QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - My mum and Laputa
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » My mum and Laputa » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  My mum and Laputa Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I made this CD of my favourite tunes from Ghibli films, and had the Laputa theme on. On the way home from school, we were listening to the theme, and suddenly:

Mum: This is beautiful...where is it from?
Me: er...Laputa.
Mum: really? wow. Maybe I should watch that.
Me: O_O....*faints* (not really)

I've already made Mum watch Porco Rosso, TCR, Spirited Away and Only Yesterday, but I was pretty surprised by this comment. So, earlier today, we sat down and watched Laputa, and she loved it!

The good thing is she's getting me Nausicaa, Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbour Totoro for Christmas

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

11.25.2006, 12:36 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Erm, TCR...Is that..
I don't need to force my mom to
watch them. In fact, she's watched these:
Spirited Away
Laputa
Kiki(I think)
Grave of the Fireflies
The Cat Returns
I've watched the rest on my own, and my
mom loves Whisper of the Heart.
She's trying to get me the box set, and she
went to a store and said she found my soulmate..
That scared me due to his discription and that he pushed
the store lady outta the way when mom asked a
question on Ghibli box sets..Scary, dude! I screamed
and cowered in fear!

11.25.2006, 01:11 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
wtf are you on about? your soulmate?
my dad has watched these:
Cagliostro
Nausicaä (not all of it)
Totoro
Laputa
Kiki´s
Porco (his fave, I think)
Mononoke
SA
Howl´s
i think thats it...
I was gonna make him watch WOTH, but I dont think hell like it.
What marvels him most are the drawings. _He always says beutifully drawn, and aim like : yeah, but what about THE MOVIE?

11.25.2006, 01:31 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's a great story Freyarule, well done. Keep spreading the word!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.25.2006, 01:37 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sweet! my dad has only seen howl's moving castle.. my mom isn't into it..

11.25.2006, 01:40 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well my Dad watched Porco Rosso and enjoyed it (even though he feel asleep through one of my fave bits, the flashback to the war) but my mum really enjoys it now, so I don't make her nowadays. She'll probably watch My Neighbour Totoro and Nausicaa with me when I get them

And yes, FFF, TCR is indeed the Cat Returns, which she said was very amusing. So random humour runs in the family!

11.25.2006, 01:51 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i would love to get them into it but i don't think they would be into it.

11.25.2006, 01:54 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
my moms not really into it, but my bros like it too

11.25.2006, 02:03 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Freyarule
Totoro

Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My bro watched them with me when they were on TV, but he doesn't want to watch any with me anymore ;_;

11.25.2006, 02:15 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Cujo
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.21.06
  Search for Posts by Cujo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My mom and my stepdad dont like anime films. And my bro is teasing me for them all the time...
Ahh, my family hates me

11.25.2006, 02:58 PM Cujo is offline   Profile for Cujo Add Cujo to your buddy list Send an Email to Cujo
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wanna soundtrack of all the movies! Tchhhaaaaaah!

My mum was wtahcin P.Mononoke with me and was startin 2 get into it but then my bro turned it off. Me, my brothers r really into anime in general

11.25.2006, 03:16 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

There is a site where you can get the soundtrack of all the Ghibli films (well, most of them anyway ) but I forget the URL... think JRR knows it more than I do

11.25.2006, 03:33 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yey! What is it??!?!?!

Frey, u cant let me down like this THINK! THINK!!!! he he he soz

11.25.2006, 03:38 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can get ANYONE into anime with..*weird reason's that
need not be said*..
I know where you can get all the sound tracks for
them:
www.toysnjoys.com
Go under the ghibli section to find them. Even the Gedo Senki
CD is on there! Under something else though.

11.25.2006, 03:41 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
yey! What is it??!?!?!

Frey, u cant let me down like this THINK! THINK!!!! he he he soz

I know it very well, yes sir!
here it is:
http://gh.ffshrine.org/
click on mp3s on the right, and off you go..
You have to click on the songs, and do righ click, save as....
They have loadsa manga comics aswell!!!
i recommend Yakitate japan which is like the most ridiculous series ever..
They have soooo mayn soundtracks, although I realised that they only have Mononoke Symphony and not original.
Apart from that, Hisaishi´s inner mind is yours - FOR FREE!

WOOT WOOT!! OSTRAS! Barcelona just beat Villareal 4-0 and they are like ACE!!!! First in the league.. lets hope madrid loses to Valencia tomorrow..
EDIT: was looking at the summary of the match!! HOLY FUCK!
Iniesta jumps and volleys it in for a 3-0, and then RONALDINHO (of course) overhead kick into the top corner.. Xavi lobs it to him, hes chest it up, and without turning or anything does an overhead kick into the top corner!! WAWAWIWA!!!!
anyways, will post it when it comes out on youtube!
Thats why hes best player inda world!

Post last edited by Loscil on 11.25.2006, 05:11 PM.

11.25.2006, 04:57 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

???
I love that Yakitate Japan! due to JRR sending me
the FMA manga online. That's soo funny!
Oh, god, now that stupid Barbie Girl song is
stuck in my head..um, I was singing the Ken and
Barb..why am I posting this? That's comfidential
information!
Still, I think there's somewhere else for the music..
if it comes to where to buy Ghibli stuff for the
best prices, I guess I'm the one cause I plan
a list every year for that stuff..

11.25.2006, 05:22 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

yO!
if youve been reading it on that website i gave you for FMA, look it up on the one I put above. You have to downlaoad it, but they have it up to vol 13 which is very far..
And its sooo crazy. He actually makes a bread that changes history!

Still cant believe Ronaldinho´s overhead kick.. Cant wait to see it againa on youtube.

11.25.2006, 06:09 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

So, it's a series also? Cool!

11.25.2006, 06:20 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!
what do you mean? anime?
yes there is also an anime, have seen 8 eps, but manga is better.
Glabadia Hotel, the link is "upstairs" you can read the scanlations of the manga that are very advanced!
Have fun, that manga is sooo funny!
btw: if you wanna read something visually stunning, download the blame! manga, that is ace.

about the overhead kick (still cant believe it ):
message to SanFan: these are the moments when non-believers like you simply bow to the beauty of FOOTBALL!!! (sorry i got carried away there, if it sounded rude, forgive me... its still true though )

11.25.2006, 06:27 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
nanafan
Totoro

there's a lot on that site if i could i would dl all ghibli soundtracks..but can only do one song at a time..

11.25.2006, 08:48 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks