QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Infinite Ryvius
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Infinite Ryvius » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Infinite RyviusPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Been a while since a new topic, no might as well review an anime I watched.

Infinite Ryvius is a '99 anime, set in the future where, due to a rare and VERY big solar flare, space colonisation has become possible with the formation of large gravity fields. Main protagonist is Aiba Kouji, a pilot student training in a space station school. The problem starts when sabotagers cause a routine travel mission to fail and sends the station plunging into a gravity field, threatening to crush everything and everyone in the field (ala black hole).

However, the station hides a secret; a prototype spaceship capable of not only withstanding the intense gravity fields, but also having a weapon capable of manipulating gravity.

The trouble starts when all the adults die trying to save the ship, leaving only the students, all kids below the age of 20.

The highlight of the story is survival; a take of a situation where children are placed in a highly dangerous situation with barely the means of survival and limited supply of food and water.

Think the movie "Lord of the Flies".

Putting aside all the futuristic stuff, the settings and events to occur are all thoroughly thought out. Situations like power control, struggle to save only oneself, rationing of supplies, hooliganism, mutiny. Albeit some situations where things are taken a little too far from realism.

Overall, despite some bad reviews I heard, I find the series to be highly recommendable.

Then again, I'm a fan of realism, so meh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.26.2007, 01:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks