QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Favourite Ghibli character(s)?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Favourite Ghibli character(s)? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my fave in order of what i saw first
1.howl
2.calcifer
3.haku
4.lin
5.prince arren
6.sparrowhawk
7.therru

p.s....since i slightly resemle therru(minus the scar)id like an avatar of herbut i cant find one so if you do please email me at harmony_cahill@lumen.cg.edu.au
thanx

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

09.24.2007, 11:50 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

about ur #4
isnt her real name "Rin"
but pronounced Lin in the English version?

09.26.2007, 07:30 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes.

See "A Christmas Story" for more information on how that works.

09.26.2007, 06:24 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

?????
what does that have to do with the above

09.26.2007, 07:09 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

if i didnt know better id say it meant ''a christmas story''explained how rin can become lin.

09.27.2007, 09:45 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

i still dont get it

09.27.2007, 10:13 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just watch the movie. You'll get it.

But make sure you watch it to the end. The end is the only relevant part, really.

09.28.2007, 08:08 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

iv seen it, last X-mas, i think
and tis not the season for a movie like that
but when the time comes around ill give it a watch
yet ill probably forget aboot this convo by then

09.28.2007, 06:31 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. Mei
2. Markle
3. Calcifer
4. Mouse(Baby) and Bird (in their Zenniba-spell forms in SA)
5. Ashitaka
6. Porco Rosso
7. Totoro
8. Jiji (Dub only)
9. Grandma Sophie
10. Shizuku

09.30.2007, 12:08 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

why just grandma sophie, and not young sophie

09.30.2007, 02:04 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ={HSA}= MORO
why just grandma sophie, and not young sophie

because an important part of the movie is seeing Sophie learning about herself and gaining confidence and such, and she only does this while in her cursed form. Argueably, sophie only turns back into a young girl because of the process she goes through as "grandma Sophie" and thats what makes GRANDMA Sophie more appealing than regular sophie; that view into her personal as well as physical transitional phase.
besides, she has more character as an old lady. shes bossy, happier and more active.

09.30.2007, 08:22 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I see your point there. Thinking about it, normal Sophie is often very plain and boring.

09.30.2007, 10:37 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

i was just thinking you could have put 'Sophie' instead of 'Grandma Sophie'
but now i definitely see your point

09.30.2007, 11:18 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
greentotoro
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by greentotoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Princess Mononoke is my favourite Ghibli movie so i'm going to love ASHITAKA, SAN, MORO and the KODAMAS but I also really love My Neighbor Totoro so the TOTORO'S and CATBUS are top on my list. I also like Haro from the Cat Returns but overall, I think I love the TOTOROS over all, my name says it all!

09.30.2007, 11:40 AM greentotoro is offline   Profile for greentotoro Add greentotoro to your buddy list
WingedBandit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by WingedBandit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ashitaka... My first favorite Ghibli character. I wil love him forever.

After him there is Morisaki Taku, Pazu, Haku, Howl, San, Chihiro, Seiji... actually if I kept going I would probably just list all of them.

10.16.2007, 10:59 AM WingedBandit is offline   Profile for WingedBandit Add WingedBandit to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

kanta from totoro,i thought,was funny.howl rules.

10.16.2007, 07:52 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

all the totoros and soot gremlins, cat bus

10.16.2007, 09:23 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

yeah,i love fantasy creatures.

11.10.2007, 08:08 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shizuku, hands down

Honorable mentions to: Mei, Taeko, Nausicaä (and many others)

11.10.2007, 07:35 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
harmony-of-mar
Baron

O.M.G.
just watched princess monoke,ashitaka is the best ghibli hero eva!!!

11.11.2007, 07:45 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks