QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime Club » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
Im ready to go. Ill search it on Youtube or Veoh.. or.. well I have a few internet streaming sites.

btw: im the 100th post in this thread..

05.26.2007, 05:04 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll use YouTube or Google Video probably. I might not get much of a chance this week, so if I'm behind I'll catch up.

05.26.2007, 06:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the series is one youtube so anyone who doesnt want to buy it can watch it there. im ready to go, so once everyone is set, we'll get this show on the road.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.26.2007, 05:02 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have the series on order still but can start watching on veoh, so my hand is now raised.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.26.2007, 08:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
mine is raised too..
which one was it again?

05.27.2007, 04:47 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*slaps hand to forehead*

Full Moon.

So don't go searching for and downloading Sailor Moon like I just did.

*blushes*

anyway, here 'tis:

http://www.veoh.com/userVideos.html?numR...ya&offset=0

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.27.2007, 05:29 AM.

05.27.2007, 05:18 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
*slaps hand to forehead*

Full Moon.

So don't go searching for and downloading Sailor Moon like I just did.

*blushes*

anyway, here 'tis:

http://www.veoh.com/userVideos.html?numR...ya&offset=0

lol, I've done worse. It took me five days to finish watching it. Hee, I still love it.^^(I've watched it before, I think on TV. I'll ask my dad to download it since I don't think he wants me spending all my money again because of all the manga I want.)
Episode 34 or 35 with that old man in it, he reminded me of my grampy and I started crying like a baby. After the flowers bloomed.(okay, maybe I've watched the series three times. I can't remember..)

05.27.2007, 11:06 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I think we should start.

Before getting the show on the road, I'd like to give a few personal comments on the series. This is a relatively light series, comparable to, say, Cardcaptor Sakura or PitaTen. And do take note that the original series was published by Ribon, which is generally read by little girls. So don't expect any blow-you-away scenes or complex storylines.

The genre covered by the series include romance, humour and drama. And there's magical girl transformation, just a heads up to you guys.

That's outta the way. Now on to the first 3 eps. Well actually I watch the first four 'cause that's how many I burned per CD, but eh.

Starting with the 1st ep.

So we get introduced to the main heroine, Kouyama Mitsuki, and her sidekicks (sorta), Takuto and Meroko, who are there supposedly to stop her from meeting a certain somebody who will prevent her death in a year's time, but being the heroine, Mitsuki gets more determined to achive her dream of being a singer despite having throat cancer, gets help from the Takuto, and all's well that ends well.

Anyone wanna discuss how the Shinigami(death god) duo is supposed to stop her from meeting whoever it is without knowing who he is in the first place?

Not that the viewers are supposed to think about it, but eh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.29.2007, 01:50 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Not wanting to wee on anyone's party but I think a new thread called Anime Club : Full Moon would help.

Then we can have a thread for each and even run more than one concurrently (which would get messy talking all in the same thread).

05.29.2007, 03:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah i was gonna make a new thread, but roar just jump up and started talking. ill go an make a new one, and we are going in groups of 3 eps so ill title it as such.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.29.2007, 04:53 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The commentary on Full Moon seems to have died. I'm still watching it but there seems little point in posting as there's no discussion any more.

I suspect we did a couple of things wrong with that one 1) it was too long and 2) we ran slap into the summer vacation period and lots of people went away.

I'd like to test the water and see if the Anime Club would like to restart but using a shorter series. I think 13 eps would be good but definitely no more than 26.

I think if we do restart it should be in September so people are mostly back and I'm open to suggestions what we watch but first lets have a roll-call of who'd be interested.

08.08.2007, 05:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm all for anything.

Something with enough material to discuss sounds like a good bet. I would say Paranoia Agent if not for the lack of viewers.

Also, discussing anime is fine, but if you realize, there's only so much to discuss on one episode without straying to outside related topics.

I.e. get one that we can relate to the outside world as well, so enough discussions can be generated.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.08.2007, 05:36 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
get one that we can relate to the outside world as well, so enough discussions can be generated.

I take it you mean not one set wholly in a fantasy setting such as Last Exile or Read or Die, but one set in the real world so the general "human condition" element can be discussed?

I'd like to see Lain again, or Saikano and Agent too (you say not many have seen that but now's our chance to get a few more people to experience the, er... experience).

08.08.2007, 05:53 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fizzy
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.04.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fizzy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Alternatively you could try a nice breezy slice-of-life show like Honey and Clover or Nodame Cantabile. Both revolve around a group of university student studying the arts (visual arts in HC and music in NC), as they try to find meaning and purpose in their lives (I guess you could say it's college version of Whisper of the Heart). There's light comedy and romance in the mix too- perfect for light viewing.

Personally I prefer Honey and Clover (as it focuses more on ones "life journey", but both are enjoyable series.
HC- 24 episodes
NC- 23 episodes

08.08.2007, 07:34 AM fizzy is offline   Profile for fizzy Add fizzy to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hm, I've had my eye on both of those, they both look good. Not seen either yet. I think the romance/social interaction theme or the more mind-bending sci-fi/horror theme but set in today's world are both suitable candidates.

Would you be interested in taking part, Fizz?

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.08.2007, 07:56 AM.

08.08.2007, 07:55 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fizzy
Alternatively you could try a nice breezy slice-of-life show like Honey and Clover or Nodame Cantabile. Both revolve around a group of university student studying the arts (visual arts in HC and music in NC), as they try to find meaning and purpose in their lives (I guess you could say it's college version of Whisper of the Heart). There's light comedy and romance in the mix too- perfect for light viewing.

Personally I prefer Honey and Clover (as it focuses more on ones "life journey", but both are enjoyable series.
HC- 24 episodes
NC- 23 episodes

Yep, I just posted about Nodame Cantabile on my site, I really love the series (both anime and the live action). I wonder if people who aren't into classical music will get bored though. I would also prefer Honey and Clover because I suppose it's more accessible, but they're both great, really.

I have not yet met a single person who didn't love Honey and Clover after watching it.

However, it's pretty long, 26 episode PLUS season two (13 episodes). But once you get hooked on it, it's hard to stop watching. I was a pure H&C addict for quite a while. I'd participate in this anime club even if I've already watched it

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.08.2007, 10:44 AM.

08.08.2007, 10:43 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Actually, Honey and Clover has two seasons, which makes a grand total of 48.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.09.2007, 12:18 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I thought it was 24 + 12?

08.09.2007, 05:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Details, details.

Anyway, the way FMwS is, I doubt HnC can survive it either. My opinion, anyway.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.09.2007, 07:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm inclined to agree, so I think we need a 12- or 13-parter to do next. No-one can claim that's too long.

08.09.2007, 08:41 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks