QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Tales from Earthsea
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Tales from Earthsea » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Pink
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, pretty good so far. But i hope he doesnt dilute his fathers status.

P1nk777@Deviant

09.14.2007, 12:09 PM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually, I think his father will dilute his staus, simply by being so much better.

09.14.2007, 12:14 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Pink
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yea, but his son could do the same by being, err, not good? lol.

P1nk777@Deviant

09.14.2007, 01:22 PM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know exactly what you mean. I just don't think that will be the case. If it does happen to be the case, I will most likely owe you money.

09.14.2007, 04:17 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Goro is lucky to have ghibli and his father behind him for his first movies and so he'll probably make better movies quite quickly.

09.14.2007, 09:41 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by T.C.
Goro is lucky to have ghibli and his father behind him for his first movies and so he'll probably make better movies quite quickly.

probally, but i wouldnt entirely say that his father was behind him on Tales from Earthsea, he was kinda against.

09.14.2007, 10:01 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Pink
Calcifer

I just dont see Goro's films having as much depth and meaning as his fathers.

P1nk777@Deviant

09.14.2007, 11:34 PM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well hes only had 1 so far so theirs plenty of room for improvment

09.15.2007, 12:07 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
T.C.
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ={HSA}= MORO
quote:

probally, but i wouldnt entirely say that his father was behind him on Tales from Earthsea, he was kinda against.

really..? Was he somewhat disapproving of it or something??

Its true that Goro is not as good as Hayao even when he was just starting out in major productions, thats why Goro is lucky to have the assurance of one of, if not the best animation and storytelling teams as company.

09.16.2007, 03:58 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
quote:
quote:

really..? Was he somewhat disapproving of it or something??

Well, he did make a point not to talk to him whatsoever.

09.16.2007, 11:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Pink
Calcifer

Why didnt he approve it?

P1nk777@Deviant

09.16.2007, 11:27 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
arren18
Administrator

Way back, Hayao wanted to adapt the book, but the author wasn't too happy to let him do it. In time, the author realised that she would love for him to make an anime out of her book, but as Hayao was busy when she asked for him to do it, Goro suddenly ended up doing it instead.

It's fairly complicated.

09.16.2007, 11:43 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Pink
Calcifer

So, Goro kinda backstabbed him?

P1nk777@Deviant

09.16.2007, 11:45 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
arren18
Administrator

To a certain extent, yes.

09.16.2007, 11:46 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

plus, i heard that Hayao for some reason, felt like Goro wasnt ready to take on the task of directing a movie under Ghibli yet

dont know why but Hayao seems like a strict father

09.16.2007, 12:49 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
arren18
Administrator

Well, considering Goro didn't really have any prior experience... however, I have heard that what with Hayao being so busy, Goro didn't exactly feel loved.

Everybody has family problems now and again.

09.16.2007, 12:51 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

well hey, personally i think that Goro's first was way better thans Hayao's first
(although i never saw it, just trying to stand up for Goro here)

09.16.2007, 11:04 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
T.C.
Totoro

i wasnt aware of that.
Yeah i remember hearing somewhere about Goro not seeing his father for weeks on end because he would stay at the studio getting everything done from early morning til after midnight and goro, then much younger, would be asleep.

Id say most japanese parents are stricter and a little more controlling than usual ('usual' meaning modern western family dynamics that is). They generally expect alot from their children from what i gather, and notions of reputation and honour and the family name are far more important.

You might wanna be careful with that HSA haha, there are alot of die hard hayao fans ready to claim that hayao's early stuff was some of his best.

Post last edited by T.C. on 09.17.2007, 03:47 AM.

09.17.2007, 03:46 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

i guess T.C.
but, i think theres more people who would agree that Hayao's later stuff ((particularly Spirited Away (not in my opinion, just in general)) was the better stuff

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 09.19.2007, 08:02 PM.

09.19.2007, 08:02 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
T.C.
Totoro

quote:
i guess T.C.
but, i think theres more people who would agree that Hayao's later stuff ((particularly Spirited Away (not in my opinion, just in general)) was the better stuff

True but im talking about the kind of people who loved it before miyazaki became more popular with mononoke and spirited away.. sometimes people start to dislike the stuff artists/directors/etc do later on because it becomes more popular and commercial.

09.20.2007, 01:48 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks