QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ponyo new theme song.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ponyo new theme song. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.06.09
  Ponyo new theme song.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by lilusagi12 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wanna know how many people HATE dare I say LOVE the new theme. I personally hate it. Their making Noah the new Miley and the song is TECHNO! and it's CATCHY!.... then again that's why they changed it the original on is'nt as catchy...

08.07.2009, 08:48 PM lilusagi12 is offline   Profile for lilusagi12 Add lilusagi12 to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh god. XD Guess I might just watch the Japanese version on it.

My sister will freak.

08.07.2009, 09:17 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm partial to the original Japanese version becasue it's soo cute! But, I hate to admit it... the english version has grown on me in the past few hours. I listened to it once and it got stuck in my head for the rest of the day! It's just so darn... catchy! And I hate it! Does that even make sense? I like it and despise it at the same time... Mostly despise it. AAAUGHHH, CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GET THE SONG OUT OF MY HEAD?!?!?!?! I mean, the Japanese version got stuck in my head, too, but I didnt mind that because it was adorable... but this...

I made my little sister listen to the song. She was like, "Aww, those kids are so cute! Noah is trying to be her big sister, though you can tell. But that song makes me want to dance!" so she danced around the room to the song. Freakiest sight ever. I never thought I'd see the day when my sis would be dancing to Ponyo, lol.

Hmm...
Linkful link to the music so others can have their ears tortured: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bYDtPcRMlg

Post last edited by animekittynya on 08.07.2009, 10:01 PM.

08.07.2009, 09:41 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
phenolphthalein
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.30.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by phenolphthalein Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i just found it funny how bad the singing was.....the song didn't get stuck in my head, hated it too much.

08.07.2009, 10:43 PM phenolphthalein is offline   Profile for phenolphthalein Add phenolphthalein to your buddy list
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's catchy, yes, but that's only because it has the same tune as the original which was so catchy. The cheesy chanting and ultra-electronic voices ruined it for me.

08.07.2009, 10:44 PM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
DreamSequencer
Warawara

Registration Date: 04.22.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DreamSequencer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I vomited when I heard that song, I need some metal now!
I haven't seen the Japanese version of the movie yet, but I didn't really like either of the two theme songs.

Westernisation has reached its peak, ladies and gentlemen, which is why I much prefer the older Ghibli films.

@Hatazaki: Autotune is an abomination to music. Urgh.

Post last edited by DreamSequencer on 08.08.2009, 02:03 AM.

08.08.2009, 02:01 AM DreamSequencer is offline   Profile for DreamSequencer Add DreamSequencer to your buddy list Homepage of DreamSequencer
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I disliked it when I first heard it, and no, it hasn't grown on me. It doesn't possess anything that the original didn't, it just took the original and completely destroyed it. It's very sad that they thought that the audiences would only like the song if it was changed this way.

Of course, I didn't even like the original too much, so I can only be happy that "Sampo" from Totoro wasn't turned into a techno or hip hop song.

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.08.2009, 02:34 AM.

08.08.2009, 02:32 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Woah, this really is dreadful.

Clicky

08.08.2009, 09:24 AM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
CHAOS STEP
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.22.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by CHAOS STEP Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, there you go, typical Disney ruining Studio Ghibli stuff.

That song is an absolute abortion, I'm having second thoughts at seeing it at the cinema now (not that we have had release dates for the UK yet).

Where the hell is John Lassiter? Thought with him at the helm of Disney they would keep it as original as possible.

The English versions of Totoro weren't that bad because they simply made similar English lyrics, but this is just utter tripe, Jesus!

Think I'll just buy the Japanese DVD now, like I always do.

08.09.2009, 01:54 PM CHAOS STEP is offline   Profile for CHAOS STEP Add CHAOS STEP to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm really, really afraid that Miyazaki will hear this and have a heart attack and die.

08.10.2009, 12:31 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
DreamSequencer
Warawara

Registration Date: 04.22.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DreamSequencer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As much as I hate the song, I still really want to see the movie in cinema, so I'll have to put up with it...

08.10.2009, 12:44 AM DreamSequencer is offline   Profile for DreamSequencer Add DreamSequencer to your buddy list Homepage of DreamSequencer
Artoo
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Artoo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*Pours bleach into ears*

oh no, I can still hear it in my mind. Please make the bad noise stop.

08.10.2009, 05:54 PM Artoo is offline   Profile for Artoo Add Artoo to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My ears hurt so badly! I think I should just lay down and die. They ruined it!!! Especially by adding all the annoying voice effects. Ugh...*sigh* Disney just has to ruin studio ghibli all the time, dosen't it...

Check out my music:

09.02.2009, 08:10 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I cannot BELIEVE that they did this to the Ponyo song. It was just kinda... awful and depressing and downright sad.

09.03.2009, 04:02 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's seriously the most TERRIBLE thing I've ever heard, EVER! I made another thread on this on the other discussion board, and once again, I'm gonna have to say how much Disney have ruined Ponyo, and how they're brainwashing so many people with these damn jonas's and cyrus's! Seriously, what is up with Disney? Where is the originality they once had? Since High School Musical, everything has been going down the drain...

09.04.2009, 01:54 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OMG This song is terrible!!! It makes me wanna cry...they sing like they are totally bored...the Japanese version and EVEN the DUTCH version is so much better! Poor Miyazaki, they destroyed the charming sound of the original song completely.

I feel very bad for all of you who only can see the English version in the cinema..

Post last edited by Kemi on 10.28.2009, 07:56 AM.

10.28.2009, 07:55 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have listened to the song a couple of times and-dare I say-I actually like it, alot.

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.
=================================================

10.28.2009, 06:57 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
tngjstn
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.02.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tngjstn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No offense, but I feel the remix is fine.

01.02.2011, 06:47 PM tngjstn is offline   Profile for tngjstn Add tngjstn to your buddy list Send an Email to tngjstn
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Didn't care for the original, wouldn't care for the rewrite.

So, unaffected But I recommend Eminem to get rid of the earworm, btw.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.02.2011, 11:54 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks