QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - How long do you are Ghibli fan ?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions How long do you are Ghibli fan ? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
ToRoToRo
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.18.05
  How long do you are Ghibli fan ?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ToRoToRo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am a Ghibli fan only 2 years. But I very very love ghibli very much !! Especialy Mononoke Hime.

How about you ?

Post last edited by ToRoToRo on 08.19.2005, 10:23 AM.

08.19.2005, 10:22 AM ToRoToRo is offline   Profile for ToRoToRo Add ToRoToRo to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My first contact with Ghibli started when I was two or three years old. I am not sure if it was Laputa or Nausicaa. Anyway my family brought me to watch the film in a theatre, but I could remember none of the details.

When I was a child, I enjoyed watching the Ghibli films broadcasted on TV in the weekends and the holidays. Yet it was not until about a year ago that I started to be seriously interested in the Miyazaki stuff and become addicted. By then I realized that I had become a Ghibli fan. 8]

08.21.2005, 02:19 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.09.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by howl_chan_wa_kawaii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghibli Fan
--> 6 years or so.

Ghibli Artist Defender - Pirate/Bootlegger/Crook Fighter
--> 2 months.

Desensitized by mainstream Hollywood Movies (i.e. never shed a tear for anything)
--> since I was, erm... 6 years old?

Crying sobbing mass of jelly, rediscovered sensitivity - since Chihiro remembers Haku's real name and she lets go of his hand when they part ways.
--> 3 years

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

-- Why did Chihiro have to let go of Haku's hand? Why Chihiro do you make me cry buckets of tears?... sob--

Please report pirated Ghibli/Disney products: tips@disneyantipiracy.com or the confidential Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300.
Please protect Mr. Miyazaki's works.

My Howl's MC viewing addiction - final theatre count: 11 showings

Post last edited by howl_chan_wa_kawaii on 08.22.2005, 02:44 AM.

08.22.2005, 02:43 AM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Darren
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.22.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Darren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have been a Ghibli Fan for about 1 month

The funny thing is, I saw all these films in the time frame of 1 month (By the way, they are in order of preference)

1) Laputa: Castle in the Sky + Grave of the Fireflies
2) Princess Mononoke
3) Spirited Away
4) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
5) My Neighbour Totoro
6) Howl's Moving Castle

Well, actually, 7 Ghibli Films in 1 month isn't quite a lot. But I am content. Because Ghibli Films are always great to watch over and over again.

08.22.2005, 09:30 PM Darren is offline   Profile for Darren Add Darren to your buddy list Homepage of Darren AIM Screenname: Private Message Me YIM Screenname: None
OYM Angel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.12.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OYM Angel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been a fan since 1998, when 'Kiki's Delivery Service' was first released here in America. I then found the book 'Hayao Miyazaki: Master of Japanese Animation' by Helen Macarthy (I HIGHLY recommend this book, it is very informative. Note: It was released in 1999, so you learn a little bit about 'Spirited Away')

I then bought a copy of 'My Neighbor Totoro' and later, 'Princess Mononoke'.

I now have all these films on DVD, minus 'Totoro' and still have to get 'Pom Poko' and 'My Neighbors the Yamadas'.

Ghibli rocks.

08.24.2005, 05:35 PM OYM Angel is offline   Profile for OYM Angel Add OYM Angel to your buddy list
FLCL
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.25.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FLCL Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

About 8 years I think.

08.25.2005, 08:06 AM FLCL is offline   Profile for FLCL Add FLCL to your buddy list
Tsuko
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.29.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tsuko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, most of you people have been fans for so long time. I could only say almost 1 year.

--------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

04.30.2007, 02:07 PM Tsuko is offline   Profile for Tsuko Add Tsuko to your buddy list Send an Email to Tsuko
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Since 2001, when Spirited Away arrived at my shores.

Got a bootlegged VCD Ghibli set, was how I acquainted myself with all previous ghiblis except Yamadas, which remains to be the only ghibli movie I haven't seen besides Gedo Senki.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.01.2007, 07:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Lupin
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well since 2003 when spirited away came out in the UK so im a 4 year old ghibli fan!!!

05.01.2007, 11:54 AM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just over 2 years for me, it was spirited away which turnd me into a fan

05.01.2007, 12:24 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

soemwhere around 4 years, after i saw 10 min of mononoke.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.01.2007, 12:38 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't remember exactly. I saw Spirited Away about 3 years ago, but it wasn't until I saw Princess Mononoke that I was interested in seeing other Ghiblis.

05.01.2007, 12:41 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Moroko
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Moroko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I saw my first Ghibli when I was nine
so that was seven years ago, but I didn't even
know the word anime existed when I was nine.
I didn't really start to follow Ghibli films until about
three years ago when I saw Princess Mononoke.

quote:
Once you accept that all the matter in the universe can be compressed to the size of a push pin, it isn't hard to wear stripes with plad.
Albert Einstine

A distraction

05.01.2007, 09:17 PM Moroko is offline   Profile for Moroko Add Moroko to your buddy list
Haru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Haru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm...i've been a fan about 5 years or so, when I saw Kiki's Delivery Service on Toon Disney. I was flipping through the channels one day and thought it looked interesting, and was hooked right away.

I then did research on it, and discovered the rest of the Ghibli films soon after.

05.03.2007, 04:13 AM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
tamasaburo
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tamasaburo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

aboutthree years after watching laputa

05.03.2007, 05:41 AM tamasaburo is offline   Profile for tamasaburo Add tamasaburo to your buddy list Send an Email to tamasaburo Homepage of tamasaburo
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, depends. When I got Kiki(I was four)and have kept it.
Then I went all happy when I found two other movies by the same company.(it was either age nine or ten. It was the same year I called my uncle who's dead pregnant.)
So, I'm thirteen now, and got really into the Ghibli thing the week before my 12th birthday.(that was also the same time I got into anime. So, really, it's only been a year of fully liking anime, even though my favorite shows were all anime when I was little.)

05.03.2007, 09:06 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been a fan since 12th September 2003, the opening day of Spirited Away in the UK!

05.03.2007, 06:02 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1998. The University days.

First I saw "Laputa" and I was intrigued because I'd been reading "Gulliver's Travels" at the time. Then I saw "Whispers" and and "GOTF" and both were such a departure from the usual anime that it was brilliant.

Oh yeah, and then "Mononoke" had the best visuals!

I saw "Sen to Chihiro" in 2001 when I first moved to Japan and it was on at the cinema. And I enjoyed that too. And in Japan I started collecting Ghibli DVDs.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

05.04.2007, 03:02 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro_spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ever since spirited away first came out in america. i missed it in theaters, but my grandma kept telling me how good it was supposed to be. since spirit stallion of the cimmeron came out at around the same time, i thought she was talking about that. then when i was flipping through pay-per-veiw one day at my nana's house, i saw spirited away understood what my grandma had said and was transfixed. my nana hated the movie. she thought all the spirits and humans turning into pigs were way to much. (she prefers tv land reruns.)
then i collected laputa and forced some of my friends to watch it. they said they liked it but i think they were lying.

05.05.2007, 09:47 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
hrrmm..
4 years probably.. although, spirited away was released in 2001, so before that.
Only seriously since 2002 though, and only very seriously since 2004.

btw. FLCL I like your sig!
And of course your nick, as FLCL is one of my (if not my) favourite anime...
Bloody awesome!

05.05.2007, 01:32 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks