QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Studio Ghibli's "The Art of...." Series
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Studio Ghibli's "The Art of...." Series » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Studio Ghibli's "The Art of...." SeriesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know where I can find "The Art of...." books in English? You know, like The Art of My Neighbor Totoro, The Art of Kiki's Delivery Service, ect. I can find some of them on Amazon, but others, like Nausicaa for instance, are nowhere to be found. I realize that they are out of print, but they have to be sold somewhere.

07.06.2011, 08:01 PM  
mubay
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.06.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mubay Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now that i think about it.... I haven't been able to find any English version of those, I got the Japanese version during one of my trips to Akihabara *-*

I also got some Ghibli stuff all the way to my house in Mexico from this site www.cooljapangoods.com

So I tried asking them if they could find "The art of Nausicaa" art-book (14 hours ago), and for my surprise, they found not one but TWO of them:

This is the first one (also the one I own) ^^:

http://www.cooljapangoods.com/the-art-of...7_408-1308.html

Now. This is a newer version (Maybe different? o.o):

http://www.cooljapangoods.com/the-art-of...7_408-1309.html

The second one also have more pages (207) and its a little bigger (in terms of size-of-page)

They are both IN Japanese, so I guess this was not what you were looking for, I hope it helps a bit if not, you can always be more specific on the request ^^;

Enjoy~

Post last edited by mubay on 07.07.2011, 03:35 AM.

07.07.2011, 03:34 AM mubay is offline   Profile for mubay Add mubay to your buddy list
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some years ago (2 or 3) I bought two books from Amazon: The art of Spirited Away
and Nausicaa (Watercolor). Everything ok (and I live in Argentina...)

Post last edited by leonbloy on 07.07.2011, 08:06 AM.

07.07.2011, 08:05 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've rented the Nausicaa watercolor book in english from the library. It was gorgeous

07.07.2011, 09:32 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The first book mubay posted is the one I'm looking for, but I was hoping for an English copy. I can easily import the Japanese one, but the English version is nowhere to be found!

EDIT: Just to clarify, the Watercolour one is not part of "The Art of...." series, and it is readily available in English on Amazon. I've seen pictures of it and it looks beautiful.

Post last edited by on 07.07.2011, 10:50 AM.

07.07.2011, 10:48 AM  
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Come to think of it my Art of Nausicaa is in Japanese, too. I don't think it's been translated.

07.07.2011, 12:52 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have The Art of Ponyo, so beautifull. I got it from Borders, not too bad of a price. They also had The Art of Spirited Away, but that was too expensive for me. Ha ha now though all Borders here are being shut down!

In Australia, Madman releases the books here, the same company who does the dvds.

07.10.2011, 08:59 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
dancer42
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.26.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dancer42 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i realize this may be late but you might trie this ling

http://www.animecastle.com/p-125480-naus...f-art-book.aspx

07.26.2011, 10:04 PM dancer42 is offline   Profile for dancer42 Add dancer42 to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OH MY GOSH I WANT THE NAUSICAA AND TOTORO ONES!!!!

08.02.2011, 12:00 AM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks