QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Survivor
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Ghibli Survivor Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.05.05
  Ghibli Survivor Search for Posts by biker_brat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi I just thought that maybe we could play this really fun game. I will put a list of some Ghibli characters (max of 2 characters from each film) and you have to choose one of them to be voted off. Whoever gets the most votes gets voted off. I will check the board as much as I can and say who got voted off.

Characters:

Nausicaa (nausicaa)
Kushana (nausicaa)
Dola (laputa)
Pazu (laputa)
Satsuki (totoro)
Mei (totoro)
Setsuko (grave of fireflies)
Seita (grave of fireflies)
Kiki (kiki)
Tombo (kiki)
Taeko (only yesterday)
Toshio (only yesterday)
Porco Rosso aka Kurenai no Buta (porco rosso)
Gina (porco rosso)
Gonta (pompoko)
Bunta (pompoko)
Shizuku (whisper of the heart)
The Baron (whisper of the hear, the cat returns)
Ashitaka (mononoke)
Moro (mononoke)
Takashi (yamadas)
Matsuko (yamadas)
Haku (spirited away)
Chihiro (spirited away)
Haru (the cat returns)
The Cat King (the cat returns)
Sophie (howls moving castle)
Calcifer (howls moving castle)

12.01.2005, 07:33 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
biker_brat
Kodama

Search for Posts by biker_brat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My vote goes for Gonta (pompoko) because that character isn't explained very well. Yep that's right! I'm voting on my own thing!

12.01.2005, 07:35 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I have to choose Toshio of Only Yeserday. Not that he is a very bad character. But being a 19-year-old boy, I indeed find it even easier to relate to a fantasy creature then a boring man like him. Hehe pretty weird, isn't it?

12.01.2005, 09:19 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
biker_brat
Kodama

Search for Posts by biker_brat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well since no one is replying to this and i picked too many characters, anyone who gets voted for will be gone. so that means that both gonta and toshio are gone.

Still surviving

Nausicaa (nausicaa)
Kushana (nausicaa)
Dola (laputa)
Pazu (laputa)
Satsuki (totoro)
Mei (totoro)
Kiki (kiki)
Tombo (kiki)
Taeko (only yesterday)
Gina (porco rosso)
Bunta (pompoko)
The Baron (whisper of the hear, the cat returns)
Ashitaka (mononoke)
Moro (mononoke)
Takashi (yamadas)
Matsuko (yamadas)
Haku (spirited away)
Chihiro (spirited away)
Haru (the cat returns)

voted off

Toshio (only yesterday)
Gonta (pompoko)

12.04.2005, 08:08 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
biker_brat
Kodama

my next vote goes for Takashi (yamadas) because i just dont like him... as simple as that lol.

12.04.2005, 08:10 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Baron (Whisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns)

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

12.05.2005, 11:32 AM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Haru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.19.05
  Search for Posts by Haru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ack, poor Baron.

I vote for Bunta (Pompoko).

12.05.2005, 04:19 PM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
biker_brat
Kodama

nooo not the baron!!! oh well i guess that means hes gone *sniffel*. when it gets down to say... 5 characters left, then it will be whoever gets the most votes

Still surviving

Nausicaa (nausicaa)
Kushana (nausicaa)
Dola (laputa)
Pazu (laputa)
Satsuki (totoro)
Mei (totoro)
Kiki (kiki)
Tombo (kiki)
Taeko (only yesterday)
Gina (porco rosso)
Ashitaka (mononoke)
Moro (mononoke)
Matsuko (yamadas)
Haku (spirited away)
Chihiro (spirited away)
Haru (the cat returns)

voted off

Toshio (only yesterday)
Gonta (pompoko)
Bunta (Pompoko)
Takashi (yamadas)

Post last edited by biker_brat on 12.06.2005, 08:30 PM.

12.06.2005, 08:29 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
biker_brat
Kodama

My next vote is for Setsuko (grave) because (SPOILER ALERT)

last chance

he didnt have to die and let his sis die! garg thatz such a depressing movie.

Post last edited by biker_brat on 12.06.2005, 08:33 PM.

12.06.2005, 08:32 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
Haru
Tanuki

Search for Posts by Haru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll vote for Porco Rosso (Porco Rosso), because it's one of my least favorite Ghibli movies.

12.07.2005, 01:35 AM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kushana (from the film version of Nausicaa) since she lacks depth compared to her graphic novel counterpart.

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

12.07.2005, 11:42 AM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Haru
Tanuki

I vote for Seita (Grave of the Fireflies) only because that movie is so sad and i've only watched it twice, whereas i've seen all the other Ghibli movies many times.

12.08.2005, 02:52 AM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
LillyKimilly
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.02.05
  Search for Posts by LillyKimilly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I vote The Cat King (the Cat Returns)....hes a meanie

Post last edited by LillyKimilly on 12.08.2005, 06:06 PM.

12.08.2005, 06:06 PM LillyKimilly is offline   Profile for LillyKimilly Add LillyKimilly to your buddy list
Haru
Tanuki

I vote for Gina (Porco Rosso), for the same reason I voted Porco off.

12.09.2005, 06:14 PM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
biker_brat
Kodama

wow a lot of my favorite characters are getting voted off :'(. o well sorry i havent updated this lately. ive been busy

Still surviving

Nausicaa (nausicaa)
Dola (laputa)
Pazu (laputa)
Satsuki (totoro)
Mei (totoro)
Kiki (kiki)
Tombo (kiki)
Taeko (only yesterday)
Ashitaka (mononoke)
Moro (mononoke)
Matsuko (yamadas)
Haku (spirited away)
Chihiro (spirited away)
Haru (the cat returns)

voted off

Kushana (nausicaa)
Toshio (only yesterday)
Gonta (pompoko)
Bunta (Pompoko)
Takashi (yamadas)
Gina (porco rosso)

12.13.2005, 07:36 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh I think Seita was also voted off by Haru. Anyway it's great that the siblings are together. again 8]

Ummm... my next vote shall go to Taeko of Only Yesterday, with a reason the same as my previous one for Toshio. Basically I like a character when I can attach to s/he, when s/he has some likeable characteristics, or when s/he shows some exceptional and unqiue qualities. I fail to see any of these inside this office lady and could't care less about her childhood or her romance.

btw why aren't any characters from Umi ga Kikoeru on the list? I am more than ready to give them a big nice kick.

12.13.2005, 10:03 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
biker_brat
Kodama

oops sorry forgot to take off seita... i'll do that next tally... anyways my next vote is for satsuki (totoro) becuz shes too young for me

12.19.2005, 08:03 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
Sarcasm Master
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.29.08
  Search for Posts by Sarcasm Master Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I vote for Tombo since he is and he looks like a nerd.

11.29.2008, 10:58 PM Sarcasm Master is offline   Profile for Sarcasm Master Add Sarcasm Master to your buddy list
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks