QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...    »  ]
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Band of Brothers.
Helluva good movie.

08.17.2008, 03:50 AM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
I just saw the Matrix Reloaded. Yay for long dragging on actions scenes without much point or reason, yay,yay!!

not nearly as good as the other one, IMO.

Actually, I think that's everyone's opinion. The first film was great, and did the trick just fine. I've not even seen the third one, because I heard it was so bad.

08.17.2008, 06:18 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
I just saw the Matrix Reloaded. Yay for long dragging on actions scenes without much point or reason, yay,yay!!

Actually, I think that's everyone's opinion. The first film was great, and did the trick just fine. I've not even seen the third one, because I heard it was so bad.

I would'nt describe Matrix Revolutions as bad. But it was devoid of originality, just your typical Sci-Fi adventure film.

@JRR, no I hav'nt seen the Clone Wars yet, have you?

08.17.2008, 07:11 AM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:

Oh yay, I'm glad.

I wanna see the third one the next time that we run off to the video store though, because the second ended so darn creepily... When I was watching it though, I knew in some parts what was going to happen because my mom let me watch little bits when I was like eight. So yeah, it was rather depressing, seeing as the last scenes were the ones that I saw the most of. It's strange though that I remember them so well.

Ah well, yay!! ^.^

08.17.2008, 01:55 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chihiros-Dream-Boy

Yup, I have.

08.17.2008, 05:07 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sweeney Todd - Pardon if I spelt the title wrong. XD I liked this movie and Depp's acting, as well as the cute but ugly faced Antony. XD musicals are the one thing that irritate me the most though. -.-

Sleepy Hollow -

NOW, this was rated 14A and ST was Restricted?! There's a problem there. XD

So, I was reading the back of the case and saw the name Ichabod Crane and it occurred to me strangely to trigger an odd memory.

My mom always calls me Ichabod Crane.

So me and Allie watched it and to my surprise at the end "HOLY CRAP, I'm Ichabod Crane?! O_O" *never heard the whole story or knew the character well enough to see this odd conclusion*

We positively adored the scenes in which he fainted, screamed like a girl, or hid under the sheets like a frightened little child. XD Yay, thank you for playing him so well.

I especially like the scene where he comes out of the doctor place covered in blood and says "We're dealing with a mad man." XD Their faces.

My parents were laughing when I came out of the trailer after watching it really late at night saying "Why am I Ichabod Crane?!" They laughed at me.

08.17.2008, 09:32 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Vicky Cristina Barcelona by Woody Allen.
Very good and very funny. Laughed a lot and marvelled at the beautiful women.
Scarlett Johansson is as beautiful as never before.
Rebecca Hall is a stunner. And though Penelope Cruz is not as beautiful as for example in Almodovar's Volver, she iis still a nice sight to behold.
Javier Bardem was also good in the film.

All in all, nice and very funny. And any film that features a kiss between Johansson and Penelope Cruz is very nice.

08.18.2008, 09:04 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

Registration Date: 07.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MagicalTotoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

not nearly as good as the other one, IMO. The first was good because it was so original and awesome and what not. And they said awesomeness. This one was... action. Pretty much. There were some good scenes, but the rest... gah. I mean, what can you do when there's a guy that can multiply himself into infinity, any time, anywhere, and you're not able to get out?

Yeah, they really rather bored me. I think that Neo's character went downhill as well... and there was a tad bit too much of the romancy stuff, IMO... I guess that they were just focusing on how awesome their special effects were. After all, they were the first to use slow motion in a movie, at least I think...

Yeah. It was still rather good though. Left me creeped out though after the end, when it set it up for the third movie... gaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Ah well, yay!! ^.^ Have to get myself back into a nice, uncreeped out happy mood, now, yay!! ^.^

Have you seen any of the Animatrix? anime style matrix! I saw a lil but It still confuses me sometimes lol how everything works and why it is that way etc. It's weird but cool!

08.19.2008, 01:44 PM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
quote:

Yup, I have.

and?

08.19.2008, 02:47 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JRR
quote:

Yup, I have.

and?

No good. Pretty crap. Apart from one or two nice star wars moments, it under performs in every way. Go watch Vicky Cristina Barcelona instead.

08.19.2008, 03:00 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JRR
quote:

Yup, I have.

and?

No good. Pretty crap. Apart from one or two nice star wars moments, it under performs in every way. Go watch Vicky Cristina Barcelona instead.

That's on par, to what I have heard from other sources.

08.19.2008, 03:09 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw about half of Bowling For Columbine in Media Studies today. It was quite good; I would've liked to watch the whole thing. Maybe I could borrow it from the teacher at some point...

08.21.2008, 11:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

About to watch "Big Fish" again.

My mom's fiancee was the best guy ever and bought it for us - it's our favorite movie, wahoo! ^.^ Because it's pure awesomeness.

It's centered on tall tales and awesomeness, and it was directed by Tim Burton. so watch it. Now. Yay! ^.^

Awesomeness, wahoo!

08.22.2008, 12:20 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, I like Big Fish. I should see it again some time.

08.22.2008, 03:18 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think I've watched Big Fish before. But since I was young I've been drawn to Burton's movies as much as anime. XD

I think the movie I just watched was called "Shutter". My mom told me it was based in Japan and thought I'd like to watch it.

The ghost girl named Megumi, my mom recalled that she looked and acted a lot like the Megumi we knew. O_O

Y'know what's creepy? They never found Megumi or one of her friends when she went to Toronto to meet up with them to go back to Japan. It kinda freaked me out when she told me she didn't want to go back..

Ugh, now I'm getting shivers down my back thinking back to when I first met Megumi and how nice she'd been to me. And then thinking how she cried all the time and the face of the girl in the movie.

Great, my headache returned. -___-

08.22.2008, 09:38 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I Watched My Neighbor Totoro:
It Was Better Than I Expected.

And Princess Mononoke:
I Like That Alot But Still Not My Favorite
I Think Spirted Away Is The Best One I Have Seen.

08.23.2008, 04:01 AM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Beverley Hills Cop

back in the days where Eddie Murphy was still funny. And really funny he was.
Good film.

08.24.2008, 11:26 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Shawn
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by kitsunejr
I Watched My Neighbor Totoro:
It Was Better Than I Expected.

And Princess Mononoke:
I Like That Alot But Still Not My Favorite
I Think Spirted Away Is The Best One I Have Seen.

No. NO! NOOOO!!!!
NOT HAVING MONONOKE AT THE TOP OF YOUR LIST IS A SIN!!!
YOU FAIL AT LIFE!!!!!!
Just kidding.
Spirited away was pretty good.
...But Why Do You Type Like This? Do You Speak Like This In Real Life? It Gets Very Annoying After The First Sentence.

08.24.2008, 11:45 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
Evey
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Evey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Princess Mononoke - ´cause I haven´t seen it for ages (shame on me ) ....I also watched Matrix,which is my favourite from the trilogy ....and the last,but not least I saw V for Vendetta - I like it very much, Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving are great,they played it so realistic and I love the story as well

08.25.2008, 12:10 PM Evey is offline   Profile for Evey Add Evey to your buddy list
Shawn
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Evey
I saw Princess Mononoke - ´cause I haven´t seen it for ages (shame on me ) ....I also watched Matrix,which is my favourite from the trilogy ....and the last,but not least I saw V for Vendetta - I like it very much, Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving are great,they played it so realistic and I love the story as well

Shame on you!

08.25.2008, 01:40 PM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
[  «    ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks