad movie, especially the sequel which is more like a remake of the first one. I laughed because it was so silly, but anyways...I saw it ;-)

Today watched Toy Story 3, loved it. Totorooo <3
The story hides something more important than talking toys; to leave your childhood behind you, treasure your memories and pass it on to another child. To grow up and about courage, I think it is a magnificent movie with excellent storyline and lovely characters and jokes.
I even cried when Andy gave his toys to the little girl Bonnie *blush, don't tell anyone, I am 22 years old! *

Lovely..

01.02.2011, 01:55 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Finally finished the BBC Narnia series completely! Today I've watched the last part of 'The Silver Chair', although it's outdated, bad acted now and then and a children's story I must say I liked it Nothing special and it's nothing compared to the bombastic Disney and Walden Media versions, but still it was cute and fun to watch somehow

01.04.2011, 12:03 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kemi
Yesterday I've watched the Blue Lagoon and also the sequel Return to the Blue Lagoon, because we were bored and I never saw it. xD It was a very bad movie, especially the sequel which is more like a remake of the first one. I laughed because it was so silly, but anyways...I saw it ;-)

The story hides something more important than talking toys; to leave your childhood behind you, treasure your memories and pass it on to another child. To grow up and about courage, I think it is a magnificent movie with excellent storyline and lovely characters and jokes.
I even cried when Andy gave his toys to the little girl Bonnie *blush, don't tell anyone, I am 22 years old! *

Lovely..

I'm 64 and male and I cried...

============================
bought "Origins, Spirits of the Past" on eBay and watched it last night. As soon as it started, I realized that I had seen it before. And yes, I saw a bit of 'Laputa' and 'Nausicaa' in it... To me at least...
still, it was pretty good...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.04.2011, 11:58 PM.

01.04.2011, 11:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:
Originally posted by Kemi

Lovely..

I'm 64 and male and I cried...

============================
bought "Origins, Spirits of the Past" on eBay and watched it last night. As soon as it started, I realized that I had seen it before. And yes, I saw a bit of 'Laputa' and 'Nausicaa' in it... To me at least...
still, it was pretty good...

Really? Wow. Thanks for telling me, that means it's not stupid of me and that I am not the only one who was very touched by this movie.

Today watched Lady Jane (as for being interested in Tudor history ) I liked it very much, it's such a movie that sticks to your head. Quite historically accurate, beautiful locations and costumes, dramatical story of the Queen of only 9 Days Jane Grey, who was played by a VERY young and very talented Helena Bonham Carter. Her facial expressions are just as astonishing as amazing

Post last edited by Kemi on 01.05.2011, 05:25 PM.

01.05.2011, 05:24 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Went to the coffee shop here in town and listened to a friend of mine play violin, mostly folk and Celtic, with a small combo.

After that I went to the theater next door and saw "Tron: Legacy"... I liked the graphics even if, IMO, the storyline was a bit thin...

01.09.2011, 01:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Freedom Writers ... I loved it, just the fact that it was based off a true story. ^^ The ending was a little blah though.

01.10.2011, 05:38 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Uhm, let's see;

I've watched the BBC version of the Other Boleyn Girl which was fun to watch although it's mostly fictional. I liked the costumes and the way they talk to the camera like it is their diary. The camera filming was quite bad unfortunately, the filming quality was bad.
Also watched the miniseries of Henry VIII (2003), a good view of his turbulent life. beautiful scenes, costumes, locations. Good acting, only a bit rushed.

and today: Howl's Moving Castle again I love the magic of this amazing story. My little sister loved it too, I wish I could have grown up with Ghibli, lucky her

01.10.2011, 02:28 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Spy Game ^^ So underrated. And the title does not help that case. But still, really good.

And 11:14...now that's a dark comedy. I was very shocked and then I was shocked at myself for laughing and then I realized I couldn't stop. Pretty well done.

01.11.2011, 01:42 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Only Yesterday for the first time.
I liked it but found myself wanting to see more of Taeko's childhood rather than her present self. Anyway it was long, but a good movie

01.11.2011, 06:01 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kiss me,Kill me, korean movie.. it was horrible.

01.13.2011, 11:50 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Not finished yet, but currently watching Metropolis in parts. My friend recommended this anime classic The start was a bit slow, but now when the robot and the boy, Kenichi, are getting friends I like it

01.14.2011, 09:29 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

I watched 2:37 today. Such a twisted and tragic movie...really drawn out at certain points but the ending. Gah. I just sat there, thinking, really?! It's got a pretty strong message.

01.15.2011, 06:23 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Saw two movies tonight...

"True Grit" ... Lot of action and some funny parts, audience was really into the movie.... Loved it myself!...

"Green Hornet" ... Lots of action, lot of dopey stuff IMO... It was OK...
Had to speak to a couple of young people who insisted on using their cellphones while the movie was playing... Didn't want to, but the light was distracting from the movie...
====================================
When I first saw "Corpse Bride", it was shortly after it came out and I had seen "Nightmare Before Christmas" and felt is was kinda lame and a total ripoff of "Nightmare...".

Saw it again tonight and felt a bit different about it. Yes, there are the similarities between the main female characters of the two movies, but I enjoyed it more this time around....

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.17.2011, 12:14 AM.

01.16.2011, 04:36 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

I've finished Metropolis (animé) which was wonderful.
Also watched Match Point, good acting, good story, captivating...but omg, I so HATED the end, never expected such thing to happen...wanna know? Just go and see it

01.18.2011, 03:49 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks