QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Share Your Merchandise
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Share Your Merchandise » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Share Your MerchandisePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's pretty hard to find good, reliable information and pictures related to Ghibli merchandise, so I thought it'd be nice to have a thread where we can share our images and info. I'll start off with my current collection:

Warning - very picture heavy!

Firstly, here are pictures of my Spirited Away figurine set by Cominica. Included in the set is Chihiro, Yubaba, and Haku. I was very lucky to get this set MIB on Ebay a couple of months ago.

Front view of the box and the packaging inside it

The packaging removed from the box, which includes a cardboard background of the bathhouse and transparent plastic shaped to protect each figure.

The back of the box, which shows other figurine sets that Cominica make, including Laputa and Kiki sets.

From left to right: Chihiro, Yubaba, and Haku on their box.

Chihiro in her bathouse clothing holding a mop, measures about 3 inches from black base to mop.

Yubaba measures about inches from the bottom of her dress to the top of her hair.

Haku measures about three inches from his black base to the top of his head.

I'll start off with this and add some more of my collection later

08.27.2009, 06:19 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here's one from a box set (Japanese R2) Nausicaa DVD.

Umm... This was pretty good, too. Available only in the Museum.

Post last edited by dballred on 08.27.2009, 08:25 PM.

08.27.2009, 08:12 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, awesome, thankyou for sharing!

My Ghibli Cookie Tin from the Museum in Mitaka, although sadly I have never been there This was once again an Ebay find. Lovely tin, all the same!

08.28.2009, 05:11 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Arkadian
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.09.09
  NausicaaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I do not remember her to be so well endowed

08.28.2009, 05:26 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Arkadian

Sometimes there's an upside to being Teto, ne?

This is a tin available in Japan in general. For those who can read Japanese, you might want to notice that the writing is from right to left--the way Japanese wrote horizontally until 1947. It says, "Sakuma-style drops."

08.28.2009, 05:49 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.29.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi.

I am new here, but not new to Studio Ghibli movies.

Here is my Studio Ghibli collection, merchandise and movies, hope it's alright.

Nausicaä Collectors ed. (Japan)

Princess Mononoke Collectors ed. (France)

08.29.2009, 10:31 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Howl's moving castle (Korea)

Collectors ed. from Australia

08.29.2009, 10:33 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Dvd's form USA and Japan (some of them, are early Miyazaki works, but are part of the Studio Ghibli collection)

Soundtracks

Art Books.

That's it.

Sorry for all the pictures.

08.29.2009, 10:35 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

My exact sentiments.... lol

I will post here, as soon as I take some more photos...

08.29.2009, 10:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, what a great collection! Thanks so much for sharing Well, today I finally got a glass cabinet, which I'll put up later, so I can display all of my ghibli stuff togeter. But next up are my two little ponyo plushies. If you haven't seen the film yet, I highly recommend it!

08.30.2009, 08:45 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Skovgaard -That sure is alot of stuff! I also have that McCarthy book on Miyazaki , but you seem to have the 'Art of Porco Rosso' twice?

I must post pictures of our Totoro, which I have adopted while my sister is away.

Clicky

08.30.2009, 09:52 AM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Riotmon
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.05.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Riotmon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, i'm almost drooling. All Ive got is the ticket stub from the museum that has three cells of
howls moving castle in it. Dont know if that's really rare or not haha, but i love it all the same ^_^
Oh and my totoro wallet

11.06.2009, 08:39 PM Riotmon is offline   Profile for Riotmon Add Riotmon to your buddy list Send an Email to Riotmon
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Lovely Riotmon! Some more bits of mine:

LOTS of OSTs! I'm not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for soundtracks in general, but Joe Hisaishi is just a GOD. It's worth mentioning that the aesthetics of the packaging are very pleasing too; the coloured card 'sleeve' really gives the case that finishing touch. This is definitely only the start of my Ghibli soundtrack collection

Spirited Away

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

My Neighbour Totoro

01.15.2011, 06:34 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Porco Rosso

Kiki's Delivery Service

Laputa Castle in the Sky

01.15.2011, 06:35 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, everybody's collections make me drool...where do you guys get all this stuff? I can never tell what is Ghibli permission granted collectibles and what have you, and I'd hate to buy anything that takes money away from the company so I never know where to get anything like it.

I love it all so much...Skovgaard, your Nausicaa Collection Ed. set in particular is amazing!

01.15.2011, 08:05 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dballred
quote:

Sometimes there's an upside to being Teto, ne?

This is a tin available in Japan in general. For those who can read Japanese, you might want to notice that the writing is from right to left--the way Japanese wrote horizontally until 1947. It says, "Sakuma-style drops."

Omg that is so cool i want one!

01.16.2011, 01:32 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think I've seen this thread before. You guys have some really cool stuff! All I have are the DVDs, and even then I don't have all of them.

01.16.2011, 10:13 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

I find that eBay is usually the best bet. The OSTs aren't actually that much - I got a bundle of 4 for £20 (Nausicaa, Kiki, Laputa, Porco Rosso), and all brand new/shrink wrapped too, so a fiver each? As far as I'm aware the seller still has the deal going, so check it out! It seemed like a great deal to me When it comes to branded stuff, I think you've just got to be savvy really. Generally I find it's easy to tell which stuff is fake; when it comes to books/cds/dvds, the fonts/graphics are always really rubbish, and if the dvds are 'region free' then they're almost definitely pirated. As a heads up, only one boxset was ever officially produced for Studio Ghibli, and it's Japanese, so all of these 'complete box sets' you see on eBay are bootlegs, often from Malaysia; there seems to be a lot of that going around in general when it comes to anime, I found it a nightmare to get my hands on a real copy of Code Geass! Some shops I'd recommend for real Ghibli merchandise are:

Love Ghibli:
http://loveghibli.ecrater.com/

Jbox:
http://www.jbox.com/home

YesAsia:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/en/home.html

Hobby Link Japan:
http://www.hlj.com/

Tokyo Toys:
http://www.tokyotoys.com/

If anyone's after anything specific just give me a shout; I've done my research (too much research!) so will probably know a website where you can find what you're after.

01.16.2011, 07:26 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whats a good way to search for general ghibli merchandise on ebay? I search studio ghibli merchandise and nothing comes up....

Do you know any ebay stores that sells lots of studio ghibli merch?

01.16.2011, 10:02 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Try to be more specific in your search, for example 'Nausicaa figure', and also look under international sellers too; most of the time Ghibli merch can only be imported directly from Japan itself or China. I can probably advise you further if you let me know exactly what you're after

Post last edited by ~OneSummersDay~ on 01.17.2011, 05:08 AM.

01.17.2011, 05:08 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks