QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Sub or Dub???
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Sub or Dub??? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  ]
Riotmon
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.05.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Riotmon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched subbed for alot of the time when i started out, with bleach and naruto.
Now i don't know if its just me, but because i was reading it and watching a lot, i sometimes accidentally replied to someone with the Japanese translation, only a word or so, but still without thinking it came out o.O

Or the worst one was, when i went into my local Chinese they were all talking away, and i looked down for subtitles and got confused when i didn't see any, now that was bad...i then moved to dubbed.

i Do prefer dubbed now but sometimes the translation is a little off and it turns into another meaning.

11.08.2009, 05:33 PM Riotmon is offline   Profile for Riotmon Add Riotmon to your buddy list Send an Email to Riotmon
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Always subbed.

11.12.2009, 03:17 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
HayaoMiyazaki1996
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.15.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HayaoMiyazaki1996 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I prefer subtitled. I like to watch the real dialogue instead of the altered dub.

12.15.2009, 10:01 PM HayaoMiyazaki1996 is offline   Profile for HayaoMiyazaki1996 Add HayaoMiyazaki1996 to your buddy list
cellofortist
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.23.10
  subtitlesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by cellofortist Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sub definitely.
I find English kind of out of place and incongruous with Miyazaki movies, and I find Japanese an inherently beautiful sounding language. Subtitles pwn.

08.23.2010, 10:55 AM cellofortist is offline   Profile for cellofortist Add cellofortist to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks