QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...    »  ]
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

if i know my anime, fai is voiced by the bloke who does ed elric from fma.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.27.2008, 06:59 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol yup. ._. I just happen to like him for some reason. ^^'

My other would have to be the guy who does Renton from Eureka Seven and Ichigo from Bleach's voices. ._.

Kaze- Touya's? Yeah, I'm pretty sure there. Oh, that. Yeah, I didn't quite like how they said things. But, oh well.

Eh, I think Yuki's.. I think his voice actor does Karasuma's from School Rumble. XD

01.27.2008, 09:00 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ugh, i hate karasuma, hes an idiot..and why doesnt he show expressions once in a while?!

01.27.2008, 09:10 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, I love Harima. X3 I nicknamed him Chibi Sunglasses. I like singing the opening. I was laughing so hard at the fact Tenma loves that Karasuma dude.

01.27.2008, 09:41 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

her love for that boy is almost as unfounded as sakuras love for sasuke in naruto.

01.27.2008, 10:09 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Eh, I think Tenma's is cute. :3 XD It just makes me laugh at who it is. XD But I love Harima. ^^ Heh.. I think my friend said something on one of the character's having the same voice actor as Sven from Black Cat. Was it Harima's..? I wouldn't know, I don't watch that anime. ^^' And don't remember what she said.

I have to find some series for my friend to start after she finishes buying Black Cat and Trinity Blood. No super long ones though. Hn.. I know a few. I think she'd like that Hell Girl anime, but I call it by its Japanese name because that was how I found it. ._. And she likes the comedies and other animes I have. She's gonna buy Mononoke and Laputa when she goes to HMV next time. Hey, Future Shop also has a vast majority of anime too. ._. Hn..

Shigofumi ~Stories of Last Letter~ ep 3

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei ep 9

01.28.2008, 11:33 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

thats sven alright, i knew the first time he freaked out.
they yell the same.

01.28.2008, 06:39 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

lol, ok.

Hn, I just realized my favorite pages in manga are usually guys dressed in tuxes or something with some creepy aura around them and some weird goth things near then. ._. I notice this a lot.

I should take another of my manga on the bus and randomly read the spells that are in French or something. X3

Hn, I want HOLiC second season to come out quickly. -.- Seems CLAMP likes having things come out near or soon after my birthday..

01.28.2008, 08:41 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WARNING! This post my make NO sense. And most definately will contain SAIKANO SPOILERS

I've now officially finished watching Saikano for the second time, and I think I've found out what it was about it that annoyed me so much. I'm not sure if it's something that could be specific to the version, as originally I watched the Sub, but this time around watched the dub.

There are parts of it where there is just...no emotion?
The actual story, regardless of it's farfetchedness is still quite good, and the characters are fairly believable. However some of the most important moments in the film are ruined by lack of emotion, such as the time they go back to being classmates and break-up in episode 7. If more time had been spent on the script here, where it mattered, then it wouldn't have seemed so forced. It greatly annoyed me that they make painfully stupid statements all the time too, things that people would never really say "Sure, you just killed 16,000 people, but that doesn't matter to me." being an example. That sentence was paraphrased btw.

It wasn't all bad though, the episode where Akemi confesses her feelings as she's dieing in her bed is one of my favourite moments in any anime, and even in the dub it doesn't loose it's impacts. The whole of Saikano is worth watching just for the few gems that there are in it. So i guess my summary would be that it's annoying because it's not consitently good or bad. It's got amazing bits, but some utter rubbish too. Lovable but painful.

You get the idea. This is by no means everyones cup-o-tea either, I don't think FFF or harmony would really enjoy it that much. It's a whole different kettle-o-fish to things like TRC. Not that I'm saying you only like those kind of things
Atra

01.30.2008, 11:10 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

POSSIBLE SPOILERS - though I don't think so

@ Atra, yeah I agree. I haven't seen the whole of saikano in a while, but alot of what you are saying makes sense. There are a few parts that seem lacking or forced. By no means is it perfect, but it was depressing regardless. It had its share of wtf moments. But so do most anime. I think that is why I like Elfen Lied better than Saikano as the story was a lot stronger and had fewer wtf moments.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.30.2008, 11:26 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I think I agree given a choice between the two.

Elfen Lied over Saikano. I suppose you could call Elfen Lied depressing to, but not a lot. And I actually think calling Saikano "depressing" is a much better summary than I gave. It's meant to be "sad", but fails a little and ends up just being"depressing".

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.30.2008, 12:09 PM.

01.30.2008, 12:09 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Depressing is still pretty good if that is what you are looking for. I watched the series in 3 days over youtube in horrendous quality. It was an emotional series. It really tried to work the feelings of the watcher. The success of that is debatable. But it isnt something that I would watch if i wasnt already in a sad mood.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.30.2008, 12:13 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Wiki-link:
Three OVAs are scheduled to be released in two month successions, the first of which came out on DVD on November 16th 2007 in Japan, and the next two are due in January and March 2008.
Yes I'd heard about these OVAs, in fact I've been avoiding them like the plague for fear of spoilers. Also, there was a sort of 'TRC: The Movie' released wasn't there? I don't suppose you know if it's any good do you? No spoilers please. And that's including ALL TRC spoilers.

My Anime List

01.30.2008, 07:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah, the movie I think came out before the series. ._. Or a little after. No, it won't spoil it. It's about a half hour. I don't like the animation style, but I want to buy it when it comes out in English because the HOLiC movie comes with it and I want that. @.@

01.30.2008, 07:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FINISHED TOKYO MEW MEW And I dont care what people say I enjoyed (most of it) thoroughly! It even made me cry at one point which I don't do very often, and it was overall very charming if not cheesy.

Still loved it ^^ and the ending was pretty good too.

Alright I need a new anime RECOMMENDATONS PLEASRE

02.01.2008, 03:59 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
FINISHED TOKYO MEW MEW And I dont care what people say I enjoyed (most of it) thoroughly! It even made me cry at one point which I don't do very often, and it was overall very charming if not cheesy.

Recommendations? Easy. TSUBASA CHRONICLE!!! Seriously though, I'm not saying that just because I love it and am completely obsessed with it, I really think you'd enjoy it. The characters are incredible *is a Fai fangirl* and the music is to die for. And I'm not the only one who thinks that about the music. I know at least two other Tsubasa soundtrack fans on here.

But if you're going to watch this, don't touch the English dub with a ten-foot pole, PLEASE!

My Anime List

02.01.2008, 04:13 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat

Kodocha! It's funny, crazy, and touching. Love all the characters (it's rare to find a show where almost all the characters are interesting) I can't get enough of it at the moment. I torrented the whole series and now I'm working through all 102 episodes at a blazing pace of about 6 episodes a week. Considering that it's taken me almost 2 years to watch the 14 episodes of Suzumiya Haruhi, (still not finished) I do consider it to be quite a fast pace.

Aside from that I also watched Angel's Egg the other day, and while I don't know that I should recommend it to you specifically, I recommend it to anybody who likes things like Lain, Paranoia Agent or Evangelion. Personally I loved it, but I can understand completely why people would hate it. SLOWEST PACE EVER. VERY SURREAL. ALMOST NO DIALOGUE. EXTREMELY DARK MOOD. Also the movie offers virtually no explanation for anything that you see or that happens. Personally I love this kind of stuff cause then I get to interpret it however I please. Very tough to make all of the pieces fit at once though. A lot like Lain or Paranoia Agent. Lots of meaning to be found in it though.

02.01.2008, 05:11 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Personally I didn't like Angels Egg. But at least I have a reason, of sorts. I found it quite hard to focus on the story when it wasn't driven by dialogue. You're right that there isn't much in there anyway but when the film isn't running on dialogue it's only got the "surrealness" to support itself. I like having to interperet things myself too but I like being given "nods" to at least tell me I'm going in the right direction. It would be better if the soundtrack had more "oomph" but I can at least understand why some people do like it. It's not my cup of tea anyway. I guess you could say it's a Marmite film.

As for me I've forgone my watchlist and decided to skip ahead of the whole lot and watch De Capo II. I loved the original series of this quirky little romance story and I'm liking the second series alot. The fact it's set 53 years in the future and yet the characters have the same names is a little un-nerving, but hey, I can like with it.

And for a recommendation....Hmmmm. Tsubasa is good, I'll admit that, but I can still think of better things. Possibly OHSHC as it made me laugh the hardest I had done in ages, so if you've not seen that please do so. If not then ....hmmm. How about Lucky star, if you can survive the first episode (by far the worst of the series) then the whole thing is genius.

02.01.2008, 08:16 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Paradise Kiss...I have the DVDs, have yet to watch them. Bought them on an impulse because I remembered some pretty pictures from this series. *sigh, yes...I'm such a spendthrift*

Does anyone know if it's actually any good?

02.02.2008, 03:23 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm pretty sure NCs already seen OHSHC. *pick Tsubasa NC! pick Tsubasa, pick Tsubasa!*

My Anime List

02.02.2008, 05:27 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks