QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Favourite Ghibli character(s)?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Favourite Ghibli character(s)? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Gambit
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.28.07
  Favourite characterPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gambit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Think it's Porco Rosso at the moment.

05.28.2007, 06:05 AM Gambit is offline   Profile for Gambit Add Gambit to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. The Catbus
2. Dola
3. Porco Rosso
4. Shizuku
5. Yakkuru

07.30.2007, 10:40 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
PazuFan
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PazuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

theres too many!

pazu (obviously)
totoro
mei
howl
haku
chihiro
ashitaka
seita
setsuko
and jiji

i could say more, its so hard to chose. i think theres a fave in each film so its hard to be able to just pick one! but i LOVE pazu ^_^

08.10.2007, 07:01 PM PazuFan is offline   Profile for PazuFan Add PazuFan to your buddy list
Cabooseshero
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cabooseshero Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Turniphead is my favorite by far. (No I'm not joking lol)
couple others are Yakul, Howl, Jiji and The Barron.

08.13.2007, 05:02 AM Cabooseshero is offline   Profile for Cabooseshero Add Cabooseshero to your buddy list Send an Email to Cabooseshero AIM Screenname: MSN: Cabooseshero@cableone.net
Chef
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chef Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

San- How can you not love a fiesty girl raised by wolf gods?
Howl- Love him, even for his flaws.
Haku- I am attracted to what he represents.
The Barron- What a gentlem- eerrr...Gentlecat!
Yakul- Because honestly, what a sweet ride.
Totoro- I just want to squish this guy in a hug.

08.15.2007, 11:36 AM Chef is offline   Profile for Chef Add Chef to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

top 10 of all time, happen to be all from Hayao Miyazaiki films, cuz there teh only anime that matters, and all his characters are all so relatable in one way or another.

1. San - Princess Mononoke
2. Chihiro - Spirited Away
3. Ashitaka - Princess Mononoke
4. Kiki - Kiki's Delivery Service
5. Moro - Princess Mononoke
6. Satsuki - My Neighbor Totoro
7. Haku - Spirited Away
8. Jiji - Kiki's Delivery Service
9. Calcifer - Howl's Moving Castle
10. Mei - My Neighbor Totoro

honorable mentions...

-Yakule - Princess Mononoke
-Toki - Princess Mononoke
-Lady Eboshi - Princess Mononoke
-Rin -Spirited Away
-Tombo -Kiki's Delivery Service

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 08.16.2007, 12:07 AM.

08.15.2007, 11:25 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
jim222
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jim222 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

jiji is amazing! And I love the dog from kiki aswell. Kiki I think is a stubborn wee bitch the way she treats some guy she doesnt know! (I dont dislike her)Why are Ghibli girls(the majority) so goddamn stubborn?!

Post last edited by jim222 on 08.17.2007, 08:43 PM.

08.17.2007, 08:40 PM jim222 is offline   Profile for jim222 Add jim222 to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Because they're strong.

08.18.2007, 02:12 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jim222
jiji is amazing! And I love the dog from kiki aswell. Kiki I think is a stubborn wee bitch the way she treats some guy she doesnt know! (I dont dislike her)Why are Ghibli girls(the majority) so goddamn stubborn?!

*ahem* might want to tone down the language there. It'd be nice to have at least one clean internet forum out there.

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.18.2007, 02:30 AM.

08.18.2007, 02:27 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have two characters which for me are just head-and-shoulders above all the rest.

Firstly, Howl. Why aren't guys that beautiful in real life? Why!?

And second, San. She sure is as fierce as any wolf!

I just saw Laputa yesterday, and I really like Pazu.

I also like Ashitaka, Nausicaa ... Calcifer is quite cool too.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.09.2007, 06:48 AM.

08.25.2007, 03:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
SmaXa
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SmaXa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sophie from Howls Moving castle
Chihiro from SA
Kamaji from SA

who could forget Kamaji - he's awesome!

08.25.2007, 11:39 PM SmaXa is offline   Profile for SmaXa Add SmaXa to your buddy list
willkennicott
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by willkennicott Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. Porco--I probably identify with him way too much
2. Sophie
3. The Catbus/Totoro--amazing creations. Mischievous--unsentimental
4. Nausicaa--a little too perfect for my tastes--I prefer the characters who are more flawed--but she's a lovely creation--and the scene where she apologizes to the ohm kills me.
5. Jiji--the Japanese version. Didn't like the dub as much for this character
6. Witch of the Waste--one of the few times I prefer the dub over the original. Lauren Bacall is terrific.
7. Dola
8. (I can't recall his name) The grandfather/owner of the shop with the clock--I liked how gentle and nurturing he was.
9. San
10. No-face

Tons of other favorites: Calcifer, Howl, Chihiro, Kamajii, Shizuku, Ashitaka, Eboshi, and pretty much everybody else. The only character that kinda bores me is Muska from Castle in the Sky--too one-dimensional. Seems like the only "traditional villain" I can think of in a Ghibli.

09.03.2007, 09:59 PM willkennicott is offline   Profile for willkennicott Add willkennicott to your buddy list
Fangirl<3
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Fangirl<3 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chihiro from Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi.

09.09.2007, 08:45 PM Fangirl<3 is offline   Profile for Fangirl<3 Add Fangirl<3 to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

if i could change my post from above, which could be done but im to lazy, i would definitely throw Therru and Arren near the top.

09.09.2007, 09:17 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Fangirl<3

I love how people type out that whole lengthy thing when they could just type "Spirited Away," or even just "SA" and people would know what they're talking about. I doubt Japanese people refer to American films by their American titles.

09.09.2007, 11:35 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
quote:
Originally posted by Fangirl<3

I love how people type out that whole lengthy thing when they could just type "Spirited Away," or even just "SA" and people would know what they're talking about. I doubt Japanese people refer to American films by their American titles.

Hehe, well I guess we're all Anime-Anorak's, but some of us maybe just that little bit more avid?

09.10.2007, 07:25 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Pink
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My fav is Teto, Nausicaa's pet Fox-Squirrel.

I also like No-Face from The Spirited Away.

P1nk777@Deviant

09.11.2007, 07:04 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
TurnipHead7
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TurnipHead7 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not really a character but turniphead makes me smile more than most other characters and is also magical in the book as well

09.11.2007, 02:12 PM TurnipHead7 is offline   Profile for TurnipHead7 Add TurnipHead7 to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!

Totoro and his bors.
Fo sho.
Mei's pretty cool too.

Another thing that annoys me apart from writing the hwole thing to impress (it doesnt annoy me that much, just seems pointless), is when people write English titles that are spellt in katakana in romaji.
A la Final Fantasy = Finaru Fantashii
If you get my drift.

09.11.2007, 04:02 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

lol that tends to happen alot.
theres this amazing site full of stuff like that
and just really bad translations.
you should check it out.

http://engrish.com/

09.13.2007, 07:23 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks