QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - My mum and Laputa
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » My mum and Laputa » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
yeah, I know, thats annoying...
but as its for free I wont complain.

11.26.2006, 06:14 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, wait. I've got all the Ghibli
songs..ON THIS COMPUTER?!
No, I got them off limewire. It Doesn't
take very long either..I used to have
them on my laptop, but my dad earased
everything while fixing it(still problems!!).
Oh, that's nice to know there's an anime of
that, JJR. I have a new excuse to kick
my sis off..hehehe..

11.26.2006, 09:15 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
I said I would post it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URiK7vbrX...ted&search=
there you go..
nice goal eh?
I dont know HOW the hell he scored it!
He kicked the ball with the same foot he jumped with... HOLY SHIT!

11.26.2006, 12:18 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

he must be a genius! lol

11.26.2006, 03:53 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kinda late reply, but was wondering whether you meant the ending theme or that opening theme.

The latter, I agree; it's one of the most beautiful pieces amongst ghibli's music. So is the piece when they got to Laputa (the part when Laputa's cloud cover was uncovered slowly to reveal it's majestic beauty).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.28.2006, 09:34 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nightfall
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.28.06
  Search for Posts by Nightfall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

when i first started watching the ghibli movies i told my mum they were great but i think she pretended to care then on holiday we were stuck in our cottage because of the rain so i put grave of the fireflies on, suprisingly my dad enjoyed and my mum said it was good even though she sat through the whole thing playing with this knitting thing and barely watched it they havnt watched one since my 8 yr old sister LOVES them though, she's seen about 6 of them now.

11.28.2006, 12:40 PM Nightfall is offline   Profile for Nightfall Add Nightfall to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i haven't seen all of them but castle in the sky is really good. i cried my eyes out watching grave of fireflies.

11.28.2006, 09:34 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
totorogirl
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.30.06
  Search for Posts by totorogirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a mum and I watch all animes with my kids......sometimes I watch it by myself coz they'd rather watch Avatar and Naruto.

11.29.2006, 09:53 AM totorogirl is offline   Profile for totorogirl Add totorogirl to your buddy list Send an Email to totorogirl AIM Screenname: akachocobabe
Robert
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Search for Posts by Robert Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yes a lot of times lisening to amusic can lead to watching a movie that you may have past before.
I tracked down a double cd of spirited away and princess mononoke and will look later for other cd's, onthat does any body know if a compillation of the best is available.

12.02.2006, 05:47 PM Robert is offline   Profile for Robert Add Robert to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay my mum's getting me the USA version of the Laputa soundtrack happiness!

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

12.02.2006, 06:02 PM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
furs
Totoro

Registration Date: 09.23.06
  Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congrats for the well-deserved gift Freyarule. ^^

Your mom got good taste.

Post last edited by furs on 12.06.2006, 11:15 AM.

12.06.2006, 11:14 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is the reaction of your mom surprising?
Ghibli is great for everybody and I watched "Laputa" and "Howl`s moving castle" in the cinema with my whole family (two little sisters 12, 7 and father 38 and stepmother 41).

They all enjoyed the film. So I think Ghibli could be a familything.
Its not to cruel for kids and have enough backround for parents, who like fantasy.

I luv the susuwatari^^

12.06.2006, 11:37 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Shamaya Parker
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.06.06
  music Search for Posts by Shamaya Parker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey where do ya go to listen music

12.06.2006, 08:10 PM Shamaya Parker is offline   Profile for Shamaya Parker Add Shamaya Parker to your buddy list Send an Email to Shamaya Parker
Shamaya Parker
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.06.06
  music Search for Posts by Shamaya Parker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey where do ya go to listen music,
i've benn ooking everywhere.

12.06.2006, 08:14 PM Shamaya Parker is offline   Profile for Shamaya Parker Add Shamaya Parker to your buddy list Send an Email to Shamaya Parker
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Huh?
My cousin went to see Howl's Moving Castle
in Montreal with her cousins in 2005.
She hates me because I have the giant collection
of Ghibli films in less than 5 monthes after owning
Howl. She only owns Totoro and TCR.
But her cousins are big fans so they let her
watch their entire collection(darn them, how'd they
find these movies?)when she was 10 she started
watching them. Excited her of Gedo Senki though,
and still hasn't seen Mononoke.
Plus, she has a japanese friend who taught her
some japanese. He even gave her a dictionary.
WAa! Lifes not fair! She's lucky, too!

12.06.2006, 09:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cloud
Is the reaction of your mom surprising?

It is sort of, because before my mum watched Porco Rosso she didn't really like anime.
I had asked for the soundtrack before we watched Laputa, but she said it was too expensive, then we watched it and she said it was beautiful. We searched on Ebay for ages and found it for less than £10! whoop!

Ooh another thing, my mum picked up a parcel from the post office this morning, and wouldn't let me touch it. She said it was something for me for xmas! My mum wanted to get some surprise stuff as well as they stuff I asked for. Excitedness! Possibly Ghibli/Fruits Basket merchandise!!! *goesh all hyper*

Anyways...
In reply to Roarkiller, I absolutely adore that piece of music, when they land on Laputa. I have preferred the USA version of it, where the background tune is played on strings rather that a synthesizer, but the original is beautiful as well

wh00t to t3h large uber-post.

12.07.2006, 05:28 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Robert
Tanuki

Search for Posts by Robert Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Back in July of this year there was an Orchestra Eminenence which played in Sydney and Melbourne Australia I didn"t get to see it because it was only found when I came to this site "Ghibli on line" and thus there was a CD one could buy and it is realy close to the original.

12.08.2006, 04:34 PM Robert is offline   Profile for Robert Add Robert to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

that's cool i want to get some of the ghibli soundtracks like cat returns and spirited away. ghibli always has great music.

12.09.2006, 05:45 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

You can find the Cat Returns OST on the link JRR posted, but I had to download a torrent to get the Spirited Away OST.

12.10.2006, 11:02 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ano chi heisen
Kagayaku no wa
Dokoka ni kimi wo
Kakushite iru kara.

Takusan no hi ga
Natsukashii no wa
Ano dore ga hitotsu ni
Kimi ga iru kara...

Satte kakeyou
Hito kire no pan
Naifu, Rampu, Kaban wo
Tsumekonde...

Tousan ga nokoshita
Atsui omoi.
Kaasan ga kureta
Ano manazashi

Chikyuu wa mawaru
Kimi wo kakushite
Nagayaku hitomi
Kirameku tomoshibi

Chikyuu wa mawaru
Kimi wo nosete
Itsuka kitto deau
Bokura wo nosete.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

12.12.2006, 04:57 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks