QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Studio Ghibli Heroine Elimination Game
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Studio Ghibli Heroine Elimination Game » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As astoundingly mature as always, I see.

03.04.2009, 02:43 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ain't that the truth!

03.04.2009, 02:49 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Chuckler
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.05.09
  Studio Ghibli Heroine Elimination GamePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chuckler Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1st post everyone. please don't kill me if I am wrong in some aspects of protocol. (I have viewed this site, and the wonderful wingsee.com site too, for ages and have just adored the fact that i have found like-minded people who have been smitten by the genius of STUDIO ghibli. As such this is my first foray.)

But, concerning the original posters proposal may i propose;

1. Fio Just for being an engineering marvel, a loyal and long lasting pal-to both Porco and Gina, and for knowing that beautiful clear azure waters (Porco's hideout) are simply made for swimming in. By golly, that's just what she did too. (Is she married yet? Darn it.)

2. Setsuki for ALWAYS being there for her younger sister. It is, in some ways, a silly film but is easily redeemed by the fact that Miyazaki masterfully married the concept of sibling love and spellbinding animation to a degree that even now, after many viewings, I cannot find fault with. Love them both.

3. Mononoke. Wow. Just wow. A self made heroine, in that she who was her inspiration, other that her wolves. I would just hate to - inadvertently - offer her toast at the wrong time of the day. On the other hand what a"Heroine" to have on one's side,no?

4. Nausicaa. Brave, brave warrior girl/heroine. (No doubt as Miyazaki intended.) Second only, or equal to San in terms of commitment and bravery? I would have to hate to choose between them and given the chance I wouldn't. So there.

03.05.2009, 11:12 AM Chuckler is offline   Profile for Chuckler Add Chuckler to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey Chuckler. It's good that you finally decided to join! Sorry to say this, but you have missed the point a bit... The purpose of the thread was to rank Fio, Gina, Mei and Satsuki in order of preference, so that we know who to include in the next game which will involve finding the forum's favourite Ghibli heroine.

03.05.2009, 12:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Chuckler
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chuckler Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello arren18.

yes, my bad in a way. apologies to all, and to you for being gentle. Ok then.

In that regard i would rank as follows;

1. Fio. For reasons already stated.

2. Setsuki. For looking out for her sister.

3. Gina. For - eternally - wondering when her man will fly past her garden.

4. Mei. Only because, in spite of being completely loveable at that tender age, she really doesn't have the life experience to know what being a heroine means.

Do I pass?

03.05.2009, 01:11 PM Chuckler is offline   Profile for Chuckler Add Chuckler to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pretty much But I still say the sisters are bland characters.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.06.2009, 12:46 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Chuckler
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chuckler Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks. javascript:smilie('')

And even though I (personally) adore them/their characterisations they are indeed er, bland with respect to others. I think that's why both San and Nausicaa were mistakenly included by me, at first, as being more worthy.

03.06.2009, 01:08 PM Chuckler is offline   Profile for Chuckler Add Chuckler to your buddy list
Chuckler
Kodama

Whoa. What happened there? In my reply I selected a smiley and dragged it into the window. Upon seeing it in print I see it has javascript, etc and closed brackets around it... Hmm.

Again, I'm new here so I would kindly request that all "remedies" be thoroughly wrapped up in at least 100mm of good quality soft foam rubber. Ta.

03.06.2009, 01:16 PM Chuckler is offline   Profile for Chuckler Add Chuckler to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What? The heroine game is left to die after the hero game is over?

I say we don't wait for HataZaki... so I'll start it up

For Lupin III, I'm not sure if the princess (Clarisse) or Fujiko. But I'll go with Clarisse. I haven't seen Pom Poko yet, so if there's objection to Okiyo being the heroine then I apologize for my mistake. I haven't seen Yamadas or Earthsea either, so I hope I made the right choices...

-------------------------------------------------------
With credit to HataZaki for the layout of this post, which I blatantly copy/pasted:

1. All Studio Ghibli Heroines start with 20 points:

Princess Clarisse - 20
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 20
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 20
Fio - 20
Rikako - 20
Okiyo - 20
Shizuku - 20
San - 20
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 20
Haru - 20
Sophie - 20
Therru - 20
Ponyo - 20

2. You can vote once a day. Here's how it works:

3. Copy and paste the above list into a new reply. Each vote add one point to a hero you wanna keep and subtract two points to a hero you wanna see eliminated. You can use any criteria you want to vote. Example, ill try it first.

Princess Clarisse - 18
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 20
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 20
Fio - 20
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 20
Shizuku - 20
San - 20
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 20
Haru - 20
Sophie - 20
Therru - 20
Ponyo - 20

+ Rikako
- Princess Clarisse

Now the next person will copy and paste my list and add one and subtract two to any hero they wish. Once that hero is at 0, it is eliminated from the game. Last one standing with any points wins. I just thought it would be a fun little game to have. Keep in mind, the winning hero wont necessarily be the best, as you can vote on any criteria. You could subtract from a hero you think might threaten your hero's chances, for example. Enjoy

Shall we begin?

03.22.2009, 02:01 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes I'm still here

Sorry I had just very busy. That is the list I had planned out, so.....yay.

Princess Clarisse - 18
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 20
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 21
Fio - 20
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 20
Shizuku - 20
San - 20
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 20
Haru - 20
Sophie - 20
Therru - 18
Ponyo - 20

+ Taeko
- Therru

03.22.2009, 04:35 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shizuku +1
Princess Clarisse -2

Princess Clarisse - 16
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 20
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 21
Fio - 20
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 20
Shizuku - 21
San - 20
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 20
Haru - 20
Sophie - 20
Therru - 18
Ponyo - 20

Clicky

03.22.2009, 07:20 AM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by HataZaki
Yes I'm still here

Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to steal.

Princess Clarisse - 16
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 20
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 21
Fio - 21
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 20
Shizuku - 21
San - 20
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 20
Haru - 20
Sophie - 18
Therru - 18
Ponyo - 20

Fio +1
Sophie -2

So hard to choose! =D

03.22.2009, 11:51 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

+ Fio
- Haru, maybe?

Princess Clarisse - 16
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 20
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 21
Fio - 21
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 20
Shizuku - 21
San - 20
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 20
Haru - 18
Sophie - 18
Therru - 18
Ponyo - 20

It turns out I like pretty much every Ghibli heroine, making it very difficult to choose who to vote down.

03.22.2009, 12:05 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

+ Shizuku
- Chihiro

Princess Clarisse - 16
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 20
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 21
Fio - 21
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 20
Shizuku - 22
San - 20
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 18
Haru - 18
Sophie - 18
Therru - 18
Ponyo - 20

Check out my music:

03.22.2009, 12:27 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mei/Mai -2

San +1

Princess Clarisse - 16
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 18
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 21
Fio - 21
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 20
Shizuku - 22
San - 21
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 18
Haru - 18
Sophie - 18
Therru - 18
Ponyo - 20

My Anime List

03.22.2009, 12:55 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haru + 1 'cos shes cool
Mai - 2

Princess Clarisse - 16
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 16
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 21
Fio - 21
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 20
Shizuku - 22
San - 21
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 18
Haru - 19
Sophie - 18
Therru - 18
Ponyo - 20

03.22.2009, 01:33 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Kiki +1
Sophie -2

Princess Clarisse - 16
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 16
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 21
Taeko - 21
Fio - 21
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 20
Shizuku - 22
San - 21
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 18
Haru - 19
Sophie - 16
Therru - 18
Ponyo - 20

03.22.2009, 01:54 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
quote:
Originally posted by HataZaki
Yes I'm still here

Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to steal.

No, not at all, I think it's great that you got it started. I have been very busy so I appreciate it.

Edited to Add: My 100th post!!!

Post last edited by HataZaki on 03.23.2009, 03:40 AM.

03.23.2009, 03:37 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay I know that the Isakaya RPG is the main drawing point for a lot of us here, but please remember that Satsuki's sister is Mei, not Mai

Shizuku +1
Okiyo -2 (who is she anyway?)

Princess Clarisse - 16
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 16
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 21
Fio - 21
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 19
Shizuku - 23
San - 21
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 18
Haru - 19
Sophie - 18
Therru - 18
Ponyo - 20

03.23.2009, 09:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haru + 1
Sophie - 2 (Just a pain in the bum)

Princess Clarisse - 16
Nausicaa - 20
Sheeta - 20
Mai - 16
Setsuko - 20
Kiki - 20
Taeko - 21
Fio - 21
Rikako - 21
Okiyo - 19
Shizuku - 23
San - 21
Matsuko - 20
Chihiro - 18
Haru - 20
Sophie - 16
Therru - 18
Ponyo - 20

03.23.2009, 11:24 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks