QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...    »  ]
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw the Straight Story. It's a very emotional film. It also reminded me of Into the Wild.

04.17.2011, 09:03 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by colda
I saw the Straight Story. It's a very emotional film. It also reminded me of Into the Wild.

Ooh i love that film.
I have a new dvd player soooo its time for more ghibli! princess mononke was first, then i decided to watch some doctor who.

Edit: I just rented despicable me, its a great film i definitely recommend it.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 04.18.2011, 12:57 PM.

04.18.2011, 07:44 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wendy and Lucy, another road movie. Not as good as The Straight Story but I still liked it. I don't think its for everyone though.

04.18.2011, 06:06 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on DVD last night. Still good.

04.24.2011, 07:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Arren
Just got DH today! So excited to watch it later.

Last night I watched Goya's Ghosts. It was alright, not as good as I was told it was going to be. It was also disturbing, but that's the Spanish Inquisition for you.

04.24.2011, 04:05 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

watching the Yamada's

04.24.2011, 07:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I recently watched two classics for the first time;

*The Shawshank Redemption - amazing story, I like the thought behind it very much; never give up hope, and friendship is worth anything. Good acting, strong movie

*The Exorcist - well, I expected it to be more scary, but at times it was almost funny, it's too old I guess. But good to have seen once, and to scare my mom with! xD

04.25.2011, 08:37 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched "Only Yesterday" on Monday and I'm watching "Nausicaa" now...

04.26.2011, 11:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I badly want to see Only Yesterday. Do you know an easy way to watch it?

I saw Spirited Away again with my brother yesterday, the movie is so strongly atmospheric and surreal and transportive. For sure in my top 10 for all movies.

04.26.2011, 11:55 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Sorry, Takuto, I don't... I have most of the films so I just watch my own. You might try a DVD rental shop...

04.27.2011, 07:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shhh....try www.isohunt.com (I didn't said that xD)

I also have the complete Ghibli collection on dvd, also pre-Ghibli except for Panda, Go Panda and Castle of Cagliostro. I love collecting things I love
So yeah, normally I also watch in on my own dvd's just like Husky51.

I've watched the miniseries Charles II, it was really good!

Post last edited by Kemi on 04.28.2011, 02:27 PM.

04.28.2011, 02:26 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I'd rather own them legally like on DVDs, I just asked because Only Yesterday was never made for distribution in my country. I will look anyway. Are European DVDs compatible with American DVD players?

04.29.2011, 04:02 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by Takuto
Yeah, I'd rather own them legally like on DVDs, I just asked because Only Yesterday was never made for distribution in my country. I will look anyway. Are European DVDs compatible with American DVD players?

They generally are not. But many dvd players are region free or can be unlocked, with a simple code, to play both European and US dvds.

Also if you watch movies on your PC, you can play all dvd regions on your PC.

I watched Four Weddings And A funeral for the first time. It was alright, but I have to say I didn't really like Carrie.

Post last edited by colda on 04.29.2011, 05:48 PM.

04.29.2011, 05:41 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

watched a series of Pixar shorts...

Loved "For the Birds"... hahahahaha

04.30.2011, 06:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Takuto
Calcifer

For the Birds is great!

04.30.2011, 02:26 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Megamind", cute little love story... (Sat)

====================================
Watched "Despicable Me" and I loved the ending.... (Sun)

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.02.2011, 01:13 AM.

05.01.2011, 10:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched The King's Speech on Saturday. Brilliant film.

Watched Fantastic Mr. Fox on Sunday just because it was on TV. I've never seen it before, and I'm not sure I could ever sit through it again. It was just too....strange. I love stop-motion animation, but this one is just a little too weird for me.

EDIT: You know, I take that back. I could sit through Fantastic Mr. Fox again. Despite its weirdness, it is actually a very unique film with a very unique vision. I like it.

Post last edited by on 05.02.2011, 10:24 AM.

05.02.2011, 08:48 AM  
Kemi
Totoro

Oh, I want to see the King's Speech so bad. I love movies about English monarchs. After Charles II, I now watched 'Mary, Queen of Scots'. A bit old, but her tragic life is good food for a costume drama. I liked it, although it was a little too long.

05.02.2011, 11:29 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

The thing about ALL (or almost all) of the monarchs in Europe is that they, at least to my understanding, were all pretty much related to one another in some way...

I believe that there was an English King that spoke only German.

====================

Yes, I want to see "The King's Speech" myself...

05.02.2011, 11:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I want to see The King's Speech too. I've heard so many good things about it.

Anyway, today I watched Splice, a sci-fi horror film with a Frankensteinish premise. Like what most reviewers have said, I thought it was very good, but had some flaws. I'd recommend seeing it anyway.

05.02.2011, 05:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks