QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Ultimate Ghibli Poll
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » The Ultimate Ghibli Poll » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  ]
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the reply! Definately going to check out 'The girl who leapt through time' and 'Millenium actress'. I dont know about 'grave' or 'distant star' yet, maybe i'll see them too.

Thanks for helping! (:

10.24.2010, 10:31 AM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome animenewbie...

another one you might like is "5cm per Second" and although (as arren says) it a bit out there, you might try "Tokya Godfathers"

You might also check out the 'What are you watching' thread in the Anime Descussion site... that is where I have gotten many of my suggestions... go back as far as you wish as there are many posted by the members.

Again, Welcome to the Tavern..

You might post an introduction in the General Discussion site to let others know who you are...

Enjoy...

10.24.2010, 11:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
laazd,
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.27.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by laazd, Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1 : my neighbour totoro -
it's my number one because i feel like it has a really good story
and no matter how old you are you'll have so much fun watching
it. i know that whoever i watch it with falls in love with it and we always get giddy.
i also collect a lot of totoro items. i have notebooks, pencil cases,
key chains, stuffed animals , slippers , socks , pillows , towels , phone charms .. etc.

2 : kiki's delivery service -
this was the first studio ghibli movie that i ever watched. i watched
it when i was so young, so young that i can barely remember
anything but i remember watching this movie. it just has such a good story.
i mean , who wouldnt wanna get on a broom stick and leave home to go live
alone with their cat while helping others. ( i named my black cat JiJi )

3. howl's moving castle -
it's just amazing!!! you have to watch it to understand. it's my
boyfriends favorite movie and he always wants to watch it with
me because i own it. he asks me to bring it over all the time!

4. laputa : castle in the sky -
i watched this movie in class when i was in grade 4. i remember
all the kids being snobby and not liking it because they had to
read the subtitles, they were all being loud and talking while i
sat there and didn't move my eyes from the screen. not even once.

5. grave of the fireflies -
i watched this movie not too long ago. my boyfriends mom who
knew i loved ghibli movies gave it to me and i never saw it but my
boyfriend had. him & his mom gave me the best advice
that i now give people when i lend it out: KEEP A TISSUE
BOX CLOSE! i can't say that i relate to this movie but because i have a
older brother i love him so much more after watching this, especially because he looks out for me and cares for me so much.

i wish i could have picked ponyo ... if you can't tell ... it's one of my all time faaaaaaaaaaaves !!!!

10.27.2010, 11:58 PM laazd, is offline   Profile for laazd, Add laazd, to your buddy list
me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.27.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by me!!!!!!!!!!!! Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hello! here r my top five

1 spirited away (easily number1!)

2 Laputa

3 Howl's moving Castle

4 Earthsea (this does NOt have enough votes)

5 Kiki's Delivery Service

11.27.2010, 11:11 AM me!!!!!!!!!!!! is offline   Profile for me!!!!!!!!!!!! Add me!!!!!!!!!!!! to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello me!!!!!!!!!!!! and welcome to the tavern! I wish you like it here (: If you want, you can make a new thread over in general discussion and introduce yourself in there

And nice list you got there! Agree with earthsea, not enough votes

Post last edited by Animenewbie on 11.27.2010, 06:00 PM.

11.27.2010, 05:57 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, me!!!!!!, Welcome to the Tavern...

You might, as animenewbie suggests, go over to the General Discussion area and post a thread introducing yourself...

Things are a mite slow right now, but feel free to jump right in and post, post, post... lol

Again, Welcome...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.28.2010, 05:04 AM.

11.28.2010, 05:03 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Michela
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.05.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Michela Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone =D

Here are my top 5

1. Spirited Away- Because it was the first Ghibli movie I saw, and It changed my life. No words can describe how I felt after I saw this movie.
2. Howl's Moving Castle- I absolutely love this movie! I watch it more then any other.
3.Whisper of The Heart
4. Princess Mononoke
5.Laputa : castle in the sky

Post last edited by Michela on 12.05.2010, 11:48 PM.

12.05.2010, 08:20 PM Michela is offline   Profile for Michela Add Michela to your buddy list
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks