QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Most moving scene in a Ghibli Film
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Most moving scene in a Ghibli Film » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]
azumangas
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.26.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by azumangas Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow... tough question.

Well, first, here's a couple I can't leave unmentioned:

My Neighbour Tortoro - when the younger girl first meets Tortoro and sleeps on him.
Princess Mononoke - When Ashitaka first sees the stag (sorry not 100% sure what it was) walk through the trees in the forest.
Grave of the Fireflies - The ending (enough said).
I know there are others, but I can't think of them right now...

But the winner would have to go to the train scene in Spirited Away. Amazing. Not only the most moving scene in a Ghibli film, but possibly the most I've witnessed in any film.

Post last edited by azumangas on 04.14.2009, 08:52 AM.

04.14.2009, 08:27 AM azumangas is offline   Profile for azumangas Add azumangas to your buddy list
flavius brutus
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.21.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by flavius brutus Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think from the few i have watched these are the moments

naussica: now i have thought abot this and finally found the part that moved me the most which is where nausicaa is walking across the ohms (i think thats there name can remeber exactly) golden tentacles and the old woman rembers the prophecie of the person clothed in blue with the music its immense in my eyes

porco rosso: it has to be where he telling the story to the girl and the bit where you see the planes and there pilots floating up to join the millions of other ones that moves me so much i think about it deeply

howls moving castle:
it has to be at the end where the castles flying macel and the dog are playing and sophie and howl at the top kissing i think that is one of my favorite and most moving part from the ghibli i have watched so far and that surprises myself becasue im into action stuff

princess monoke
it has to be where the boars are charging i love a good charge against guns but that one moved me so much for saying its like action part

Post last edited by flavius brutus on 04.23.2009, 11:18 AM.

04.23.2009, 11:16 AM flavius brutus is offline   Profile for flavius brutus Add flavius brutus to your buddy list
DreamSequencer
Warawara

Registration Date: 04.22.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DreamSequencer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nausicaa: a) When she dies, is resurrected, and Obaba realises that, yes, Nausicaa is JESUS!
b) When she is crying over the baby Ohm, and his blood is staining her clothes.
c)

Grave of the Fireflies: Um, the whole movie?
But the part when Setsuko says
"Why do fireflies have to die so soon?" really touched me.

04.23.2009, 09:00 PM DreamSequencer is offline   Profile for DreamSequencer Add DreamSequencer to your buddy list Homepage of DreamSequencer
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For me, it wasn't just one scene, it was the whole film...
"Grave of the Fireflies"...

I was bawling like a baby almost... I couldn't stop the tears... I've explained my reasons before, but I cannot bring myself to watch this again. I just can't!

Maybe, sometime in the future, I might, but just thinking about it and my eyes are starting to well up even as I type this little bit.

04.24.2009, 09:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
DreamSequencer
Warawara

Registration Date: 04.22.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DreamSequencer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know how you feel, it's been about 4 years since I last watched Grave of the Fireflies, it's a masterpiece, but I know that I'll just cry and get into one of my anti-war moods.

04.26.2009, 02:01 AM DreamSequencer is offline   Profile for DreamSequencer Add DreamSequencer to your buddy list Homepage of DreamSequencer
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For me, it's the part where little Setsuko dies in Grave of the Fireflies just when Seita finally could buy some food for her. It was so sad, absolutely the most moving film of Ghibli...

And in Howl's Moving Castle I think it's the most moving scene when Sophie looks at little Howl giving his heart away and put it in the demon Calcifer.

Post last edited by Kemi on 05.28.2009, 12:33 PM.

05.28.2009, 12:33 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
reecetard
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by reecetard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with Lupin that the train scene in Spirited away is oddly moving

But Grave of the fireflies takes it
The scene where the girl is hallucinating, and there is a black out, and sheeta just says, 'and thats the last time she spoke' or whatever. Oh my lord
x

~ No matter how many weapons you may have ~
~ No matter how great your technology may be ~
~ The world cannot live without love ~

06.02.2009, 02:55 PM reecetard is offline   Profile for reecetard Add reecetard to your buddy list Homepage of reecetard
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

NOTE:
I'm not a MOD, but the one problem with a thread of this sort is the spoilers that are given that may mess it up for the people who have not seen the film...(yeah, I know, but there ARE a FEW of them out there still)

please, PLEASE, watch how you refer to certain scenes...

I have been lucky enough to have seen them all (mostly) so I am not affected by them (spoilers), but others may....

thank you...

Husky

06.02.2009, 08:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Someone who is afraid of spoilers probably should not open a thread called "most moving scene in a Ghibli film".

06.03.2009, 08:55 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True. Roarkiller could you add a spoilers warning to the thread title?

06.04.2009, 04:35 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Liaam :)
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.16.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Liaam :) Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, theres quite a few actually..

First of, im extremely surprised barely anyone has mentioned about Laputa: Castle in the skyy !!! Near the end, Lusheeta Tu el ur laputa (mwuahahha ) says this one quote- I can't exactly remember it, but it says something a long the line of "No matter how many weapons you have, no matter how good your technology maybe, you can't live without love" Theres a few other parts before the spell of distruction part aswell that really touched me. The music also sets the scenes perfectly in that movie.

And of course, Grave Of The Fireflies. The whole film basicly. It was so powerful, and i'll be honest, the only movie I've ever cried at. Its absoloutly heart breaking, one of the greatest anti- war films ever.
On that note, anyone else noticed loads of Ghibli films have anti war messages in them? Princess Mononoke, Laputa, Nausicaa, etc etc.

04.17.2010, 06:33 AM Liaam :) is offline   Profile for Liaam :) Add Liaam :) to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Sorry, not telling.
Liaam :)
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.16.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Liaam :) Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omg, i forgot to mention the fight seen in Princess Mononoke, Where San and Lady Eboshi (dont think I spelt it right??) start the fight and Ashitaka stops it and the woman shoots him, yet he still keeps on going. I've always loved that scene

04.17.2010, 06:36 AM Liaam :) is offline   Profile for Liaam :) Add Liaam :) to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Sorry, not telling.
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The last ten minutes or so of 'Only Yesterday'. Nuff said.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.17.2010, 09:08 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
maggie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.25.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, when the Ohmu revive Nausicaa, I always tear up. Also, when they show the plant sprouting under the toxic jungle after the credits; I always start to cry when I see that...

Nausicaa is a movie that just really moves me overall. Maybe its because I myself really love insects and am saddened by how much people hurt the environment with their negligence

04.18.2010, 01:52 AM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
The last ten minutes or so of 'Only Yesterday'. Nuff said.

Make it four minutes (the ending credits).
The most emotional, most moving scene in a Ghibli film, for me, hands down.

04.18.2010, 05:15 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
husky51
The Old Guy

even though I know beforehand what is going to happen and what is going to be said, I love the final scene of WotH with Seiji and Shizuku looking at the sunrise... my eyes always start to tear up...

04.19.2010, 01:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One of the most moving seens to me would have to be at the end of Spirited Away when Chihiro says farwell to everyone and meets back up with her parents and then she's okay with going to a new place. Good farwells always get to me :')

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.

04.19.2010, 11:52 AM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by GhibStuFan
One of the most moving seens to me would have to be at the end of Spirited Away when Chihiro says farwell to everyone and meets back up with her parents and then she's okay with going to a new place. Good farwells always get to me :')

I cried! Well it was really just tears welling up, but still. Not many movies can do that to me, and only one other ghibli movie did that, and it's not a very happy one.

Also the reason I love Hisaishi. That rendition was just sigh-able (is this a word?)

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.20.2010, 10:40 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know! I'm welling up just thinking about it!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.

04.20.2010, 12:07 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
Jin
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.08.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When Sophie was turned into...you know what.

05.08.2010, 09:24 AM Jin is offline   Profile for Jin Add Jin to your buddy list
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks