QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...    »  ]
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The cat returns and some of dads army.

01.18.2011, 05:31 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Conviction! I really liked it.

01.21.2011, 12:07 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yes man

01.21.2011, 12:11 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Social Network, was ALOT better than I expected

01.21.2011, 09:02 AM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Green Hornet... it was ok. some funny parts. I watched it because Jay Chou was in it.

01.21.2011, 02:13 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I havent yet but i plan on watching eather farther ted or the mighty boosh later.

01.21.2011, 02:17 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How to train your dragon, adorable movie! It's easily in my top 10 animated movies.

01.23.2011, 09:38 AM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched "Watership Down" last night and liked it again... lol

Fourth time I've seen the movie and I've read the book at least three times...

Kind of a dark tale about rabbits...

01.23.2011, 05:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched a movie called Chocolate.

first kung fu film i've seen in a while, it was pretty good, especially for having no wires or stunt doubles. and it was made by the same people as Ong Bak, which is one of my all time favourite action movies of all time, lol.

01.25.2011, 01:16 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Young Victoria, quite good! And Emily Blunt looks SO much like the real, young Victoria. Great casting over all.

01.26.2011, 12:29 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I'd seen it only once before and didn't remember how things happened. Also I just felt like rewatching it.

01.26.2011, 09:44 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18

<3!!!

The King's Speech and Charlie Wilson's War.

01.29.2011, 04:05 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
quote:
Originally posted by arren18

<3!!!

<3!!! agreed.

I saw Black Swan friday! It was...wow, I don't even know what to say about it, except that it was probably one of the most intense cinematic experiences I've ever had. I came out shaking, I could barely speak for about quarter of an hour...it was crazy. It's just so powerful and tense that you spend the entire movie on the edge of the seat to the point that when it ends you almost don't know what to do with yourself. I personally thought it was amazingly acted, beautifully shot, the story had depth whilst remaining very surreal and it was just an all round breathtaking film - However, I would say that I don't think it would be everybody's cup of tea. There's some pretty graphic gore and sexual stuff, plus it's all just pretty twisted...I would say if you usually go for mainstream films than this might be a bit much for you, that's all.

But yes, wow, it was great.

01.30.2011, 05:47 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yes, I am so curious about Black Swan too. Heard so many good things about it, and I like the story.

I've just watched To Kill a King, good movie, exhiting and I just love history :-)

Post last edited by Kemi on 02.02.2011, 12:15 PM.

02.02.2011, 12:15 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

finally saw Paprika. found so many similarities to Inception, but it was such an awesome movie, i'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasent seen it!

02.04.2011, 09:25 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Kemi
Totoro

- Under the Greenwood Tree, I had very low expectations on this movie because of the opinions I have heard, but it was actually quite nice. Cute story which was not believable most of the time unfortunaly and the acting of Mr. Shiner and the boy who Fancy Day falls in love with (forgot his name!! *BLUSH*) acted quite poorly, still it was nice to see. Sunny and feelgood.

Also wathed the independent movie "The Twisted Tale of Bloody Mary" a few weeks ago but forgot to mention it, don't buy it, it's a waste of money. It was low budget, the documentary twist in the movie is HORRIBLE and so UNBELIEABLE, locations are bad, NOT historical accurate so many times and the acting was very BAD! Also the scenes are tacky and too long..

Well..It was just a educational independent project with a low budget and street people trying to act, but it is a horrible ''movie'' to watch, although the story is so interesting. I hope there will be made a new movie about her life.

02.04.2011, 07:51 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw The Fighter, which was definitely very much a mirror image of Black Swan, concentrating a lot on the intricacies of the sport and the dedication it takes and so on. It is very much centred on the personal family drama of Micky Ward over his actual boxing matches or anything.

I thought there was some excellent acting, worthy of the oscar nominations, but I wasn't particularly blown away. It may be simply because I saw Black Swan so recently, which was so exceptional, but this came off as good but not great. I would say it was enjoyable but nothing out of the ordinary

02.06.2011, 06:34 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last night I saw Never Let Me Go. It did a good job of translating the atmosphere of the book without doing things in exactly the same way. I was impressed.

02.11.2011, 06:18 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just saw the Illusionist. The animated one. It was great both very beautiful and depressing.

02.13.2011, 05:05 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Howls moveing castle.

I want to go to HMV's to get some more studio ghibli films cause apparently thats were dad got the three we have (spirted away/howls moveing castle/princess mononke)

02.13.2011, 07:57 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
[  «    ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks