QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - howls moving castle
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » howls moving castle » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

....wait,you got stepped on your face by a horse before seeing howl too?

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.04.2008, 05:51 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
....wait,you got stepped on your face by a horse before seeing howl too?

No, ^_^" that part didn't happen, I was just saying that it was Howl that got me into anime too.

01.04.2008, 06:31 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

...oh.
well your no fun!
just kidding!

01.04.2008, 06:34 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Spawned_Fighter
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Spawned_Fighter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i loved the movie.

01.09.2008, 05:13 PM Spawned_Fighter is offline   Profile for Spawned_Fighter Add Spawned_Fighter to your buddy list Send an Email to Spawned_Fighter Homepage of Spawned_Fighter
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just re-bought the DVD of this after losing my original copy. Great film i think Howl's such an amazing charachter. But probably since he can be so daft and vain, for some reason i find this incredibly endearing (Which is probably why i like Ayame from FB so much and Tamaki from OHSHC).

01.13.2008, 06:44 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

in real life, narcissists are evil, but in anime theyre cute.
odd.

01.13.2008, 07:06 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think its because even though some people wont admit it, it is NICE to look at pretty anime people, more so than ugly ones tbh. So that as long as there pretty you dont mind them being vain because in your head your like: I Agree!! Your So Cute

Well thats my theory at least.

01.13.2008, 07:07 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

thats why bishies rock, i beleive.
they be pretty.

01.13.2008, 07:09 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmmm, I experience something different every time I watch this film, ranging from hating it with a vengance too shouting it's praises.

The first time I saw it my opinion was rooted with most of you guys in this thread: "It was entertaining and well made, but the story felt bodged together". I didn't like the way everything happened right near the end, I'm all for a build up and a climax in a story but in this case it felt like i was having it rammed down my throat.

The second time I saw it I'd done some online reading (wiki and the like) so i understood the story a lot more, soit was far easier to follow. I still wouldn't have said it flowed, but it didn't feel like the disjointed movie I'd watched before. I felt the background characters took on more significance the 2nd time around too (someone else mentioned this) and that really helped me enjoy the film more.

I think to date I've seen HMC 5 times, and I generally stand on the side of the fence that says "Yes it's a good film, but Ghibli have produced better". It's a significant step up from the comparative simplicity of SA so if you aren't a huge Ghibli boffin you really should watch it a second time. I know I had too.

Atra

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.13.2008, 08:30 AM.

01.13.2008, 08:29 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Guys you ought to read the book. 'Tis brilliant.

My Anime List

01.13.2008, 09:50 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's a book?
Is the book based on the film, or is it vice-versa?

01.13.2008, 10:39 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
There's a book?
Is the book based on the film, or is it vice-versa?

The film is based on the book, it's by a Welsh author - Dianna Wynne Jones. I loved the humour in it, it really made me laugh out loud at some points. But you have the elements of mystery and drama in there too, it's not all laughs, there are one or two character deaths. It's one of my favourite books.

My Anime List

01.13.2008, 11:14 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

character deaths?
dont remember that part.
but if your gonna read the book, dont forget the sequel ,castle in the air.
(unrelated to laputa, its just called that cos howls castle spends the better part of its appearence in the sky.)
itll seem unrelated to howl at first, but the famous characters are there from the start, even if you dont notice them till the end...

01.13.2008, 06:38 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Calcifer619
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calcifer619 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love it one of my favourates Calcifer is the best!

01.14.2008, 01:06 PM Calcifer619 is offline   Profile for Calcifer619 Add Calcifer619 to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

i love calcifer too!
choosing billy crystal to do his voice was genius.
the way he appears in the sequel to book made me laugh.
in the book, markl is called michael and hes 15 and in love with martha, "the girl from porthaven" you can hear the shop girls talking about at the start.

01.14.2008, 06:59 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Atradius
Ohmu

quote:
choosing billy crystal to do his voice was genius.

Didn't realise that before.......sweet

01.14.2008, 07:44 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
harmony-of-mar
Baron

tis fun to watch the credits and see just how many celebrities do dubbs.
eg, holw is christian bale, from batman returns.
and satsuki from totoro is dakota fanning.
and markl is josh hutcherson and kanta from totoro is the guy who voices aang from avatar.
san from mononoke is claire danes and dont even get me started on the voices from earthsea, we got cheech marin, the chick from law and order....

Post last edited by harmony-of-mar on 01.14.2008, 07:57 PM.

01.14.2008, 07:55 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mariska Hargitay is on the Earthsea dub? I never really imagined her a voice actress, but she's incredible in SVU; I really need to see that.

01.14.2008, 11:38 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

she plays tenar, sparrow-hawks apparent love interest and therrus foster mum.

01.15.2008, 12:29 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

hey hey don't forget Timothy Dalton. He's Sparrowhawk. He was James Bond! How cool is that? *"er... not very?" says rest of world*

My Anime List

01.15.2008, 04:01 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks