QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Favourite scenes for each movie
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Favourite scenes for each movie » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Two fave scenes in Spirited Away; when they are walking to the train station, and No Face gets pushed by a wave as the train goes past him...and when they are on the train, the little shadow/ghost girl who's standing on a platform and we watch her from the train as it goes past her. Also, i love the way No Face 'speaks', it's sounds so heart-breakingly tragic!

Cat Returns...a bit of an odd one, but it's when Haru is following Muta and sort of jumps round the back of a chair that's outside a restaurant, it just looks so realistic (I think that's one of the best things about Ghibli movies, they include all the little naturalistic ticks and qualities that real people have!)
Howl...The Blob Men, I love the way they move!

Totoro...at the bus stop, when she hands him the umbrella and he can't work out how to hold it, soo sweet!!

Mononoke...At the beginning when Nago is possessed and all the little demon tendrils jump off him, then all slam back down again like a wave. Man, i love the way those things move!

Nausicaa...when Nausicaa stabs Lord Yupa through the arm, but he doesn't move, that look on her face is amazing!

Pom Poko...the procession of demons and ghouls they create

Laputa...when Pazu is holding Sheeta after she has fallen from the sky, and she suddenly stops being weightless and he nearly falls over the edge...so cute and funny!

That's all I can think of for now!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.04.2006, 07:03 PM.

06.04.2006, 07:01 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
rosie_cream
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.23.06
  Search for Posts by rosie_cream Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nausacaa-when nausacaa and were Asbel were in the place...ummm the place where it wasn't poisened...hmmm following me?
Laputa-when taku and sheeta were talking on top of the pirate's ship
Totoro-when they just moved in the house and exploring
it
kiki-when kiki and tombo was on the bike
Only yesterday-when taeko meet shuji hirota on the street
Porco Rosso-the fight and everyone crowding round flo
Pom poko-when they, in the end, used their powers to the past come back for a while and all the trees start poping up.
Mononoke-again at the end when all the trees start poping up and mononoke and ashitaka were lying on the grass. also when the tree spirits come back at the very end
Spirited Away-EVERYTHING! especially when haku let go of chihiro's hand...soo sad!
The cat returns-Everything!!especially when they were in the maze and when the king blew the tower up!
Howl's moving castle-when they were walking in the air!

sig by kittycatjess

sig by mpw3d...thanks!!

07.26.2006, 06:40 AM rosie_cream is offline   Profile for rosie_cream Add rosie_cream to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

howl's moving castle- walking in the air, he freaked out about his hair...
spirited away-when haku gives chiriro food...and the end....when they were flying..

07.26.2006, 11:40 AM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

from the 4 ive seen lol

Nausicaa: the part when she's captured by pejite & finds out about them destroying their own city
& the bit when she & asbel is under the jungle
& the bit wen whats-his-name finds her in the room with all the toxic plants she made non toxic

Kikis: the part when shes getting attacked by crows

Spirited Away: whehaku is being attacked by paper things

Howl: the bit at the end where they are all standing on the fucked up castle & looking into the distance

cheers

07.27.2006, 06:43 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my naibur totoro- wen totoro is at da bus stop with mai and satsuki, i think its really funny when e makes da rain come out of the trees wiv dat smile on his face.

07.29.2006, 08:47 AM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here are a few of my favorites:

Nausicaa (movie): when she takes off her mask while flying over the sea of corruption, to talk to her fellow tribesmen in that old glider

Nausicaa (manga): Princess Kushana (who's a totally different person than in the movie) in a ditch on the ground protecting two of her surviving soldiers, from a gigantic attack of enraged insects at the surface. One of those insects with a soldier half chewed in its mouth, sees her in the ditch, but accepting death she peacefully looks at it, and after a brief while the insect flies away (much to her surprise)

Porco Rosso: the bit where Rosso sees his friends' spirits on their airplanes, fly away to the sky towards what looks like a celestial river but actually are many other spirits from dead pilots and their airplanes.

Princess Mononoke: When the forest spirit kisses that giant leader of the wild pigs who was mortally injured, and peacefuly takes his life

Spirited away: when Chihiro remembers Haku's name when they're flying, also when that no face spirit finds a new home with that witch's sister (the good sister!)

Laputa: when those two arrive at the castle for the first time and start exploring it

Post last edited by aviator on 07.31.2006, 01:35 AM.

07.30.2006, 11:56 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Texcap
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.23.06
  Search for Posts by Texcap Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I figured this would be a good start for my first post at the board. And by way of introductions: "Howdy!" Glad to be here.

The Cat Returns: My favorite moment in this movie is a toss-up between the scene where the Baron first reveals that he's alive to Haru (and what was the cat's line prior? "Noone is impressed with your light show Baron..." ), or the scene where he shows up at the Castle in the Cat Kingdom to save her from her unhappy wedding predicament, planning a rescue as the two dance. I think this is one of the more underrated Ghibli films to tell you the truth. Really enjoyed it.

Howl's Moving Castle: Pretty much all of the moments between Sophie, Turnip-Head & Calcifer are a hoot, but it's probably the scene where Turnip-Head attempts to save Sophie and the rest after Calcifer has been freed that is among my favorites. He doesn't have to sacrifice himself in the end, but he was willing to. The happy ending between nearly all the characters shortly thereafter is worth mentioning as well. Too many are worth mentioning I tell ya!

Laputa, Castle in the Sky: One of my all-time favorite Ghibli films so picking one scene is tough. But for today, I'll say it's the infamous scene where Pazu first encounters Sheeta...as she floats into his arms from the sky -- followed by Pazu's realization of her weight once his senses kick back in. The scene is filled with wonder, as are so many other parts of the movie, and I knew at that point that I was in for a lot of fun.

Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro: Kind of cheesy, sure, but it's probably the moment where Zenigata tells Clarisse that Lupin has again managed to steal something in all the mess that everyone had just endured...her heart. If you know the convaluted history between Zenigata and Lupin, it makes it all the better.

My Neighbor Totoro: Durn it, another all-time favorite Ghibli film -- I love the simple-slow going/slice of life nature of this film...as a family is surrounded by magic everywhere they turn. My favorite scene, I'd reckon, is probably the wait at the bus where Satsuki holds Mei atop her back, and slowly begins to drift asleep while they patiently wait. Totoro's appearance, and the 'bit of fun' that he has with the rain was heart warming. And fFor what it's worth, my neices really, really enjoyed this Ghibli film in particular.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind: I could do well to watch this one again as its been awhile and I'm sure there are several moments worth mentioning that I simply can't remember, but for now, I think the opening scenes where Nausicaa is inspecting the Ohmu are great. We see her happy, in her element -- the calm before the storm.

Kiki's Delivery Service: I've got a fondness for the scenes near the bakery as the sun is setting -- for some reason those scenes really resonate. Related to that, my favorite scene may be the one where Kiki returns to the bakery to find that Osono's husband has made her, her very own delivery sign -- which hangs prominently in the window. Must've been a real thrill for Kiki, a young girl just tying to find her way when she's accepted like that. The opening sequences are tough to beat as well...dang, "favorite" Ghibli related questions are tough!

Porco Rosso: Several scenes come to mind, but I think Porco's time with Gina in the bar take the cake, particularly after learning more about their history later on in the movie. I have to admit that attempting to put everything together at the end was a lot of fun as well.

Princess Mononoke: Another Ghibli film I'd benefit by watching again to refresh my memory. I watched it nearly [3] different times the first day that I initially saw it (as family cam by and watched, etc.) but it's been awhile. I do recall being very impressed by the scenes where San and Eboshi fight in Tatara Ba, including the confrontation with Ashitaka at the time.

Spirited Away: Howsabout the scene where the charcoal sprites see that Chihiro has helped carry the load of one of the other sprites, and systematically begin dropping their own loads for her to ease their burdens. Great stuff! I'll have another favorite scene tommorrow, no doubt!

Whisper of the Heart: I was very impressed with this film. I was quickly drawn into the story and in the end it probably hit me on a level a different level all-together than even other Ghibli films have (which is saying something) so here again picking one will be very difficult. For today, I'll go with the scene where Shizuku sings "Country Road" with Seiji, his grandfather and friends downstairs in the shop. I love music as it is, and when you throw in characters like these to the mix...it makes it a keeper.

I tried anyhow...pardon my inability to be as succinct as I'd have liked. But I blame these dang good Ghibli films for making it as tough!

Post last edited by Texcap on 08.23.2006, 04:06 PM.

08.23.2006, 03:54 PM Texcap is offline   Profile for Texcap Add Texcap to your buddy list Send an Email to Texcap
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome Texcap! And wow, you've certainly gotten through the Ghibli films

08.23.2006, 04:03 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, i kinda read your post and wow, u will fit in nicly welcome aboard.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.23.2006, 04:08 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Texcap
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.23.06
  Search for Posts by Texcap Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Welcome Texcap! And wow, you've certainly gotten through the Ghibli films

quote:
yeah, i kinda read your post and wow, u will fit in nicly welcome aboard.

Honestly, I've still got a few Ghibli films to go yet (next up is My Neighbors the Yamadas, I believe), but I'm definitely a big Ghibli fan (as I assume most of y'all are!) so it's no chore.

And thanks for the welcomes!

Post last edited by Texcap on 08.23.2006, 04:12 PM.

08.23.2006, 04:11 PM Texcap is offline   Profile for Texcap Add Texcap to your buddy list Send an Email to Texcap
Sarcasm Master
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.29.08
  Search for Posts by Sarcasm Master Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fave scenes of movies that I watched:
Nausicaa:Nausicaa's ressurection.
Castle in the Sky: When Pazu and Sheeta first go to Dola's Tiger Moth.
Totoro:When Totoro gets excited over the sound of raindrops hitting the umbrella Satsuki gave him.
Kiki : When she flies above the people, and they all stare at her.
Porco Rosso : Marco's bedtime story to Fio about how he got his pig head.
Whisper: When Shizuku screams "Jerk!" a lot.
Princess Mononoke: When San gets all freaked out when Ashitaka says that she's pretty. She is kinda cute.
Spirited Away: Chihiro's stair descent, train tracks, visiting Zeniba's place...too many to list.
The Cat Returns: When the cats try to entertain Haru. The fish knife thingy was hilarious,as well as the pink cat with a face on its body's preformance.

Any smiley after the favorite scene is the awesomest scene ever!

Post last edited by Sarcasm Master on 11.29.2008, 10:48 PM.

11.29.2008, 10:48 PM Sarcasm Master is offline   Profile for Sarcasm Master Add Sarcasm Master to your buddy list
O-Jay88
Warawara

Registration Date: 11.29.08
  Search for Posts by O-Jay88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Awesome thread, here's mine:

Lupin III The Castle of Cagliostro: The whole infiltration of the castle, including Lupin's extreme acrobatics on the roof, that was hilarious

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind: When Nausicaä sits under the Ohmu eye shell in the forest and the final shot with the single plant growing.

Laputa - Castle in the Sky: So many incredible scenes to choose from, but the best ones are probably the opening with Sheeta falling and the first appearance of Laputa

Grave of the Fireflies: The scene in the cave at nighttime when they bring in the fireflies, and the ending.

My Neighbour Totoro: Definately when they wait at the busstop in the rain.

Kiki's Delivery Service: Kiki flying home in the rain and when Kiki and Tombo ride on the bicycle.

Only Yesterday: The end credits and the "first love" scene

Porco Rosso: Porco's story of the pilot "heaven" and the dogfight in the end

I can hear the Sea: The class reunion and the delightful ending, with Taku meeting Muto again. For some reason I really love the musical score in this scene. It's so uplifting and fun .

Pom Poko: Maybe the ghost parade, even though it's incredibly weird. The tanukis reuniting in the end is great.

Whisper of the Heart: Shizuku following Moon and the sunrise.

Princess Mononoke: Any scene with the Kodama, plus the forest regrowing in the end

My Neighbours the Yamadas: The scene involving the biker gang. It suddenly gets so serious and almost scary.

Spirited Away: The train sequence (of course) and the whole stink/river spirit segment.

The Cat Returns: Hard to say, maybe the end when they get saved by the birds.

Howl's Moving Castle: Sophie and Markl relaxing by Star Lake and the breakfast scene.

Tales from Earthsea: Haven't seen it yet.

Post last edited by O-Jay88 on 11.29.2008, 10:53 PM.

11.29.2008, 10:52 PM O-Jay88 is offline   Profile for O-Jay88 Add O-Jay88 to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks