QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Ultimate Ghibli Poll
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » The Ultimate Ghibli Poll » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
any more votes, or shall I total up?

Wait up until Saturday if possible. I'll post mine then, because I want to be able to choose well and explain why.

08.27.2007, 02:57 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. Whisper Of The Heart

2. Only Yesterday

3. Laputa: Castle In The Sky

4. Princess Mononoke

5. Porco Rosso

08.27.2007, 04:51 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
Why would you put a film you haven't seen at number 3 on your top 5? I would sort of understand if you had put it at the bottom to finish your list, but putting it above films you actually have seen seems a little weird.

I would try to see some more Ghibli films before you make a list like this. That would make the poll more accurate.

Cool it Okapi. I've read a lot about Earthsea, and I'm pretty confident it'll be better than the ones that I put in fourth and fifth place. Besides, my vote isn't exactly going to count for much is it? Currently it amounts to ... what? One twenty-fifth of the total voting?

My Anime List

08.27.2007, 08:39 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
sorry im late to the game. here we go.

1. WotH
2. OY
3. Totoro
4. MH
5. GotF

I decided to use acronyms because it seems cooler.
You know.. like I know what im talking about.
hehe.
Im such an idiot.

08.27.2007, 09:00 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR Im such an idiot.

And we still love you.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.27.2007, 10:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well thank you very much..
So, eventhough we might not stop yet..
whats it looking like atm...?

08.27.2007, 01:08 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it's safe to say that 'Whisper' will win by a landslide! Oh, and by the way, I love U2!

08.28.2007, 04:41 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What are your votes CDB? Its closer than you think and a couple more SA fans could see a significant change on the old swing-o-meter.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.29.2007, 09:20 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well you know SA would be my No1, but I'll give you my list a bit later, as shortly I've got to do a load of mowing around my Park.......some of us have got work to attend to!

08.29.2007, 12:24 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Sorry for double posting, but here's my current top 5:

1, Spirited Away (my first Ghibli, and first saw it in a UK Cinema on 12 Sept 03)
2, Kiki's Delivery Service
3, Porco Rosso
4, Howl's Moving Castle
5, Laputa: Castle in the sky (I've always loved floating cities, ever since I saw 'Cloud City' from Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back, just something so magical about them,....so someone hurry up and invent an anti-gravity device please!!! )

So as you can see, I like Action Movies with a bit of Fantasy thrown in for good measure.

08.29.2007, 07:31 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Kiki is your #2 CDB? I never knew that. Tell us why, I'm interested.

The votes so far:

Whisper of the Heart 39
Spirited Away 34
Princess Mononoke 31
My Neighbour Totoro 28
Porco Rosso 20
Laputa: Castle in the Sky 19
Grave of the Fireflies 19
Only Yesterday 17
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind 16
Kiki's Delivery Service 14
Howl's Moving Castle 14
My Neighbours the Yamadas 5
Ocean Waves 5
Tales from Earthsea 5
Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro 2
Pom Poko 2
The Cat Returns 0

Not too many surprises there except Only Yesterday is higher than I'd expect and Nausicaa lower. Porco deserves to be higher in # of votes if not in position I think but maybe his appeal is limited by demographic (I don't think Porco is much of a ladies movie).

08.30.2007, 07:05 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

quote:
Kiki is your #2 CDB? I never knew that. Tell us why, I'm interested.

Yes, I know its a bit of a shock, me putting it in 2nd place!

But it's a really endearing 'Girl meets World' story, plus I can sort of identify with Tombo, he may be a bit of a geek, but he sure has great taste when it comes to affairs of the heart - Kiki in my opinion is without a doubt the most beautiful looking Ghibli character.......Sorry Chihiro, you may grow into being a great 'drop-dead-gorgeous babe' yet, the signs look promissing,.... besides you've got it where it counts most, your very nature!!!

08.30.2007, 06:56 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. Princess Mononoke - words cant describe how amazing this movie is
2. Spirited Away - a close #2
3. Kiki's Delivery Service - such a fun movie
4. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - definitely an amazing movie but just falls short of top 3
5. My Neighbor Totoro - a great, entertaining film for a movie with such a thin plot, if you really think about it.

08.31.2007, 10:36 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1- Whisper of the Heart - this made me happier than any other Ghibli film. It is brilliant in every way.
2- Princess Mononoke - by a wide margin the most epic of all. Hugely engrossing with an amazing storyline.
3- Spirited Away - my very first Ghibli, which I still think is great.
4- My Neighbour Totoro - if this film doesn't fill you with joy, you have no heart.
5- Grave of the Fireflies - if this film doesn't fill you with sorrow, you have no heart.

09.01.2007, 06:10 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Sorry to double post, but I just think I should mention that nobody else appears to be posting here.

09.08.2007, 03:30 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Pink
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My choices are:
1) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
2) Princess Mononoke
3) Howls Moving Castle
4) Spirited Away
5) My Neighbor Totoro

P1nk777@Deviant

09.21.2007, 08:50 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
Amori
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Amori Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hope it's not to late to vote! My favorites are:

1. Whisper of the Heart
2. Nausicaa
3. My Neighbor Totoro
4. Howl's Moving Castle
5. Spirited Away

Wow, I'm surprised there are so many votes for Whisper of the Heart. I thought I was a total dork for liking that movie so much, hehe.

09.24.2007, 05:51 AM Amori is offline   Profile for Amori Add Amori to your buddy list Send an Email to Amori Homepage of Amori AIM Screenname: Chelzaya
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

Whisper of the Heart 39
Spirited Away 34
Princess Mononoke 31
My Neighbour Totoro 28
Porco Rosso 20
Laputa: Castle in the Sky 19
Grave of the Fireflies 19
Only Yesterday 17
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind 16
Kiki's Delivery Service 14
Howl's Moving Castle 14
My Neighbours the Yamadas 5
Ocean Waves 5
Tales from Earthsea 5
Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro 2
Pom Poko 2
The Cat Returns 0

The Cat Returns has to be higher than that??
i didnt mind it at all. i thought it would beat pom poko, the yamadas and cagliostro at least (though i havent watched all of cagliostro).

Post last edited by T.C. on 09.24.2007, 06:05 AM.

09.24.2007, 06:04 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Cagliostro is brilliant.
Really funny and snazzy and entertaining.
Quite unghibli though.
I mean, you see its miyazaki, but it feels different.

09.24.2007, 06:09 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
Cagliostro is brilliant.
Really funny and snazzy and entertaining.
Quite unghibli though.
I mean, you see its miyazaki, but it feels different.

I know thats what got Miyazaki known amongst the anime world in japan, but have neglected to watch it yet. i know where to buy it but need more money.
Did miyazaki direct Cagliosotro or just work in the animation?? not sure sorry..

09.24.2007, 06:22 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks