QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - My mum and Laputa
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions My mum and Laputa Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what song is that lttle tanuki?

12.12.2006, 01:30 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
violet
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.01.07
  Search for Posts by violet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hehee! My Dad is the same; he got me a few of them on DVD for Christmas. And I left them round his house one day, AND HE WATCHED PRINCESS MONONOKE! And bless him he wants to watch the rest. Rather odd, hey oh well xx

01.01.2007, 12:40 PM violet is offline   Profile for violet Add violet to your buddy list Homepage of violet
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by violet
Hehee! My Dad is the same; he got me a few of them on DVD for Christmas. And I left them round his house one day, AND HE WATCHED PRINCESS MONONOKE! And bless him he wants to watch the rest. Rather odd, hey oh well xx

Great news, convert all unbeleivers to the One True Path!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.01.2007, 12:41 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i wish i could convert people too. 8]

01.01.2007, 01:20 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I converted my brother into reading Fruits Basket Apparently he'd been reading it in secret for some time now D:

Oh, and I got 3 Ghibli DVD's for xmas, Nausicaa, Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle. I was watching Nausicaa the other day and my dad came in to watch it with me O_O he said it was very well done XD

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

01.03.2007, 05:43 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by nanafan
what song is that lttle tanuki?

"Kimi o nosete" is the theme song from "Laputa".

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

01.13.2007, 06:31 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Mononokehime
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.25.06
  Search for Posts by Mononokehime Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know I don't keep on the subject, but I MADE my mum watch The Cat Returns and Princess Mononoke-now she wants to watch others ! Score ! Dad just falls asleep- the nerve ! I'm offended.

01.14.2007, 05:37 PM Mononokehime is offline   Profile for Mononokehime Add Mononokehime to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know how you feel, my mum fell asleep during the most important bit at the end of Porco Rosso - the bit where Fio kisses him!
So I made her watch it again XD and she was all...aaaah I get it now XD

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

01.15.2007, 07:09 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I showed my mum lots of Ghibli stuff, and she liked it lots. (Enough to go see Howl at the local film society where she lives.)

And my youngest cousin really liked Kiki when she was five. I wanna try to find her a copy of the Kiki picture book, and perhaps make a translation for her sometime.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

01.19.2007, 05:37 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
tamasaburo
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  Search for Posts by tamasaburo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i got my mum into them nby making her watch pm she has now watched sa and hmc sge will watch the others but i have only just got them

01.19.2007, 06:19 AM tamasaburo is offline   Profile for tamasaburo Add tamasaburo to your buddy list Send an Email to tamasaburo Homepage of tamasaburo
kitkat
Calcifer

Registration Date: 01.23.07
  cool Search for Posts by kitkat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my mum loves the films she watched all the ones i have with me n my fiance is buying me what i want when he gets paid cos he wont let me lol

01.23.2007, 12:37 PM kitkat is offline   Profile for kitkat Add kitkat to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my mum(though I would normally say mom), hates everything to do with any kind of anime. Not that she has ever SEEN anything worth mentioning. When my brother and I went to go see Howl's moving castle, my mum drove us there, and then she went to the mall to kill the time, because she refused to see the movie...sigh...

01.23.2007, 12:45 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hate the mall..
I can get my mommy to watch Ghibli.
I mean, she loves my face when I'm watching
the movie, and also my face when I see the price.
Holy Lipton!(I um um)
She loves whisper the most and when she was a teacher
her entire school had to watch it. She's the one
who said I was Shizuku, my best friend acted a lot
like Yuuko, and the teacher lady and those two girls
also looked like some of my friends. She is also Asano,
as I nick named her..

01.23.2007, 04:06 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
my mum(though I would normally say mom),

Why don't you then?

"Mum" is British spelling, used therefore in Australasia and other countries (generally the kind of places that play cricket) "Mom" is American.

Myself being decidedly not American, this is why I don't say "mom".

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

02.02.2007, 09:53 PM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats quite weird. I'm English and was a 'mum' person throught my childhood but when I began writing fanfiction and had to use the word, for some strange reason that I don't understand 'mom' came out looking better on the page. So I used that. 'Mum' just looked odd. Maybe 'keeping mum' being an old English phrase for keeping quiet about something was in my mind?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.03.2007, 04:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I always spell it "mum". I feel wierd writing things in American English. Like when I use coding, and have to type "color".

My friend writes "mom", and he doesn't know why. I think it's strange if you don't live somewhere where that's the normal spelling.

02.03.2007, 05:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
hey violet!
did you realise that your sig says volet!!!
hehe
funniest thing Ive seen in ages!

02.03.2007, 02:21 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"mum"..weird in my opinion without offense to the americans but the english american is really strange... and when they make the dubbin of anime the voices of the actors sometimes ruins the anime.. there i said it! im free now

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

02.03.2007, 04:29 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, most of the time anything but the Japanese ruins the anime

02.03.2007, 06:33 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
はい、そう です!
The subbed way is the only way..

When I started watching anime, I forced my family to watch them at some point.
now, whenever I watch one they watch one (only movies though, not really series)...
Sometimes I watch em first, and we all watch em second time round.
What I realise is that my father always comments on the actual visual part of the movies, but rarely mentions storyline stuff..

02.03.2007, 06:55 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks