QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - How long do you are Ghibli fan ?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » How long do you are Ghibli fan ? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
paperbullet
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by paperbullet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

About a year, since Cartoon Network showed the Month of Miyazaki. After seeing the 5 movies they showed, I looked all over the internet for them.

05.05.2007, 04:08 PM paperbullet is offline   Profile for paperbullet Add paperbullet to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Curious. What five films were those?

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

05.11.2007, 01:57 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Omis
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.03.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Omis Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone! I've been a Ghibli Fan for 3 years now but I still havn't seen all of them. Whenever I get the opportunity I buy another film to add to my collection.

What I'm most chuffed about though is everyone I watch my films with loves them as well! Except my Dad :S but he's boring anyway

Still wanting to see Kiki, Yamadas and Ocean Waves most of all.

06.06.2007, 06:48 AM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
Momoko234
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.23.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Momoko234 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's been about 2 years for me.

I had been into anime previously, than lost interest, and surprisingly Ghibli got me back into (I'm a huge anime fanatic now xDD)

But it was Spirited Away that had lured me into the ah-mazing world of Ghibli <333

06.23.2007, 02:29 PM Momoko234 is offline   Profile for Momoko234 Add Momoko234 to your buddy list AIM Screenname: YukiXSohma8899
Moroko
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Moroko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been a Miyazaki fan for about seven years but I didn't even know what anime was until three years ago. So basicaly for four years I just thought Spirited Away was weird Disney movie. How wrong I was.

quote:
Once you accept that all the matter in the universe can be compressed to the size of a push pin, it isn't hard to wear stripes with plad.
Albert Einstine

A distraction

06.23.2007, 08:32 PM Moroko is offline   Profile for Moroko Add Moroko to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been a major Ghibli fan since August 2001, when I saw Spirited Away in Japan. At that time, I learned that all of the very good animated films I saw prior to that were Ghibli.

06.24.2007, 06:50 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a new-comer to the world of Ghibli hehe ^^ i watched my first ghibli last week (Howl's moving castle) and now im hooked but i cant download many
So far i've seen:

Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbour Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service

lol but i am very tempted to buy the box set xD

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

06.25.2007, 11:29 AM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you might wanna hold off, many boxsets are bootlegs so be careful if you do buy

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.25.2007, 12:04 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i agree thats why i dont trust e bay so i might hunt around virgin megastores and HMV xD

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

06.25.2007, 12:07 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Are there any non-bootleg box sets?

06.25.2007, 01:24 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Are there any non-bootleg box sets?

Not on the open market. There is an out-of-print Region 3 Chinese (Hong Kong) boxed set that's legal. Every other boxed set is a pirated copy--and that's virtually all boxed sets you will see advertised even from otherwise reputable dealers.

06.25.2007, 01:29 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I see. Oh well, I'm happy enough with getting them normally, I was just curious really.

06.25.2007, 01:32 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Damnit! i want more Hayao Miyazaki material :'(

06.25.2007, 01:44 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Ther_ru
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.27.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ther_ru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a real addict for 4 years )) and i'm so sorry I didn't see all these movies when I was small.

06.27.2007, 01:43 PM Ther_ru is offline   Profile for Ther_ru Add Ther_ru to your buddy list Send an Email to Ther_ru
^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have been a fan since I was 3, so thats 12 years, but I didn't know it was studio ghibli, yet. I sorta stopped seeing them, but one day many years later, I was reintroduced and have collected and planned my future since. !!!!

So ha... sad but true. In a way its like a love story!I HATE SHAKESPEAR... no jk.

06.27.2007, 07:50 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

May 2005 was when I watched Porco Rosso and was totally sold on it at once. The combination of old planes, pigs (which I have a strange fondness for) and north Italy (my favourite place in the whole world) pretty much hooked me instantly.

And to think I bought the DVD totally on impulse due to the cover art. I was only in the anime section of Fopp in Camden because I'd watched The Animatrix earlier that year and was intrigued by modern anime.

Prior to that anime for me meant rubbish like Power Rangers so seeing some of the shorts on the Animatrix was a real eye opener.

So Porco was the one that opened the door for me but it wasn't until 6th September 2006 (my birthday) when I was given Whisper of the Heart as a gift that my whole life changed.

The rest, as they say, is history.

So as fan, only 2 years. As a crazed fanatic, less than 1.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.28.2007, 08:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep, Saddles is indeed a SuperFan!

I've been a Ghibli Fan for nearly 4 years now, since 12th September 2003 to be precise, the day Spirited Away went on general release in the UK.

06.28.2007, 05:08 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
May 2005 was when I watched Porco Rosso and was totally sold on it at once. The combination of old planes, pigs (which I have a strange fondness for) and north Italy (my favourite place in the whole world) pretty much hooked me instantly.

And to think I bought the DVD totally on impulse due to the cover art. I was only in the anime section of Fopp in Camden because I'd watched The Animatrix earlier that year and was intrigued by modern anime.

Prior to that anime for me meant rubbish like Power Rangers so seeing some of the shorts on the Animatrix was a real eye opener.

So Porco was the one that opened the door for me but it wasn't until 6th September 2006 (my birthday) when I was given Whisper of the Heart as a gift that my whole life changed.

Ya, Studio Ghibli likes their pigs. Chihiro's parents turning into them, and Porco Rosso. I like pigs... or as i like to nickname them... BACON. I call every pig bacon. But I don't like to think of pigs as just meat to eat.

06.28.2007, 06:56 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

Ya, Studio Ghibli likes their pigs. Chihiro's parents turning into them, and Porco Rosso. I like pigs... or as i like to nickname them... BACON. I call every pig bacon. But I don't like to think of pigs as just meat to eat.

06.28.2007, 06:57 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
yamiteece
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.29.07
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by yamiteece Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ive been a ghibli fan for most my life i first started hen uk release of spirited away but since then i have been begging and bowering to watch all ghibli studio productions

06.29.2007, 07:48 AM yamiteece is offline   Profile for yamiteece Add yamiteece to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks